PDA

View Full Version : So, What Will Be Our Plan at QB ?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Landing a stud QB will be key for the Bills in the coming draft. We should be in a position to get one. Right now, I want Luck or Mallett. Can't decide which, but I'm leaning towards Luck. We should be turning over any rock looking for help at the QB position. I'm impressed by both Ricky Ray & Dalton Bell up in the CFL. One of those guys could start until the rookie is ready. We cannot keep striking out at QB. Thoughts, people?:kid:

Mahdi
10-15-2010, 08:19 AM
**** Plan B.

The King
10-15-2010, 08:22 AM
I'd say draft the sure thing whether its a LT or QB

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 08:24 AM
A LT & stick with the garbage we have at QB???? No thanks.:bs: :comedy:

buffalobillsfan95
10-15-2010, 08:25 AM
i prefer a upright quarter back instead a pancaked one though :D

Dujek
10-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Mallet. Just say no to another dink and dunk QB from Stanford.

The King
10-15-2010, 08:37 AM

It takes time to rebuild and a QB with no protection develops bad habits.

THRILLHO
10-15-2010, 08:43 AM
**** Plan B.
Preperations A-G have failed for the Buffalo Bills. So now we will try:

PREPERATION H!

Also, Edit: **********

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 08:43 AM
It takes time to rebuild and a QB with no protection develops bad habits.
Sam Bradford seems to be doing just fine. We need a QB. Lineman can be addressed in later draft rounds.:plane:

The King
10-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Sam Bradford seems to be doing just fine. We need a QB. Lineman can be addressed in later draft rounds.:plane:

The Rams line is way better than ours.

RockStar36
10-15-2010, 08:54 AM
QB.

A good line does nothing with a crappy QB behind it.

O-Line can be built in rounds 2-7, they need to jump on the QB immediately. If they wait, they'll end up with another Trent Edwards.

The King
10-15-2010, 09:00 AM
I just think they need to take the sure thing... whether thats a QB or LT.

tampabay25690
10-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Landing a stud QB will be key for the Bills in the coming draft. We should be in a position to get one. Right now, I want Luck or Mallett. Can't decide which, but I'm leaning towards Luck. We should be turning over any rock looking for help at the QB position. I'm impressed by both Ricky Ray & Dalton Bell up in the CFL. One of those guys could start until the rookie is ready. We cannot keep striking out at QB. Thoughts, people?:kid:

LUck over Mallett.
I still think the way the draft in QB will go is LUCK, LOCKER, and Mallett..
Locker having the athletic ability over all of them but a bit inconsistent.
I still feel that Locker is the better TALENT....

T-Long
10-15-2010, 09:17 AM
You can't win in this league without a QB. It all starts there. There isn't an elite LT in the top 5 of the draft anyways, so a QB has to be the pick. If Luck doesn't come out, I would have to say Mallett would be the pick, unless Locker really excels the rest of the season.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Why, in discussing the O-line and LT, do many posters ignore the fact that Bell is developing nicely, and may be a pretty damned good LT by the end of the season.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Is that right? Way better? Then they sure improved in a hurry, Bulger was abused last season. The Rams drafted their tackle in the SECOND round. Get the QB first, use your head.:comedy:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 09:27 AM
QB.

A good line does nothing with a crappy QB behind it.

O-Line can be built in rounds 2-7, they need to jump on the QB immediately. If they wait, they'll end up with another Trent Edwards.
Well said & right on target. Kudos.:couch:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 09:28 AM
LUck over Mallett.
I still think the way the draft in QB will go is LUCK, LOCKER, and Mallett..
Locker having the athletic ability over all of them but a bit inconsistent.
I still feel that Locker is the better TALENT....
Locker is NOT accurate. I don't want him. A bust waiting to happen.:comedy:

justasportsfan
10-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Nix is busy scouting other teams' practice squad for a qb.

trapezeus
10-15-2010, 10:25 AM
with the way we do things, i wouldnt be surprised if we pick luck and try and convert him to an LT. I wish we would let people play in their natural positions. i'd like wood to be center. i think our line problems might be a function of having a bad center not making the proper calls which screws the protection schemes.

it is hard to believe our bad lines are all based on terrible players.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Luck or Mallett in the first or Ponder in the 2nd

SABURZFAN
10-15-2010, 10:27 AM
let's just bring Joe Ferguson out of mothballs.

mightysimi
10-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Is that right? Way better? Then they sure improved in a hurry, Bulger was abused last season. The Rams drafted their tackle in the SECOND round. Get the QB first, use your head.:comedy:

They drafted Jason Smith 2nd overall the year before. He was supposed to be the LT. They didn't plan to draft a RT 2nd.

