PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys ****ing get it yet?

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Roy and Miller are the only players on this team with any ****ing talent. And it's only a matter of time before Roy hits one of his patented slumps.

Lindy is clueless and appears to be just randomly shuffling lines at this point.

Roy (2x) and Vanek both got caught on the ice for far too much time.

Butler ****ing BLOWS. This guy has no business being in the NHL.

Neidermayer is the PERFECT replacement for prototypical trade deadline gaffe Raffie Torres: non-existent offensively.

Grier gets by on experience and smarts but he's done physically.

**** this team. Only a Buffalo team could ruin the 40th anniversary celebration by having the team boo'd off the ice for being winless at home in 4 chances.

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Are you really saying Myers has no talent? Ennis has no talent?

Really?

My God.

Myers has no talent.

That's a new one.

Nobody is happy with the team's start.

Saying Myers and Ennis have no talent is stupid.

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:08 PM

Really?

My God.

Myers has no talent.

That's a new one.

do they have talent? if so, what ****ing difference is it making?

Ennis has Afinogenov talent- he skates around quickly while doing cool things with the puck before turning it over or having a wrist shot blocked. Maybe eventually he'll get a quality shot, let alone a goal. I don't see why everyone is all over this kid's nuts.

Oh, and did I mention that Butler ****ing blows?

bigbub2352
10-15-2010, 10:08 PM
i will say
Hecht
Stafford
Connolly
Butler
Sekera
Rivet

all can be replaced
and vanek really needs to start showing he actually cares
i really do think change is needed in the lineup

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
do they have talent? if so, what ****ing difference is it making?

Ennis has Afinogenov talent- he skates around quickly while doing cool things with the puck before turning it over or having a wrist shot blocked. Maybe eventually he'll get a quality shot, let alone a goal. I don't see why everyone is all over this kid's nuts.

Oh, and did I mention that Butler ****ing blows?

For one Ennis has 4 assists, so he is not as horrible as you say he is. Not to mention he is a 21 year old rookie.

And the fact is you are saying Myers has no talent.

I assume you think they should let him walk next year when is a FA?

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2010, 10:11 PM
i will say
Hecht
Stafford
Connolly
Butler
Sekera
Rivet

all can be replaced
and vanek really needs to start showing he actually cares
i really do think change is needed in the lineup
Vanek does care and works as hard as anybody out there. If anything he starts to press too much.

Crisis
10-15-2010, 10:17 PM
i'll be worried in a month if they look like this still

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Vanek does care and works as hard as anybody out there. If anything he starts to press too much.

I call bull**** on this. He'll take a hit in front of the net but he doesn't work his way back on D.

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
i'll be worried in a month if they look like this still

yeah and in a month people will say "I'll be worried if they still look like this at the holidays" and then someone will say "they can still make a run- I'll be worried if they still look like this at the all-star break" and then it will be too late.

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:22 PM
For one Ennis has 4 assists, so he is not as horrible as you say he is. Not to mention he is a 21 year old rookie.

And the fact is you are saying Myers has no talent.

I assume you think they should let him walk next year when is a FA?

well either he has talent, or the Sabres will keep him next year.

We let talent walk and pay guys who don't have it.

So take your pick.

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2010, 10:25 PM
yeah and in a month people will say "I'll be worried if they still look like this at the holidays" and then someone will say "they can still make a run- I'll be worried if they still look like this at the all-star break" and then it will be too late.
Isn't this what you said last year when you made your they will miss the playoffs and lose the NorthEast lead promise?

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2010, 10:25 PM
well either he has talent, or the Sabres will keep him next year.

We let talent walk and pay guys who don't have it.

So take your pick.
Like Roy and Miller?

I am confused here.

DrGraves
10-15-2010, 10:33 PM
The way I see it, there are 3 classes of players on this team...

Players who actually contribute:

Miller, Roy, Kaleta, Myers, Ennis

Average, don't do anything to make us better on a nightly basis:

Grier, Rivet, Leopold, Gaustad, Montador, Vanek

Players who are dragging this team down:
(AKA players who suck 8=====D )

Stafford, Pominville, Connolly, Gerbe, Butler, Sekera, Lalime, McCormick, Hecht, Niedermayer

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Like Roy and Miller?

I am confused here.

Paid Pominville and Vanek. Let Drury and Briere walk. At best they're 33%.

