PDA

View Full Version : Hardy Tries To Catch on With Bengals

patmoran2006
10-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Former 2008 second round draft bust James Hardy is trying to restart his NFL career by trying out with the Cincinnati Bengals, according to Jason LaConfora (http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/27354608431) of NFL.com

Hardy was cut by the Bills prior to the start of this season after undrafted rookie David Nelson beat him out for a roster spot. The former second rounder from Indiana University had 10 catches for 96 yards and a pair of touchdowns in parts of two seasons with Buffalo, which were filled with injuries and inconsistent play.

This is Hardy’s second known tryout since being released by Buffalo. He tried out with Seattle last month, but was not offered a contract.

The selection of Hardy in 2008 was another in a long line of Bills draft mistakes. Needing a receiver, the Bills took Hardy with the 41<SUP>st</SUP> overall selection. With the next pick Denver chose receiver Eddie Royal and Philadelphia took DeSean Jackson eight spots later. Both have went on to have far more NFL success to this point.

In other news, former Buffalo Bills safety and current free agent Ko Simpson also visited with the Bengals. He was cut by the Detroit Lions before the regular season started.

madness
10-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Got to love those college one year wonders. :bigwave: Maybin

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Maybe T.O. can put a good word in for him.

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2010, 11:39 AM
We've had many consecutive years of terrible drafts.

Some blame Donahoe, some blame Jauron, some blame Marv. But what is really the common denominator?

Tom Modrak.

Get this MF out of there already.

madness
10-14-2010, 11:48 AM

Some blame Donahoe, some blame Jauron, some blame Marv. But what is really the common denominator?

Tom Modrak.

William Bruce Davis

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Needing a receiver, the Bills took Hardy with the 41st overall selection. With the next pick Denver chose receiver Eddie Royal and Philadelphia took DeSean Jackson eight spots late

Are you ****ing kidding me? We have to be the WORST in the NFL in terms of drafting.

OpIv37
10-14-2010, 11:51 AM

Tom Modrak.

The other common denominator is Ralph, but unfortunately, there is no way to fire the owner.

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Yes but I'm not so sure if Ralph is going out scouting and assigning grades to players. He may not even have input in drafts after the first round or so.

madness
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm telling you... once William Bruce Davis dies, it's all gravy.

William Bruce Davis ----> :smoke:

The narrative again changes to 1991. The Cigarette Smoking Man attends a meeting with various other men, discussing things like Gorbachev (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev)'s resignation, the Anita Hill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Hill) controversy, the Rodney King (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King) trial, and his insistence that the Buffalo Bills (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bills) must not win the Super Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl).

trapezeus
10-14-2010, 11:55 AM
and seattle seems to think these awful bills players are worth looking at. losman, lynch and hardy. I guess mccargo, whitner, and maybin better get excited about the rain.

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2010, 11:58 AM
and seattle seems to think these awful bills players are worth looking at. losman, lynch and hardy. I guess mccargo, whitner, and maybin better get excited about the rain.
Yet Seattle still has a better record than we do, consistently.

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Yet Seattle still has a better record than we do, consistently.

They play in the NFC West.

DraftBoy
10-14-2010, 12:02 PM
They play in the NFC West.

We'd still have the same record though even if we played out there.

Jan Reimers
10-14-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm telling you... once William Bruce Davis dies, it's all gravy.

William Bruce Davis ----> :smoke:
I'm pretty sure he's dead.

RockStar36
10-14-2010, 12:05 PM

Not even close.

The 9-7 year and the 5-1 start to the year were both years they played the NFC West.

That isn't a coincidence.

madness
10-14-2010, 12:05 PM

...as Seattle. Even the 49ers would figure out how to lose to us after kicking our ass all game!

Jan Reimers
10-14-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm pretty sure he's dead.
Whoops, he's still alive. We're still doomed.

patmoran2006
10-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Not even close.

The 9-7 year and the 5-1 start to the year were both years they played the NFC West.

Yer right about that.. 6-2 vs NFC West last two times we've played them.
Although, Arizona kinda kickstarted the degeneration of Edwards' Bills career.

Jan Reimers
10-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Both have went on to have far more NFL success to this point.
Maybe it's nit picking, but have went is really bad grammar. It should be have gone.

Billz_fan
10-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Odd he would try Cincy with Chad and T.O. and Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell, Quan Cosby, Jerome Simpson. If he could not crack the Bills roster how the heck does he think he is going to Cincy ??

zone
10-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Odd he would try Cincy with Chad and T.O. and Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell, Quan Cosby, Jerome Simpson. If he could not crack the Bills roster how the heck does he think he is going to Cincy ??
I think that is why he is trying Cincy, didn't T.O. take him "under his wing" while he was here?

stuckincincy
10-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Maybe T.O. can put a good word in for him.

That's all they need - a word from twittering TO.

He's the same as in BUF - dropped passes, the occasional spiff reception.

CIN's long-time idiot OC Bratkowski (the owner never eats a contract, no matter what) was killing his team all game long - even the announcers were mystified about why they weren't pounding the ball on the ground despite success against a Tampa 2.

TO in the waning moments commits an off. interference penalty, and then the idiot OC calls for a pass to the once-again pouting OchoDinko, who lets it bounce off of his paws into a db's able hands. A run for no yards would have gotten them into a long, game winning FG situation - and Nugent has been banging the long ones this season. At the least, their punter Huber might have buried TB inside the ten or at worst, on the 20.

The messianic, self-loving Marvin Lewis is mad, but it means nothing. He's long been absorbed into the Mike Brown Borg Collective. Resistance is futile. The latest inductee is their DC, Zimmer.

The talking head idiots on the post game shows chirped up TO - you would think they would watch at least a few plays before they go shooting off their mouths.

It's all show business...

patmoran2006
10-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I spoke to Joe Reedy of the Cinci Inquirer to see if he found out how the workout went.

He told me "Not good enough to sign him".

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Coming to a UFL team near you, James Hardy!

BertSquirtgum
10-14-2010, 08:29 PM
james hardy. another awesome player scouted by tom modrak and his band of monkeys.

Dujek
10-15-2010, 04:48 AM
Not even close.

The Bills were 2-2 against the NFC West in the year with the 5-1 start.

What helped them to a 7-9 record was going 4-0 against the AFC West, who were somehow even worse that year.

jamze132
10-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Got to love those college one year wonders. :bigwave: Maybin
Couldn't have said it better myself.

stuckincincy
10-15-2010, 08:05 AM
I spoke to Joe Reedy of the Cinci Inquirer to see if he found out how the workout went.

He told me "Not good enough to sign him".

Reedy's an astute reporter, as was the fellow he took over for, Mark Curnutte.

RockStar36
10-15-2010, 08:43 AM
The Bills were 2-2 against the NFC West in the year with the 5-1 start.

What helped them to a 7-9 record was going 4-0 against the AFC West, who were somehow even worse that year.
Yeah but they started out 4-0 by playing Seattle and St. Louis, grabbing two cheap wins.

The two most memorable years in the past decade were NFC West years.

On top of that, it's an awful division. I think this is just a known fact right now. 7-9 probably wins it this year.