Ed
10-15-2010, 10:31 AM
If Luck is their for the taking, I think it's a safe bet that he's our next qb. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

If people feel Mallet is worth a top 3 pick then I'm cool with that.

I just don't want to see us reach. It doesn't seem like there will be a LT this year that's worthy of a top 3 pick, so I would be ok with going after the best defensive player in the draft and waiting until round 2 and 3 to grab a qb and LT.

Ideally, if we can't get the franchise qb we want with our top pick, I would love to see us make some type of blockbuster deal where we trade down and pick up a bunch of extra picks.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
The idea of getting Ricky Ray as a new upstart is groomed is intriguing. Ray has dominated the CFL for years now. Cold weather guy. He's smart, accurate and sports a winning smile. I say make it happen.
Good call here Doc.

Bangarang
10-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Ugh Mallett and Locker would be a reach with the #1 pick. If Luck doesn't come out then you take an Adrian Clayborn type of guy who is an elite DE.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Ugh Mallett and Locker would be a reach with the #1 pick. If Luck doesn't come out then you take an Adrian Clayborn type of guy who is an elite DE.

We've got to get a new QB as first order of business. Should have been done last offseason, but Nix foolishly ignored. :chat:

RockStar36
10-15-2010, 11:00 AM
We've got to get a new QB as first order of business. Should have been done last offseason, but Nix foolishly ignored. :chat:

Who was available and worth the 9 pick?

Nix waited because there wasn't anybody worthwhile last draft. There will be this year.

JCBills
10-15-2010, 11:00 AM

Lol, those exist?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I wish Sam Bradford was a Buffalo Bill. Sigh.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Who was available and worth the 9 pick?

Nix waited because there wasn't anybody worthwhile last draft. There will be this year.

We should have drafted Clausen, who was slated to go in the first, when he fell into our laps in the 2nd. :madmad:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 11:11 AM
We should have drafted Clausen, who was slated to go in the first, when he fell into our laps in the 2nd. :madmad:
Clausen sucks.:laughing: :laughing:

RockStar36
10-15-2010, 11:12 AM

Yeah, because Clausen is a real good NFL QB.

You're kidding, right?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 11:18 AM
How about Rhett Bomar?

better days
10-15-2010, 11:22 AM

Mel Kiper was the only one to rate Clausen that high & Kiper has been accused of rating him higher than he should have because Clausen was a client of his friend.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 11:29 AM
How about Rhett Bomar?
I like Bomar.:drool2:

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Clausen sucks.:laughing: :laughing:
lol ok now I'm sure Dr.Z and Taylor are not the same guy.

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2010, 11:38 AM
I like Bomar.:drool2:
Dude be careful of your usage of smilies.

It made you sound :limp:

DraftBoy
10-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Ricky Ray has been in the NFL before, he was a Jets backup years ago. Never really got an opportunity to play much so he went back to the CFL.

The thing with Ray is that he makes a lot of poor decisions and throws some bad balls. He's only had one career year of under 10 INT's.

Forward_Lateral
10-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Isn't Ricky Ray aproaching the end of his career anyways?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Dude be careful of your usage of smilies.

It made you sound :limp:
LOL. Okay. I sure don't want to be mistaken for............:bow:

DraftBoy
10-15-2010, 12:05 PM

He's 30, so he'd likely only be a 3-4 year guy max.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Ricky Ray has been in the NFL before, he was a Jets backup years ago. Never really got an opportunity to play much so he went back to the CFL.

The thing with Ray is that he makes a lot of poor decisions and throws some bad balls. He's only had one career year of under 10 INT's.
Sure, but look at the huge number of throws he makes. The Eskimos aren't a running team. Ray is a good QB.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 12:06 PM
30 years old. Pretty young.:bike:

Nighthawk
10-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Mallet. Just say no to another dink and dunk QB from Stanford.

Hmmm, sounds like the arguement in the NFL at the 1998 NFL Draft...we all know the outcome of that one!

TacklingDummy
10-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Wait till 2012, Matt Barkley bandwagon is taking passengers.

TacklingDummy
10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I am hoping the Bills don't have the #1 pick that way someone else will draft Luck and the Bills can draft Green.

#1 WR this year, franchise QB (Barkley) next year.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I am hoping the Bills don't have the #1 pick that way someone else will draft Luck and the Bills can draft Green.

#1 WR this year, franchise QB (Barkley) next year.
Heck, why don't we just WAIT until 2019 to draft a QB. We'll be just fine with Fitz, Brohm & Brown. LOL:jig:

TacklingDummy
10-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Heck, why don't we just WAIT until 2019 to draft a QB. We'll be just fine with Fitz, Brohm & Brown. LOL:jig:
Drafting a QB next year will not solve any of the Bills problems.

