PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: One Fan's View

northernbillfan
10-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Normally after a Bills’ loss, I am primed to write an angry article. For some reason I didn’t feel that this time. Perhaps it was because the weather was nice. Maybe it was because it was the first game that I actually was excited for 1 quarter. I went to the NYC Bills Backers Bar and met up an old friend I hadn’t seen since high school. Perhaps that camaraderie wore away the pure frustration the Bills bring about.

For one quarter, the Bills actually made me clap. Twice! A fumbled punt for no reason, a response to the turnover with a quick strike touchdown, a running back getting through holes and an INT. Those were things that usually happened to the Bills, but they were actually happening FOR the Bills. It was a competitive football game for 15 minutes.

I actually had fun despite the fact we knew it was going to turn. We knew the second the Bills didn’t score a second touchdown that the game was over. The Bills could be renamed the Defibrillators. They constantly give teams life when the opposition should be dead.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/10/14/one_fans_view_the_bills_on_discovery_network.php)

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 09:43 AM
It’s another thing to be somewhere wearing Bills gear and being mocked constantly.

Do you actually get mocked for wearing Bills gear? I get more of the "poor thing" approach, kind of like talking to a kid who has cancer.

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Do you actually get mocked for wearing Bills gear? I get more of the "poor thing" approach, kind of like talking to a kid who has cancer.

Yeah, I don't get mocked at all anymore. People just feel bad for me. And now I'm passing it down. I feel kind of bad about that.

trapezeus
10-14-2010, 10:12 AM
walking out of the bills bar in NYC usually gets some mild level of mockery in the aftermath of the games. yes, when talking casually with someone on a non game day, the tone has definitely changed. "you are a bills fan? why?"

Me: I was born there. everyone else can mock it, but i love buffalo.
them: i drove through there once. I'm jets/patriots/cowboys/giants fan
me: what you want to do next time you are in buffalo is go to the robert moses parkway to niagara falls, and make a hard left when you get to goat island, then a right off the bridge.

northernbillfan
10-14-2010, 10:18 AM
The mocks I receive these days are closer to sympathy than actual smack talk.

Cntrygal
10-14-2010, 12:01 PM

Ditto

Ingtar33
10-14-2010, 01:42 PM
same. and it pisses me off

trapezeus
10-14-2010, 01:54 PM
i'd rather have the sympathy because it was so annoying to pretend we were a half decent team, watch a game with opposing fans, be mocked endlessly during those games while thinking we could win.

Now those fans just watch silently and apologize the entire time. There is zero competitive anger in my system these days. It's more collegial. I do hope to see a bills team that is competitive and to be able to trash talk someone knowing the team could back it up. but currently, these are not those days.

shelby
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
OFV...the highlight of my week!

The Bills can't lose this weekend, y'all!