PDA

View Full Version : Posluszny: "I Don't Have Time for 3 Years"

mchurchfie
10-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Then start making some tackles and plays you overrated bum!

Following the players speaking with the media on Monday, John Wawrow of the Associated Press came out with a report that included comments from Buffalo Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr.

On Wednesday, it was the first time to get players' reactions to the comments from the man that signs off on their check each and every week.

The most gripping thoughts were conveyed by Bills inside linebacker Paul Posluszny. As the last remaining member from the 2007 draft class, he knows the volatility of this business, so he's in the business of the here and now.

http://www.wgr550.com/Posluszny---I-Don-t-Have-Time-for-3-Years-/8347058

G Wolly
10-13-2010, 11:59 PM
I'd personally hate to see him go, but he's right.

BillsWin
10-14-2010, 12:21 AM
I doubt he goes anywhere. I've heard he loves Buffalo and if he'd just stay healthy he'd probably be a good player for us. Of course, it always helps 3-4 linebackers to have a good front three to eat up blocks.

Mad Max
10-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Some of those comments are hilarious.

"Nitanny Kitten"

"Spoken like a true high character, high
motor kinda guy. Man, he really works hard. Puts time in the film room, weight room. He's always there to help in the community. Does ever make any plays? No,but man he tries hard."

"Pozbustny"

Nittany Kitten !! lmao

JD
10-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Porcelain Poz might quit tomorrow if he reads these comments:

i don't have time for you to be injured every year.. next

Yes, you probably won't be here for the turn-around because you're a part of the problem.

Here's the door...TAKE A HIKE!!

Of course you dont you miss 4 games a year....can we trade this Jabron??

Hey Poz, people around here know football and its time for you and Aaron Maybee to pick it up a notch

More big talk from an average defensive player. We'll see if all this "soul searching" and "getting things off their chest" makes a difference against Baltimore.

if you want to win, try and start making some plays

those are nice attitudes. but why don't you and Donte start playing like you wanna win, instead of being so fail and making us not care if you're even here

Dont let the door hit you on the way out!!

Try keeping up with a tight end or running back and maybe learn how to tackle and not this garbage slap at the feet you and your fellow players do... Really c'mon watch these guys they look down and throw a arm at the running backs feet and the rb just runs for 8 yards, what happened to wrap up and gang tackle?

Hey Repair Shop - yeah thats what i call Pozlousy. Sounds like hes tired of buffalo... Like Witner said, lets get some guys who want to be here playing.

Porcelain Poz: It's nice that you have this attitude but if you don't have anything to show for it, the words are rendered meaningless.

Puzluser you are terrible please do us a favor and demand a trade out of here Maybe then we could get a linebacker that can make a tackle

Posluszny won't be around in 3 years because he's an average linebacker at best, and he's injury prone. His comments mean nothing. He's not a part of the Bills future.

Poz and Maybin Give Penn St a bad name!

We've been waiting 3 years too...
For Poz to make an impact.

Pozbustny

If only you could find a way to tackle with your mouth you would surly be an all star. Funny but, the guys doing the most talking are the biggest disappointments.

...cuz we the fans have been waiting for you to start performing on the field.

Can't tackle, can't cover TE's, csn't get to the quarterback, can't fend off blockers--where do I stop?

Is three years to long for your fragile Tim Connoly like body to hold up? I think you have missed that many games by your self. So the way I look at it, you owe the Bills three years for free.

Maybe if you made a play on the field you wouldn't have to wait for your replacement.

Try: 1. tackling someone 2. covering someone some forced fumbles or ints would be nice, but let's not get carried away.

Who is this Posluszny guy that everyone is talking about? I've never seen him make any good plays on the field.

Don't Ever Draft From Penn State AGAIN!

Maybe cover a RB or TE ANY RB or TE. I mean just put whichever TE is playing against hte Bills on your fantasy team for the week.

your right in 3 years you will be long gone, you can't cover or fill a hole, see ya

Seriously?... You just spent the last 3 years on IR pretty much... Who are you to say anything you obviously haven't helped...u made alot of money watching those games didn't you!

