PDA

View Full Version : this team is ****ing garbage.

OpIv37
10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
3 straight losses at HOME, one good game out of 4 so far. No goals in nearly 61 minutes. ONE shot in the first period

They should just put Ennis, Connolly and Vanek on one line and call it the "useless line."

The only players worth a damn so far have been Miller, Hecht and Roy, and even Roy wasn't all that great tonight.

I'm so ****ing sick of watching losses.

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Tyler Myers should shoot more often.

OpIv37
10-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Tyler Myers should shoot more often.

I disagree. He can't get a wrist shot through to save his life.

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Well then he should either shoot anyway or pass.

His indecision makes him fumble the puck and give it away.

OpIv37
10-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Well then he should either shoot anyway or pass.

His indecision makes him fumble the puck and give it away.

agreed on that one.

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 11:10 PM
At least Miller looked better tonight.

mchurchfie
10-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Lindy has everyone so worried about playing positional hockey and playing within "The System" that these guys can never play up to their abilities. They act like they are nervous and afraid of making a mistake. He's a playmaker killer.

snow1989
10-14-2010, 03:09 AM
3 games and we're already hitting the panic button??

:whatthe:

chernobylwraiths
10-14-2010, 05:43 AM
We should be like the Bills and be in rebuilding mode. Trade off all our vets for draft picks. I bet we could get a couple of firsts for Miller.

SabreEleven
10-14-2010, 06:09 AM
This team is digging it's self a hole it isn't good enough to get out of.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2010, 06:19 AM
The only good news is the Penguins are garbage too.

chernobylwraiths
10-14-2010, 06:47 AM

WTF is wrong with you, it's 4 games and that is practically a quarter of the season.

SabreEleven
10-14-2010, 07:02 AM
The only good news is the Penguins are garbage too.

and the bad news is they have the talent to dig out of a hole.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2010, 07:16 AM
and the bad news is they have the talent to dig out of a hole.
And yet the Sabes had more points then the Penguins last year.

clumping platelets
10-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Sekera blows

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 07:42 AM
I agree. I hate the Sabres. I can't wait until the next 78 games are over so I don't have to watch them anymore.

SabreEleven
10-14-2010, 07:56 AM
And yet the Sabes had more points then the Penguins last year.

Regular season doesn't mean **** as long as you make the playoffs.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Regular season doesn't mean **** as long as you make the playoffs.
Exactly.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 08:23 AM

when the three games look exactly like the last 3 years, yes. Nothing has changed.

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 08:24 AM
when the three games look exactly like the last 3 years, yes. Nothing has changed.

Ironically if they started out 4-0-0 this season, people would say it's early and we need to relax. I find humor in how it's spun no matter what.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Ironically if they started out 4-0-0 this season, people would say it's early and we need to relax. I find humor in how it's spun no matter what.

Well we didn't start out 4-0-0 so there is no need to presume how people would react.

And btw, didn't we start out hot like that in 2008 only to miss the playoffs for the second straight year?

Some of you can't see the forest from the trees. You're hung up on "it's only 3 games" and "it's early in the season" and are failing to realize that the reason we lost the 3 games are long-running trends that haven't been corrected: a $6.5 million man who can't score, inconsistent scoring from the top two lines, lack of toughness at times, inability to play a full 60 minutes, ****ty PP, over-reliance on Miller to hide as many of these issues as possible.

This **** hasn't been corrected in 3 years. What makes you think they'll correct it in the next 78 games?

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Well we didn't start out 4-0-0 so there is no need to presume how people would react.

And btw, didn't we start out hot like that in 2008 only to miss the playoffs for the second straight year?

Some of you can't see the forest from the trees. You're hung up on "it's only 3 games" and "it's early in the season" and are failing to realize that the reason we lost the 3 games are long-running trends that haven't been corrected: a $6.5 million man who can't score, inconsistent scoring from the top two lines, lack of toughness at times, inability to play a full 60 minutes, ****ty PP, over-reliance on Miller to hide as many of these issues as possible.

This **** hasn't been corrected in 3 years. What makes you think they'll correct it in the next 78 games?

Never said they would.

You're also acting like "we" like it. If you think I enjoy watching losses, you're insane. My FB would tell you otherwise. I'm nearing a 10 game losing streak between all my teams and it sucks big time.

Trust me, I was *****ing about the PP during the Ottawa game. It's an issue.

To your point about starting out hot in 2008, yes, and you made my point for me. Starting out hot/cold doesn't end up being a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Hell, last night was Jersey's first win all season.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Never said they would.

You're also acting like "we" like it. If you think I enjoy watching losses, you're insane. My FB would tell you otherwise. I'm nearing a 10 game losing streak between all my teams and it sucks big time.

Trust me, I was *****ing about the PP during the Ottawa game. It's an issue.

To your point about starting out hot in 2008, yes, and you made my point for me. Starting out hot/cold doesn't end up being a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Hell, last night was Jersey's first win all season.

if we end up 2 points behind Jersey or NYR in the playoff standings at the end of the year, you won't be saying that it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

These things may not matter much now, but they do in April.

rbochan
10-14-2010, 08:46 AM
At this point, the Bills are more entertaining.

Ground Chuck
10-14-2010, 08:49 AM
I don't think there is that much talent there.

Who is gonna score goals on this team?

SabreEleven
10-14-2010, 08:55 AM
At this point, the Bills are more entertaining.

That's because it's the bye week for the Bills.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 08:56 AM
I don't think there is that much talent there.

Who is gonna score goals on this team?

this is why Derek Roy is almost as infuriating as Thomas Vanek. Roy shows flashes of brilliance- like the first two games- then just disappears for huge stretches.

tampabay25690
10-14-2010, 08:57 AM
I agree. I hate the Sabres. I can't wait until the next 78 games are over so I don't have to watch them anymore.

Dont watch then.

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Dont watch then.

Sarcasm is apparently lost on some people.

Jan Reimers
10-14-2010, 09:04 AM
God, do we love to jump ugly after 4 games. I actually think we'll be better than last year. At forward, McCormick, Niedermeyer, Ennis and Gerbe are more talented than the 4 we lost - Kennedy, Mair, Ellis and Torres. Myers will get even better on D as he matures, and our 2 new defensemen are probably a break even with the 2 we lost.

I'm going to give it more than a week.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 09:26 AM
God, do we love to jump ugly after 4 games. I actually think we'll be better than last year. At forward, McCormick, Niedermeyer, Ennis and Gerbe are more talented than the 4 we lost - Kennedy, Mair, Ellis and Torres. Myers will get even better on D as he matures, and our 2 new defensemen are probably a break even with the 2 we lost.

I'm going to give it more than a week.

how many times do I have to say it?

IT'S NOT 4 GAMES. IT'S 3 ****ING YEARS!

The reason we lost those games are the exact same problems we've had forever.

And you sit here and say the new defenders were better and the fwds are more talented, and that Myers will mature, but so far the results are WORSE than last year. That's completely illogical.

Gerbe did literally nothing last night. And Neidermeyer hasn't been bad but he hasn't been good either. He kind of just exists without making an impact or being a liability.

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 09:31 AM
I've yet to notice the difference between the 2 new defenders and the 2 old ones. Except Leopold has scored twice already.

mchurchfie
10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I've yet to notice the difference between the 2 new defenders and the 2 old ones. Except Leopold has scored twice already.
Me either, these guys cough the puck up all of the time too.

JD
10-14-2010, 10:45 AM
I'd rather suck now and turn it up near the end of the season as opposed to being on fire now and dying out in march.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 11:03 AM
I'd rather suck now and turn it up near the end of the season as opposed to being on fire now and dying out in march.

There's a very good chance that we're going to suck now and still suck in March.

chernobylwraiths
10-14-2010, 11:11 AM
especially if the team is garbage

Nighthawk
10-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Op, I do not know what you are watching, but Ennis shows more offensive ability out there then almost anybody on the team. This kid is the real deal and would be much better if not handcuffed playing with the jokes on the bottom 2 lines.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Op, I do not know what you are watching, but Ennis shows more offensive ability out there then almost anybody on the team. This kid is the real deal and would be much better if not handcuffed playing with the jokes on the bottom 2 lines.

Ennis has been playing with Roy.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 12:26 PM

I just don't see it. He rushes his passes, gets shots blocked, and pulls a Vanek when he gets the puck close to the net. It's like he almost makes a great play but then ****s it up at the last possible second every time. I know hockey isn't an offensive game like basketball, and even the greatest players fail to score most of the times they touch the puck, but he NEVER finishes. Literally NEVER. He rarely even gets a strong shot on goal.

I did notice that he was great at recovering blocked shots, but of course the only reason I know that is because he gets so many friggin shots blocked.

SkateZilla
10-14-2010, 12:27 PM
That's because it's the bye week for the Bills.

Look on the bright side, the Bills Cant Lose this weekend...

Ralph Wilson Stadium and HSBC Will have something in common,
as bills and sabres fans unite under the Price Chopper Paper Bags....

:baghead: :baghead: :baghead: :baghead: :baghead: :baghead: :baghead:
:baghead: :baghead: :baghead: :baghead: :baghead: :baghead: :baghead:

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 12:28 PM
And Lecter's right- initially, Ennis was stuck with Grier and Neidermeyer, but after the injury to Pominville, he got bumped up with Vanek and Connolly.

At some point during the NJ game, Lindy changed it up and put him with Roy and either Hecht or Stafford (I can't remember but I think it was Stafford).