Mski
10-15-2010, 10:35 PM
The team in general has played like garbage so far this season. luckily it is early in the season and tey can turn things around... the goal tonight by Roy might even be the thing that does it... they ent from 119 mintues without scoring a goal, and virtually NO offensive pressure. after his goal we seemed to have played most of the remainder of the game in the offensive zone ( it didnt turn into a goal, but its an inprovement)

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:35 PM
The way I see it, there are 3 classes of players on this team...

Players who actually contribute:

Miller, Roy, Kaleta, Myers, Ennis

Average, don't do anything to make us better on a nightly basis:

Grier, Rivet, Leopold, Gaustad, Montador, Vanek

Players who are dragging this team down:
(AKA players who suck 8=====D )

Stafford, Pominville, Connolly, Gerbe, Butler, Sekera, Lalime, McCormick, Hecht, Niedermayer

Disagree on Hecht and Ennis, maybe I'd bump Gaustad up, but I agree with the general premise.

Mski
10-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Paid Pominville and Vanek. Let Drury and Briere walk. At best they're 33%. and how many games have those two played combined since leaving buffalo..... 60?

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:37 PM
The team in general has played like garbage so far this season. luckily it is early in the season and tey can turn things around... the goal tonight by Roy might even be the thing that does it... they ent from 119 mintues without scoring a goal, and virtually NO offensive pressure. after his goal we seemed to have played most of the remainder of the game in the offensive zone ( it didnt turn into a goal, but its an inprovement)

The problem is that for the last 3 years, this team has struggled with inconsistent top scoring, the PP, generally being soft, and not playing complete games.

I don't know why anyone expects them to turn it around when we are seeing continuations of long term trends.

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:38 PM
and how many games have those two played combined since leaving buffalo..... 60?

letting players walk is only half the battle. Replacing them with someone equal or better is the other half. But the Sabres (and the Bills for that matter) forget that. If someone leaves, everyone else just takes one step up the ladder.

Mski
10-15-2010, 10:40 PM
The problem is that for the last 3 years, this team has struggled with inconsistent top scoring, the PP, generally being soft, and not playing complete games.

I don't know why anyone expects them to turn it around when we are seeing continuations of long term trends.i agree with the first part, but this is a new season... whats the point of being a fan, if you're ready to throw in the towel after 5 games into a 82 game season?

chubluv
10-15-2010, 10:42 PM
At some point Lindy and the coaches need to take the hand cuffs off and let them play and open it up a little. They are so worried about getting back and playing defense that they forget one major object of the game is to score goals.

OpIv37
10-15-2010, 10:44 PM
i agree with the first part, but this is a new season... whats the point of being a fan, if you're ready to throw in the towel after 5 games into a 82 game season?

there is no point to being a fan in general. You root for a team for some abstract reason- usually because they either play close to where you live or because your parents liked them- and you get highs and lows based on how they play despite the fact that it's completely outside your personal control.

Look, I'm as guilty as anyone. I live out of market so I pay $300 a year just to watch the Bills on TV, I get access to Sabres games any way I can (CI preview, VS, NHLN, bootleg internet feeds, XM/streaming radio, etc), and if I actually want any merch from these teams, I have to order online and pay for shipping. And I'm sitting in my basement right now with a decor that consists of about 75% Bills memorabilia, 15% ND memorabilia and 10% Sabres memorabilia. But there is no point and nothing rational whatsoever about being a fan.

Mski
10-15-2010, 10:48 PM
well Op, at least we have three things in common that let us down year after year

SabreEleven
10-15-2010, 11:25 PM
At some point Lindy and the coaches need to take the hand cuffs off and let them play and open it up a little. They are so worried about getting back and playing defense that they forget one major object of the game is to score goals.

NEVER going to happen.

jamze132
10-16-2010, 01:18 AM
I am pretty unimpressed thus far. Hopefully its just a horrible start and not the norm for the rest of the season.

chernobylwraiths
10-16-2010, 05:32 AM
I call bull**** on this. He'll take a hit in front of the net but he doesn't work his way back on D.

I call bull**** on this. So, he sucks because he isn't good defensively? It's fine that he takes a beating in front of the net, but that doesn't mean that he cares?

Please, PLEASE stop watching sports! Take up knitting or something.

SkateZilla
10-16-2010, 06:54 AM
To quote the NHL Network:

"Can anyone besides Roy find the back of the net?, Paging Tim Connolly, Paging Thomas Vanek"

OpIv37
10-16-2010, 08:58 AM
I call bull**** on this. So, he sucks because he isn't good defensively? It's fine that he takes a beating in front of the net, but that doesn't mean that he cares?

Please, PLEASE stop watching sports! Take up knitting or something.
This is the Biggest load of bull**** yet. He gets hit in front of the net but doesn't score or play D, and he makes $6.5 million a year. If you are going to defend that, then you deserve the piss-poor product you see on the ice.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Yes. I get it. We've played 5 games and we've played poorly.

So the comical overreaction has begun in earnest, with the typical name calling of players and the implication that if we fans are not ready to virulenly trash the entire team, we are idiots.

The most amusing notion is that only Roy and Miller have any talent.

I've been totally exasperated watching them this first week, but there is no reason to think they won't turn things around, and no need make ridiculous statements.

OpIv37
10-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Yes. I get it. We've played 5 games and we've played poorly.

So the comical overreaction has begun in earnest, with the typical name calling of players and the implication that if we fans are not ready to virulenly trash the entire team, we are idiots.

The most amusing notion is that only Roy and Miller have any talent.

I've been totally exasperated watching them this first week, but there is no reason to think they won't turn things around, and no need make ridiculous statements.
This couldnt be more wrong. There isn't an overreaction. There is an under-reaction by people like you who put their head in the sand and pretend that it's only 5 games. What you are seeing are exaggerated versions of the problems that have plagued this team for 3+ years without ever being addressed by management. There is EVERY reason to think they can't turn it around because theyve proven time and time again that they can't overcome these obstacles.

Eventually, you will stop being optimistic solely for the same of being optimistic and instead base your thoughts on the reality at hand. But I'm not holding my breath.

chernobylwraiths
10-16-2010, 09:36 AM
This is the Biggest load of bull**** yet. He gets hit in front of the net but doesn't score or play D, and he makes $6.5 million a year. If you are going to defend that, then you deserve the piss-poor product you see on the ice.

Just waiting for the 6.5 million excuse.

All I'm saying is he is trying. People who don't try don't put their body to that kind of abuse game in and game out. He will get his goals, but most of his goals come on deflections that have to come near the net. He needs a playmaker to make plays and get him the puck where he scores. I didn't say I liked the fact that he hasn't scored, but I can see he is trying and taking punishment for it. There are plenty of players that aren't taking any kind of punishment or trying that hard.

It's a slump. They will undoubtedly go into more than just one. This one just happens to be early in the season. I would love nothing better than to get rid of some of the coasters on this team, even Vanek if a good player came around, but I think this team has some talent that can offset those that coast. I think they will be a playoff team. I don't see some of the stuff that you see when I watch a game.

chernobylwraiths
10-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I think Roy's trade value is at its highest. I would love nothing better than to trade him for more of a leader type player.

Philagape
10-16-2010, 09:37 AM
there is no reason to think they won't turn things around, and no need make ridiculous statements.

Besides the fact that they haven't for the past three years?

How comic was the overreaction last year?
And the year before that?
And the year before that?

Can't use the "new regime" excuse like the Bills can. I wish they could.

Nighthawk
10-16-2010, 10:13 AM
This organization needs to rid itself of some of these players and I'm starting to think it may be time to rid itself of Ruff. I'm tired of hearing about the system...the ****ing system is not that good, never has been. If it ain't working...then fix it coach! It just gets so frustrating...

SabreEleven
10-16-2010, 11:45 AM
This organization needs to rid itself of some of these players and I'm starting to think it may be time to rid itself of Ruff. I'm tired of hearing about the system...the ****ing system is not that good, never has been. If it ain't working...then fix it coach! It just gets so frustrating...

Agreed. Ruff doesn't have the players to play his system. They don't match. Ruff needs to go or the players do but Regier and Quinn are in love with both.

OpIv37
10-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Just waiting for the 6.5 million excuse.

All I'm saying is he is trying. People who don't try don't put their body to that kind of abuse game in and game out. He will get his goals, but most of his goals come on deflections that have to come near the net. He needs a playmaker to make plays and get him the puck where he scores. I didn't say I liked the fact that he hasn't scored, but I can see he is trying and taking punishment for it. There are plenty of players that aren't taking any kind of punishment or trying that hard.

It's a slump. They will undoubtedly go into more than just one. This one just happens to be early in the season. I would love nothing better than to get rid of some of the coasters on this team, even Vanek if a good player came around, but I think this team has some talent that can offset those that coast. I think they will be a playoff team. I don't see some of the stuff that you see when I watch a game.
No one else in the world makes $6.5m for trying. Everyone else needs to show results, even those of us who make a small fraction of that amount.

And the NHL isn't Tee Ball. They don't give out trophies for effort. I'm sick and tired of giving the Sabres (and the Bills, for that matter) credit for effort. It's time for results.

Philagape
10-16-2010, 12:30 PM
No one else in the world makes $6.5m for trying.

Chris Kelsay

chernobylwraiths
10-16-2010, 01:53 PM
No one else in the world makes $6.5m for trying. Everyone else needs to show results, even those of us who make a small fraction of that amount.

And the NHL isn't Tee Ball. They don't give out trophies for effort. I'm sick and tired of giving the Sabres (and the Bills, for that matter) credit for effort. It's time for results.

It's five games in and what is he supposed to have? What is 6.5 million worth in 5 games? If the effort is there, the goals will come. But he needs help. He has NEVER been able to score on his own. That is not his talent. Hopefully he gets that help.

By the way, there were tons of people in the corporate sector making millions for losing money.

OpIv37
10-16-2010, 10:22 PM
It's five games in and what is he supposed to have? What is 6.5 million worth in 5 games? If the effort is there, the goals will come. But he needs help. He has NEVER been able to score on his own. That is not his talent. Hopefully he gets that help.

By the way, there were tons of people in the corporate sector making millions for losing money.

What's it worth in 5 games (6 now)? MORE THAN ZERO.

How's that for starters? If he's a "40 goal scorer" as the tag line usually goes, he should be averaging just under 1 goal every 2 games, which would put him north of 2 by now.

If he can't score on his own, WHY THE **** ARE WE PAYING HIM $6.5 MILLION A YEAR? that's completely illogical.

And did you see the 3 on 1 where he botched the pass? It's bad enough that he fails on his own- now he's taking Roy and Stafford down with him.

chernobylwraiths
10-16-2010, 10:24 PM
What's it worth in 5 games (6 now)? MORE THAN ZERO.

How's that for starters? If he's a "40 goal scorer" as the tag line usually goes, he should be averaging just under 1 goal every 2 games, which would put him north of 2 by now.

If he can't score on his own, WHY THE **** ARE WE PAYING HIM $6.5 MILLION A YEAR? that's completely illogical.

And did you see the 3 on 1 where he botched the pass? It's bad enough that he fails on his own- now he's taking Roy and Stafford down with him.

I think you are just bad luck. Start rooting for Ottawa and Miami.

G Wolly
10-16-2010, 10:31 PM
So far Myers doesn't look so great.

OpIv37
10-16-2010, 10:35 PM
I think you are just bad luck. Start rooting for Ottawa and Miami.

It's possible, or it could be that the Bills and Sabres just have piss poor ownership and management. Both were mediocre long before I came around.

G Wolly
10-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Lindy's a great guy.

But if we don't do anything this season, again.

He's gotta go.

Nighthawk
10-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Ruff needs to go...it's very obvious this team does not respond to him anymore.

G Wolly
10-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Talk of canning Ruff and Regier should be more frequent than canning Nailey and Gix.

Although I know we've all called for it already. Just saying.

13 years over 5 weeks is a more understandable anger with the coaching.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Ruff and Regier should have been shown the door years ago.

They need some new blood to get them over the hump and attain the ultimate goal; a championship.

JD
10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
I really don't think its a talent issue, its a heart issue. Is it possible to send everyone down to Portland and bring everyone up from Portland? Or at least half the team.. to send a message?

G Wolly
10-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Well, based on past experiences, all we'd have to do is wait until April/May when everyone gets injured.

Then we get the minor leaguers up here

SkateZilla
10-18-2010, 11:01 AM
At this rate the Bills might catch up with the Sabres in Wins.....

elltrain22
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM

Really?

My God.

Myers has no talent.

That's a new one.

Great post!!