Well, the Bills have waited 3 years to see if you are one quarter of the player Shane Conlan was 20 plus years ago. You should be charged with unarmed robbery along with your PSU partner in crime Maybin for the money you have stolen thus far.

SquishDaFish
10-14-2010, 04:46 AM
Id hate to see him go but I understand why he said what he said

TMu11
10-14-2010, 05:01 AM
If only you could find a way to tackle with your mouth you would surly be an all star. Funny but, the guys doing the most talking are the biggest disappointments.

This rings all too true (Whitner)

Jan Reimers
10-14-2010, 05:25 AM
I think Poz is saying he wants to win now, because he doesn't know what the future holds. That's what I would expect to hear from any competitive athlete.

Thief
10-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Exactly Jan.

Dujek
10-14-2010, 06:23 AM
I think Poz is saying he wants to win now, because he doesn't know what the future holds. That's what I would expect to hear from any competitive athlete.

Agreed. He didn't say anything about bailing on the team, he just said that he wanted to win now, because he doesn't know if he's going to be here in 3 years.

Seems like a fair comment to me.

TacklingDummy
10-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Seeing the Bills just extended Kelsay should make POS feel good. He should be able to get resigned by someone.

jamze132
10-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Can someone tell Kelsay he is one of the biggest problems with our defense?

Night Train
10-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Can someone tell Kelsay he is one of the biggest problems with our defense?

D Guru George Edawards loves him.

Oh, the irony..

Stewie
10-14-2010, 07:16 AM
I don't know if it's Poz's fault or Kyle Williams, but I haven't seen him make a play within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage this year.

Mahdi
10-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Poz has been horrible. Our DL has not been good, thats for sure, but even when they do seem to hold up against their blocks, the LBs never knife through to make a play at or behind the LoS. Poz is weak and can't shed blocks. I also think he is afraid of smashing into the LoS after breaking his arm twice.

Watching the Jets against the Ravens I remember seeing Ray Lewis just throw himself through the LoS collide with the FB and allow his teammate to make the play on the RB. Never seen Poz attack the LoS like that.

DraftBoy
10-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Poz has been horrible. Our DL has not been good, thats for sure, but even when they do seem to hold up against their blocks, the LBs never knife through to make a play at or behind the LoS. Poz is weak and can't shed blocks. I also think he is afraid of smashing into the LoS after breaking his arm twice.

Watching the Jets against the Ravens I remember seeing Ray Lewis just throw himself through the LoS collide with the FB and allow his teammate to make the play on the RB. Never seen Poz attack the LoS like that.

Its because he's not a 3-4 style LB, he's more of a 4-3 guy who waits to see the hole open up and then tries to fill it. He's standing and waiting for the play to happen rather than attacking and forcing it.

Mahdi
10-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Its because he's not a 3-4 style LB, he's more of a 4-3 guy who waits to see the hole open up and then tries to fill it. He's standing and waiting for the play to happen rather than attacking and forcing it.
Exactly. But even a 4-3 LB has to fill his gap and shed blockers. Poz is just not physical enough to be a MLB and not athletic enough either.

He really doesn't have the mentality of a guy who wants to blow things up. He is more like a safety.

don137
10-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Join the club Poz. Last time the Bills were in the playoffs was Jan 8, 2000. You were 15 years old and in high school far before you began playing for the Bills. When our misery started President Clinton was still in office, 9/11 was just another date on the calendar, gas was under $2 a gallon, my son who is in 6th grade now was 3 1/2 months old and the Sabres were the defending Eastern Conference Champions. Do you think us fans want to wait?

Billz_fan
10-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Sorry Poz, while I understand your 3 year comment I can't get excited or upset by it. You see we been waiting 10 years for the team to do something so your 3 is just a tiny piece of time in comparison. My suggestion is to make sure your plan is in place for life after football. Good luck !

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 08:41 AM
That's nice.

Too bad he didn't have that mentality 5 games ago, because if by some miracle the Bills win out, 11-5 isn't guaranteed to get them in the playoffs, especially with 4 conference losses.

psubills62
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
So...basically Poz is saying that he wants to win now...and people are ripping him for it? Do the fans disagree with him? Are you buying into RW's "patience and pain" spiel? It seems to me people would rip Poz no matter what he says, even though it appears that he and the fans are of one accord on this one. Maybe due to different reasons (i.e. he may be on another team come April), but I have a hard time seeing why people are so pissed about this. He wants to win. Didn't realize so many fans had an issue with that.

Billz_fan
10-14-2010, 09:12 AM
So...basically Poz is saying that he wants to win now...and people are ripping him for it? Do the fans disagree with him? Are you buying into RW's "patience and pain" spiel? It seems to me people would rip Poz no matter what he says, because it seems to me that he and the fans are of one accord on this one. Maybe due to different reasons (i.e. he may be on another team come April), but I have a hard time seeing why people are so pissed about this. He wants to win. Didn't realize so many fans had an issue with that.

Nah no issue whith him wanting to win now. It just comes across as "Me Me" talking about 3 years and not having that kind of time. If he would have just worded it a little different Im sure many would line up behind him.

For instance if he would have said.

"I can't speak for everyone on the team but personally I don't want to wait for 3 years to start winning and I know many of the players feel the same way. The career of NFL players isn't very long and we can never be sure if any or all of us will even be here in 3 years. We want to win now for us and for the fans who have waited so long for a winner in Buffalo. We want to be the ones to bring it to them and we want to do that now not in 3 years."

Then people would be singing his praises :laughter: It's not hard you just can't speak like a block head. :D

Jan Reimers
10-14-2010, 09:13 AM
A lot of people are so frustrated and pissed off on here that they're negative about everything Bills' related, even if they contradict themselves.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 09:18 AM
So...basically Poz is saying that he wants to win now...and people are ripping him for it? Do the fans disagree with him? Are you buying into RW's "patience and pain" spiel? It seems to me people would rip Poz no matter what he says, because it seems to me that he and the fans are of one accord on this one. Maybe due to different reasons (i.e. he may be on another team come April), but I have a hard time seeing why people are so pissed about this. He wants to win. Didn't realize so many fans had an issue with that.

I think the bigger issue is that he says he wants to win but he's playing like ****. I want to make $1 million a year but I can't sit here on BZ while at work and complain that it's not happening.

Mahdi
10-14-2010, 09:18 AM
I really don't think anyone has a problem with his comments. I like his comments. He doesn't want or expect to wait 3 years to win. Any competitor would feel that way.

I think most people are just annoyed with the comments because his play doesn't match his words.

If he wants to win now he should step up his game and play tougher.

justasportsfan
10-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Another case of he can't win. If he said anything he'd be blasted anyways and I can't blame the haters. Just like Whitner, he hasn't lived up to his billing. Want to shut people up, start making plays.

trapezeus
10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
i couldn't hear the clip. but i think the frustration is that players have been talking for years about playing for pride and being tired of losing, and changing culture.

The false outrage they show is just a tiring act. Get it done on the field. Just get it done. And if you can't, make way for someone else.

it's unfortunate because it's not just on them. it's also on the FO and ownership to help these guys out. Like this year, the feelign is going to turn on byrd. and the poor guy isn't a big tackler. he's meant to be a ball hawk that really helps a pass coverage. but with the defense sucking so badly, we have him in on run support. other teams don't even have to throw against us when they get 200+ yards rushing a game.

It's not on him to play better. but it is on front office to get a front 7 that can occassionally get in the same zipcode as the qb and let byrd be the player he's best at being.

i get why people would rip poz. and i get why it sucks for him to be ripped on. but i think we are all done with the sound clips that sound great on thursday but mean nothing on sunday.

psubills62
10-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Nah no issue whith him wanting to win now. It just comes across as "Me Me" talking about 3 years and not having that kind of time. If he would have just worded it a little different Im sure many would line up behind him.

For instance if he would have said.

"I can't speak for everyone on the team but personally I don't want to wait for 3 years to start winning and I know many of the players feel the same way. The career of NFL players isn't very long and we can never be sure if any or all of us will even be here in 3 years. We want to win now for us and for the fans who have waited so long for a winner in Buffalo. We want to be the ones to bring it to them and we want to do that now not in 3 years."

Then people would be singing his praises :laughter: It's not hard you just can't speak like a block head. :D

I understand what you're saying, but players say that kind of thing all the time, especially when they're referencing their own contracts.

mchurchfie
10-14-2010, 10:34 AM
He's not an athlete though Jan.

I really don't think anyone has a problem with his comments. I like his comments. He doesn't want or expect to wait 3 years to win. Any competitor would feel that way.

I think most people are just annoyed with the comments because his play doesn't match his words.

Exactly!!:bf1:

psubills62
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I think the bigger issue is that he says he wants to win but he's playing like ****. I want to make $1 million a year but I can't sit here on BZ while at work and complain that it's not happening.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put my responses to this argument eloquently.

In general, I agree with you guys. I don't think Poz is a good fit for the 3-4, and at this point, probably shouldn't be part of the long-term plans of the Bills. He hasn't been playing well in the 3-4.

That being said, in general I believe people rip on Poz WAY too much. I'm pretty sure any time Poz is mentioned in a thread, people spell it "POS" or they reference how he's "always injured." Both of which are BS. Look at his track record of missing time outside of his rookie year, and you'll see that despite having a high number of injuries, he misses very few games. No, he wasn't a star last year but considering the crappy talent at OLB he had with him, his stats read pretty good (especially when looking at impact stats).

So with those two paragraphs you can get a good idea of my opinion of Poz right now.

With all that in mind, I find it laughable when people single out Poz as one of the worst players on this team. I mean, really? I know he hasn't played very well, but how many players on the defense or offense have? No, he hasn't done very well covering the TE's - neither have our safeties, which seems to me to be a bigger issue. It seems stupid to me to lump him in with guys like Maybin, Chris Ellis, etc. who struggle to even see the field. Poz at least played well in the 4-3, some of our current players couldn't even do that.

In summary: while I understand your points, I don't believe that Poz can be singled out as a specific weak point of this defense. Who currently on our defense has played well? In fact, I'd put a significant amount of blame on George Edwards for doing jacksquat in terms of mixing up blitzes, disguising coverages, etc. Has Poz played well? No. Has anyone else? No.

He can certainly stand to step up his game, but there's a heck of a lot of blame to go around when it comes to losing games. I'm fine with what he said.

One final thing: this reminds me a lot of Ingtar's response to Gailey's press conferences, where Gailey essentially blames the players for the losses. Isn't that what Wilson essentially did? "Patience and pain" after recently coaching hires tells me that they're blaming the losses on personnel. So it seems to me that Poz, especially if the Bills haven't talked to him about an extension, doesn't see himself as part of Buffalo's future, and probably isn't happy with having both Wilson and Gailey blame the current personnel for losing. As others have said, Jauron did manage to win with very similar personnel (although that's another topic that I've put my opinion in on). So in the end, I don't have much of a problem with Poz's response. The coaches decided to switch to a 3-4 this year, against common sense. The personnel is crap, but they're not the only thing that is.

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2010, 10:51 AM
posluszny sucks.

justasportsfan
10-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I doubt anyone will say anything against what Freddie Jackson says. For someone who was undrafted he has stepped up to becoming one of the few players thats good about this team. He's an asset and a contributor.

Guys like POZ and Kelsay who were drafted high are not contributing compared to guys like FJ especially when the team is at it's lowest point.

So who do we blast? Those who were drafted high and expected to be this teams leaders . I can't blame the haters. When the team wins or losses , you look at the leaders or vets on this team.

imbondz
10-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Sorry Poz, while I understand your 3 year comment I can't get excited or upset by it. You see we been waiting 10 years for the team to do something so your 3 is just a tiny piece of time in comparison. My suggestion is to make sure your plan is in place for life after football. Good luck !

lol. I get his 3 year comment, and am not upset by it. I would hope he feels that way.

DynaPaul
10-14-2010, 11:33 AM
That's why they call him PozLousy.