QB although a problem, is not the biggest issue on this team. If Fitz keeps playing the way he has been...

2011 Draft

1. WR (Green)
2. DE or LB
3. DE or LB
4. DT or LB or DE
5,6,7 O-linemen

1. QB (Barkley)
2. DE
3,4,5,7. O-linemen

If Fitz plays like crap rest of year maybe the Bills should think about Mallet.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Drafting a QB next year will not solve any of the Bills problems.

QB although a problem, is not the biggest issue on this team. If Fitz keeps playing the way he has been...

2011 Draft

1. WR (Green)
2. DE or LB
3. DE or LB
4. DT or LB or DE
5,6,7 O-linemen

1. QB (Barkley)
2. DE
3,4,5,7. O-linemen

If Fitz plays like crap rest of year maybe the Bills should think about Mallet.
Why Barkley?? He has "bust" written all over him. Give me Luck or Mallett. We can't keep putting off developing a REAL QB!!:chug:

T-Long
10-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Taking a WR over Luck or Mallett is flat out suicide. I honestly will leave my spot at the draft and go up and tackle the podium myself!

Night Train
10-15-2010, 01:24 PM
There is no " Sure Thing " in ANY Draft.

Luck has looked the best of the bunch by a mile but he also has a HC who hates Buffalo because of his grudge with J. Kelly. Luck also has 2 years of eligibility left (redshirt Soph.) and would stay at Stanford if a lockout looks likely.

That Nix is out scouting QB's doesn't mean it's a lock that that one of the 3 mentioned prominently in this thread would be selected.

It won't mean a damn thing if we don't get some talent in our D front 7, since they cannot stop anyone and keep the team in games.

Thus the 2-3 year thinking of many at OBD.

Mallet has folded like a tent late in close games and Locker also hurries throws ala Losman, when facing pressure.

Poise & escapability is vastly underrated and the discussion does not begin and end with just 3 names.

I'll wait until the 7th round is complete before viewing the body of work in any draft, since it's more of a gamble than people think.

Ingtar33
10-15-2010, 01:42 PM

no.. it is not. that line is putrid

Luck has looked the best of the bunch by a mile but he also has a HC who hates Buffalo because of his grudge with J. Kelly. Luck also has 2 years of eligibility left (redshirt Soph.) and would stay at Stanford if a lockout looks likely.

That Nix is out scouting QB's doesn't mean it's a lock that that one of the 3 mentioned prominently in this thread would be selected.

It won't mean a damn thing if we don't get some talent in our D front 7, since they cannot stop anyone and keep the team in games.

Mallet has folded like a tent late in close games and Locker also hurries throws ala Losman, when facing pressure.
Poise & escapability is vastly underrated and the discussion does not begin and end with just 3 names.

I'll wait until the 7th round is complete before viewing the body of work in any draft, since it's more of a gamble than people think.

a single close game against one of the best teams in the nation... a team he had on the ropes i might add. He played pretty good last week in a tight game.

luck also "folded" against the ducks

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 01:44 PM
You're right, those saying otherwise are clueless.:surf:

Dujek
10-15-2010, 01:57 PM

a single close game against one of the best teams in the nation... a team he had on the ropes i might add. He played pretty good last week in a tight game.

luck also "folded" against the ducks

And the game against Georgia when he led the Razorbacks down the field to win the game after the scores were tied with 47 seconds left.

Against Alabama he lost trying to make things happen. There's a guy who has worn #4 around the league for most of the last 2 decades who occasionally has games like that, I doubt we'd have been too upset if he'd been with the Bills for most of that time.

Bangarang
10-15-2010, 03:01 PM

If there is a lockout and we had the #1 pick, wouldn't we just have the #1 pick in the following year's draft as well? If that were the case, and our front office was really high on Luck, staying in school another year won't help him from not coming to Buffalo. Unless he gets injured or completely forgets how to throw the ball.

Akhippo
10-15-2010, 03:11 PM
If Luck is their for the taking, I think it's a safe bet that he's our next qb. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

If people feel Mallet is worth a top 3 pick then I'm cool with that.

I just don't want to see us reach. It doesn't seem like there will be a LT this year that's worthy of a top 3 pick, so I would be ok with going after the best defensive player in the draft and waiting until round 2 and 3 to grab a qb and LT.

Ideally, if we can't get the franchise qb we want with our top pick, I would love to see us make some type of blockbuster deal where we trade down and pick up a bunch of extra picks.