I was actually hoping that he'd do better with more talent around him, but he really didn't.

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 12:36 PM
And Lecter's right- initially, Ennis was stuck with Grier and Neidermeyer, but after the injury to Pominville, he got bumped up with Vanek and Connolly.

At some point during the NJ game, Lindy changed it up and put him with Roy and either Hecht or Stafford (I can't remember but I think it was Stafford).

I was actually hoping that he'd do better with more talent around him, but he really didn't.

Um, what more do you want out of Ennis?

Have you looked at his numbers in his 15 or so games with the Sabres?

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Um, what more do you want out of Ennis?

Have you looked at his numbers in his 15 or so games with the Sabres?

if you look at Vanek's numbers, you'd think he was somewhat consistent (as the friggin NJ announcers wouldn't STFU about last night). But if you actually watch him play, you know it's quite different.

Ennis has 4 assists and 0 goals in 4 games, but that doesn't tell the whole story. I'd like to see him use that skating ability to get a quality shot on goal and maybe eventually get a few in the back of the net. As it is, he skates around, takes a wrist shot that gets blocked, chases down the puck, then skates around before eventually turning it over on a sloppy pass. It's a great Max Afinogenov impression.

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 01:07 PM
if you look at Vanek's numbers, you'd think he was somewhat consistent (as the friggin NJ announcers wouldn't STFU about last night). But if you actually watch him play, you know it's quite different.

Ennis has 4 assists and 0 goals in 4 games, but that doesn't tell the whole story. I'd like to see him use that skating ability to get a quality shot on goal and maybe eventually get a few in the back of the net. As it is, he skates around, takes a wrist shot that gets blocked, chases down the puck, then skates around before eventually turning it over on a sloppy pass. It's a great Max Afinogenov impression.

The guy hasn't even played 20 NHL games and we're relegating him to Afinogenov status? Ouch.

As of now he's averaging nearly a point per game. I'll take that from a young guy still learning the ropes.

chernobylwraiths
10-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Ennis sucks, maybe we could package him with Vanek and Miller for a bag of pucks.

Nighthawk
10-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Ennis has been playing with Roy.

Not on a regular basis...you're incorrect.

Nighthawk
10-14-2010, 10:42 PM

He is the most creative player on this team and actually has superior talent to almost everybody on the team. He has not played consistently with offensive players and let's not forget, our top guys aren't the most deadly sharpshooters in the league. I'm not really sure why you've targeted him as a problem, but in my opinion, you're looking in the wrong place. This team sucks right now because of the same core of players....Connolly, Stafford and Hecht...it's the same every year. Until they rid themselves of one or two of these guys, this team will never change.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 11:00 PM
He is the most creative player on this team and actually has superior talent to almost everybody on the team. He has not played consistently with offensive players and let's not forget, our top guys aren't the most deadly sharpshooters in the league. I'm not really sure why you've targeted him as a problem, but in my opinion, you're looking in the wrong place. This team sucks right now because of the same core of players....Connolly, Stafford and Hecht...it's the same every year. Until they rid themselves of one or two of these guys, this team will never change.

I targeted him as A problem, not necessarily THE problem. Being creative does nothing if it doesn't lead to quality shots, and that's a problem. If he starts turning that creativity into quality shots and eventually into some goals, I'll back off. But right now, he looks like just another middle-of-the-road forward that the Sabres are trying to use as a true scorer.

RockStar36
10-15-2010, 07:30 AM
A middle of the road forward who is averaging a point per game since being called up.

You're picking on the wrong guy Op. I'm all for picking on Connolly and Vanek, but not Ennis yet. I'll give him a full season before that happens.

SabreEleven
10-15-2010, 07:59 AM
A middle of the road forward who is averaging a point per game since being called up.

You're picking on the wrong guy Op. I'm all for picking on Connolly and Vanek, but not Ennis yet. I'll give him a full season before that happens.

Lindy will kill whatever creativity he has in him by the end of the year.

trapezeus
10-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Lindy has everyone so worried about playing positional hockey and playing within "The System" that these guys can never play up to their abilities. They act like they are nervous and afraid of making a mistake. He's a playmaker killer.

i kind of agree with this, but at the same time, this team has passed on a shot on net for an extra pass countless times. this is like 3 years running of this crap.

i have to say, 3 losses in october shouldn't really piss us off, but the bills have really sucked all the patience out of me.

SkateZilla
10-15-2010, 10:28 AM
lets crash the next team practice and inspire them to do better.....

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 09:58 PM

Case and point: ****ed up the breakaway then ran over the goalie on one of the few Sabres offensive chances before the 3rd period.

Mski
10-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Ennis sucks, maybe we could package him with Vanek and Miller for a bag of pucks.maybe we can get Michael Grocshek <sp> back instead