Mahdi
10-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put my responses to this argument eloquently.

In general, I agree with you guys. I don't think Poz is a good fit for the 3-4, and at this point, probably shouldn't be part of the long-term plans of the Bills. He hasn't been playing well in the 3-4.

That being said, in general I believe people rip on Poz WAY too much. I'm pretty sure any time Poz is mentioned in a thread, people spell it "POS" or they reference how he's "always injured." Both of which are BS. Look at his track record of missing time outside of his rookie year, and you'll see that despite having a high number of injuries, he misses very few games. No, he wasn't a star last year but considering the crappy talent at OLB he had with him, his stats read pretty good (especially when looking at impact stats).

So with those two paragraphs you can get a good idea of my opinion of Poz right now.

With all that in mind, I find it laughable when people single out Poz as one of the worst players on this team. I mean, really? I know he hasn't played very well, but how many players on the defense or offense have? No, he hasn't done very well covering the TE's - neither have our safeties, which seems to me to be a bigger issue. It seems stupid to me to lump him in with guys like Maybin, Chris Ellis, etc. who struggle to even see the field. Poz at least played well in the 4-3, some of our current players couldn't even do that.

In summary: while I understand your points, I don't believe that Poz can be singled out as a specific weak point of this defense. Who currently on our defense has played well? In fact, I'd put a significant amount of blame on George Edwards for doing jacksquat in terms of mixing up blitzes, disguising coverages, etc. Has Poz played well? No. Has anyone else? No.

He can certainly stand to step up his game, but there's a heck of a lot of blame to go around when it comes to losing games. I'm fine with what he said.

One final thing: this reminds me a lot of Ingtar's response to Gailey's press conferences, where Gailey essentially blames the players for the losses. Isn't that what Wilson essentially did? "Patience and pain" after recently coaching hires tells me that they're blaming the losses on personnel. So it seems to me that Poz, especially if the Bills haven't talked to him about an extension, doesn't see himself as part of Buffalo's future, and probably isn't happy with having both Wilson and Gailey blame the current personnel for losing. As others have said, Jauron did manage to win with very similar personnel (although that's another topic that I've put my opinion in on). So in the end, I don't have much of a problem with Poz's response. The coaches decided to switch to a 3-4 this year, against common sense. The personnel is crap, but they're not the only thing that is.
Poz never played well in the 4-3, at least not consistently. The guy just doesn't know how to fill a gap or stuff a hole. I have rarely seen him stone an OL and shed him to make a tackle. He is always running around guys or between them to make a play which ends up being made 5-8 yards downfield.

He lacks strength and toughness. He is not an ILB in any scheme. Poz is part of the problem on this team. In fact he is the poster boy for what this team is. Little talent, try hard.

psubills62
10-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Poz never played well in the 4-3, at least not consistently. The guy just doesn't know how to fill a gap or stuff a hole. I have rarely seen him stone an OL and shed him to make a tackle. He is always running around guys or between them to make a play which ends up being made 5-8 yards downfield.

He lacks strength and toughness. He is not an ILB in any scheme. Poz is part of the problem on this team. In fact he is the poster boy for what this team is. Little talent, try hard.
He played fine in the 4-3. He's not even close to the poster boy for what this team is.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 11:59 AM
He played fine in the 4-3. He's not even close to the poster boy for what this team is.

I'd say he is.

Maybin, Whitner, Poz, McKelvin, Evans, Parrish, McCargo- these guys are the poster boys for this team: High draft picks who never lived up to the hype and can't do what's expected of them on the field. They're symbolic of both our lack of talent on the field and our poor FO/management decisions off of it.

Mahdi
10-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Exactly. Fine.

psubills62
10-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I'd say he is.

Maybin, Whitner, Poz, McKelvin, Evans, Parrish, McCargo- these guys are the poster boys for this team: High draft picks who never lived up to the hype and can't do what's expected of them on the field. They're symbolic of both our lack of talent on the field and our poor FO/management decisions off of it.

Evans and Poz are the two I'd strongly disagree on. Both of them have been established starters and produced.

I just don't understand how people can put guys like Evans and Poz in with Whitner, McKelvin, Parrish and McCargo. The latter group is full of guys who are huge disappointments. Evans and Poz haven't been great, but they're a heck of a lot better than those other 4.

ServoBillieves
10-14-2010, 01:14 PM
"But for the guys that are in this locker room right now, we want to win right now. We don't want to credit this year, look back on it and say 'Oh, it was a rebuilding year, no big deal.' We're out here, we're going to work, we're fighting as hard as we can to win, so we want to win right now.

Mahdi
10-14-2010, 01:44 PM
"But for the guys that are in this locker room right now, we want to win right now. We don't want to credit this year, look back on it and say 'Oh, it was a rebuilding year, no big deal.' We're out here, we're going to work, we're fighting as hard as we can to win, so we want to win right now.
Ok thanks Poz. We get it! Don't have to repeat yourself.

k-oneputt
10-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Exactly. But even a 4-3 LB has to fill his gap and shed blockers. Poz is just not physical enough to be a MLB and not athletic enough either.

He really doesn't have the mentality of a guy who wants to blow things up. He is more like a safety.

So basically he is not tough enough to play linebacker in the NFL ????
And, Yes I don't think he is.

There is a difference betqween playing the postion and "playing" the position.

trapezeus
10-14-2010, 04:36 PM

this just screams to me, "we aren't talented enough"

the fact that they all are saying they are doing what they are supposed to and it still just doesn't work out means they aren't good enough.

that's why i'm not really all that interested in whether he is or isn't dedicated to buffalo. he isn't the answer.

i thought that he'd be good if he was put together with a game changing linebacker where he could really t off on blitzes and inside run stuffing. But in 3 years from now, he won't be good at even that with help. but he's a warm body and average. we have enough people who aren't even average at this point.

JCBills
10-14-2010, 05:39 PM
I love how the only knock people try to throw on Poz is "he doesn't make plays!!!"

6 turnovers tied him for the league lead at his position last season. The average NFL fan can probably name 4 or 5 MLBs, and that's usually because they've been on a good team for a decade, oh, and they tend to have D-lines as well.

Mad Max
10-14-2010, 05:39 PM
So...basically Poz is saying that he wants to win now...and people are ripping him for it? Do the fans disagree with him? Are you buying into RW's "patience and pain" spiel? It seems to me people would rip Poz no matter what he says, even though it appears that he and the fans are of one accord on this one. Maybe due to different reasons (i.e. he may be on another team come April), but I have a hard time seeing why people are so pissed about this. He wants to win. Didn't realize so many fans had an issue with that.

They're not ripping on him for what he said. What he said is exactly what every fan would want to hear coming from one of their players.

They just used his statement to vent their frustration on the state of the team. He just made himself a target of the fan-base's vitriol by saying anything. "Stick your head out....it get's chopped off". Replace Poz with X Bill at this time and you get similar responses at this time in our history.

YardRat
10-14-2010, 05:48 PM
We'll start winning when we start filling the roster with more guys that can actually play the game and replace the wannabe's like the POS.

I'm glad he feels the way he does, I would hope every player on the team feels the same way, but bottom line is performance talks, bull**** walks. Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

YardRat
10-14-2010, 05:53 PM
I love how the only knock people try to throw on Poz is "he doesn't make plays!!!"

6 turnovers tied him for the league lead at his position last season. The average NFL fan can probably name 4 or 5 MLBs, and that's usually because they've been on a good team for a decade, oh, and they tend to have D-lines as well.

It's time to ditch the metrics, JC. The guy's made 25 tackles the last two weeks (supposedly) but that' not anywhere near the real story. He's a liability against the run because he can't fill a hole, shed a block, take a decent angle, shoot gaps, read or react....he's also a weak link against the pass and couldn't cover week-old dried-up piles of ****.

He's in over his head at this level, much like the majority of the rest of the roster.

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2010, 07:29 PM
all i ever see is pos running behind a tight end as they make the catch and either get a touchdown or another 15 yards. he can't cover worth a ****.

edit: or i see him get swallowed up and pushed 10 yards away from the play. the guy is a real liability. only way he makes a tackle is if someone missing their blocking assignment.

Philagape
10-14-2010, 07:48 PM

Where do you get the idea that it's the "only" knock on him??

Slow, can't cover, gets swallowed by blockers, waits instead of attacks, etc etc etc

mchurchfie
10-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Another Marv draftpick...nuff said!!

Johnny Bugmenot
10-15-2010, 09:16 AM
He makes London Fletcher look like a run-stuffer.

25 tackles, all 10 yards downfield.

I didn't know we drafted a safety.

DynaPaul
10-15-2010, 11:41 AM
The Poz is gonna be as successful as The Boz in the long run.

trapezeus
10-15-2010, 01:48 PM
i wonder if ralph heard this blip from poz and said, "you don't have 3 years? try being 92 and telling people to wait 3 years."

Cleve
10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Are you buying into RW's "patience and pain" spiel?

"Pain and Patience" - LOL - it's sort of like "Earth and Water" from the movie "300".

"Pain and Patience? You'll find plenty of both down there, Wilson!" - LOL!

"This is blasphemy. This is madness!"

"Madness? This. Is. BUFFALO!!!!"

Figster
10-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Poz had a good game today and led the team in Tackles with 13 solos and 4 assists,

Posluszny and Whitner have been Buffalo's two best players on defense this season in my opinion with Kyle Williams a close third.

McKelvin also deserves honorable mention

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 08:16 AM
He's a linebacker, he's supposed to be making the tackles, especially when they can't stop the run or get off the field on 3rd downs.
Average at best lb, functional if you can put some good players around him. Definitely not a difference maker.

Mahdi
11-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Poz had a good game today and led the team in Tackles with 13 solos and 4 assists,

Posluszny and Whitner have been Buffalo's two best players on defense this season in my opinion with Kyle Williams a close third.

Poz in order to be effective needs to have someone next to him who is both more physical and faster. Poz is not fast enough to cover RBs in the flat or TEs downfield and not physical enough to get his nose dirty in run support.

Poz is an instinctive player and will make plays but he just doesn't have the physical tools. He gets washed too easily and can't make tackles behind or at the LoS. He is always chasing. A lot of the time I see the DL filling their lanes but there is no support from the LBs to fill gaps and shut down the run play.

Philagape
11-01-2010, 08:50 AM

And once again, they're the leaders of a defense that gets destroyed in the run game. That's sure something to be proud of. Way to go, guys!

The two most embarrassing things about this board are
1. Flaming homers (see the Cowher-still-wants-to-come-here thread)
and
2. Stat sheet fans.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-01-2010, 08:53 AM
The last two weeks Poz has been good in this defense. They switched Davis and him and clearly Poz is benefiting. Poz is part of the solution folks he just needs to be our 3rd best linebacker, not 1st.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 08:55 AM
You are right about the 3rd.

Mahdi
11-01-2010, 08:57 AM

I agree with you that Whitner and McKelvin had strong games. Our pass coverage has been excellent.

Last week Flacco had to hold the ball a long time on several occasions and had to throw the ball away or in the turf.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 08:58 AM
They need to draft some mid-rd, run stuffing lbers from the SEC. ,4th and 5th rd picks who will be able to come in and play on this defense.

Cleve
11-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree with you that Whitner and McKelvin had strong games. Our pass coverage has been excellent.

Last week Flacco had to hold the ball a long time on several occasions and had to throw the ball away or in the turf.
Defense had a surprisingly good game on Sunday - holding KC to only 10 points in regulation despite giving up 272 yds on the ground.

Special teams and offense was putrid though. Fitzpatrick in particular had a poor game. He was VERY lucky he didn't get picked more than once. He also overthrew some key passes - the worst being overthrowing Spiller for what would have been a game-winning reception (provided Spiller didn't drop it - LOL!) One of his passes in particular had a horrible amateur wobble to it - like something a 13 year old at the playground would throw. Weather didn't appear to be an excuse either.