Im with the blockbuster deal also. Trade out and stockpile picks. Maybe someones first next year. I would pick dead last in the first if that meant a first next years and an extra second and third this year.

If we could walk out with a LT/RT/NT/OLB's in the first three rounds let fitz work another year, and have the ammution to go after Luck next year with two first rounders I would call that a viable solution.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Im with the blockbuster deal also. Trade out and stockpile picks. Maybe someones first next year. I would pick dead last in the first if that meant a first next years and an extra second and third this year.

If we could walk out with a LT/RT/NT/OLB's in the first three rounds let fitz work another year, and have the ammution to go after Luck next year with two first rounders I would call that a viable solution.
LOL, and what about a QUARTERBACK??????? Stick with Fitz???:wtf:

Jan Reimers
10-15-2010, 03:45 PM
I ask again: Why are we so concerned about LT? Will Bell be continually overlooked, even as he matures into a fine player?

We need a QB above everything, plus D-linemen and LBs. And a RT if Howard, Wrotto et. al. can't be developed.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I ask again: Why are we so concerned about LT? Will Bell be continually overlooked, even as he matures into a fine player?

We need a QB above everything, plus D-linemen and LBs. And a RT if Howard, Wrotto et. al. can't be developed.
We'd better NOT pass on a franchise QB!:pirate2:

JCBills
10-15-2010, 04:00 PM
How about Rhett Bomar?

Lol, you turn every thread on BBMB into a Bomar lovefest, please don't do the same here.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Lol, you turn every thread on BBMB into a Bomar lovefest, please don't do the same here.

What can I say? I like the guy. Had he not had the issue at OU we may never have heard of one Sam Bradford. :couch:

mightysimi
10-15-2010, 05:14 PM
The idea of getting Ricky Ray as a new upstart is groomed is intriguing. Ray has dominated the CFL for years now. Cold weather guy. He's smart, accurate and sports a winning smile. I say make it happen.
Good call here Doc.

That's why he couldn't stay on the Jets practice squad a few years back.

Akhippo
10-15-2010, 05:56 PM

We seem to have alot of "fine" players on the roster. In the trenches we need Pro Bowl type players.

C Howard might be a fine player. Wrotto also. Heck, Fitz is a fine player. We have been 7-9 forever because all we have are fine, not great players.

X-Era
10-15-2010, 06:57 PM
It takes time to rebuild and a QB with no protection develops bad habits.My only problem with this is that there really doesn't seem to be any OT worthy of a top 10 pick which I think we all know we will have. However, there could be 2 or even 3 QB's that end up top 10. I just dont want to reach.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Locker is NOT accurate. I don't want him. A bust waiting to happen.:comedy:
Incorrect you'll see maybe not 1 overall top 10 with a lt of productive years ahead of him

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-15-2010, 09:11 PM
We seem to have alot of "fine" players on the roster. In the trenches we need Pro Bowl type players.

C Howard might be a fine player. Wrotto also. Heck, Fitz is a fine player. We have been 7-9 forever because all we have are fine, not great players.

Spot on.:angel:

JCBills
10-16-2010, 03:32 AM
What can I say? I like the guy. Had he not had the issue at OU we may never have heard of one Sam Bradford. :couch:

We get it, and it might make sense if he was on the team, but he isn't.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2010, 05:49 AM

Look, we need a franchise QB, several better players in our front seven, and probably a RT and TE.

But we don't need, nor ever will have, an All-Pro at every position. I'm simply saying that those continually harping that we need a LT early in the draft are ignoring Bell's development, and falling prey to the usual attitude on this board - that if a guy is not a big name, or a high draft pick, or both, he must be a bum.

tomz
10-16-2010, 09:08 AM
One thought: Logan Mankins will be a UFA next year. To me, the interior of the line looks somewhat weak. This would enable Wood to move to C. Then draft a right tackle who can move the pile. Protection isn't THAT bad but we cannot impose our will in the run game.

wozrob11
10-17-2010, 06:44 PM
the rams are doing pretty good with a rookie qb and a crappy line and a nobody LT so enough with this LT bull**** we blew it with mike williams lets not do it again TIME FOR A FRACHISE QB!!!!!!!!!

billz83
10-18-2010, 01:21 AM
i just hope they dont reach on a QB just because they are trying to get a QB and end up with a bust because we all know this is the buffalo bills way.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-18-2010, 10:43 AM
the rams are doing pretty good with a rookie qb and a crappy line and a nobody LT so enough with this LT bull**** we blew it with mike williams lets not do it again TIME FOR A FRACHISE QB!!!!!!!!!
Yes, Yes, YES:usflag: