PDA

View Full Version : Could Ralph be waiting for...

BidsJr
10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
1/1/2011 before he thinks about selling the team? If the estate tax kicks back in it makes way more sense to consider unloading it so his family doesn't bear the tax burden.

Maybe after the year passes, we will hear more rumblings about Ralpie selling.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2010, 12:00 AM
With the way Obama's taxes are you might be on to something.

don137
10-16-2010, 07:50 AM
No way he sells the team before dies. If he sells the team he has to pay taxes on the capital gain. That will be a few hundred million. Then when he dies his estate will be taxed again om the remaining amount. Selling the team before he dies would result in the same money be taxed twice and cost his estate much more than if he waited to sell the team until after he dies.

Ed
10-16-2010, 10:06 AM
What if he just sold part of the team to let's say Jim Kelly's group, so he was still majority owner, and then the remainder of the team be sold to the other owners upon Ralph's death?

I like that idea. Having a transition period.

Stewie
10-16-2010, 10:11 AM
an outright sell would be problematic.. however, if he wanted to get creative, he might be able to work out an agreement to sell, where no money changes hands, but some parameters are set in place

YardRat
10-16-2010, 11:35 AM
As I've said before, I'm sure Ralph knows all of the financial details and will make the deal when it is most beneficial.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2010, 11:57 AM
if the NFL were the Dukes of Hazzard, Ralph Wilson would be Boss Hogg.

X-Era
10-16-2010, 11:59 AM
if the NFL were the Dukes of Hazzard, Rex Ryan would be Boss Hogg.Fixed it for ya. :biggrin:

SABURZFAN
10-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Fixed it for ya. :biggrin:

bad fix. :down:

Ryan is a straight up guy. Wilson is a swindling, underhanded low life who thinks about nothing but money.

Saratoga Slim
10-16-2010, 12:40 PM
No way he sells the team before dies. If he sells the team he has to pay taxes on the capital gain. That will be a few hundred million. Then when he dies his estate will be taxed again om the remaining amount. Selling the team before he dies would result in the same money be taxed twice and cost his estate much more than if he waited to sell the team until after he dies.

Plus, if he's going to sell before death, he'd probably want to sell now, before the capital gains tax jumps from 15% to 20% on 1/1/11.

Novacane
10-16-2010, 12:44 PM
He could save his estate the whole tax problem if he'd die before the end of the year.

billz83
10-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Ralph is as cheap as they come however he saves money even after his death is the route he will take regardless of the state of the bills..he could care less about winning and hes proven that over the past decade!

Michael82
10-18-2010, 02:07 AM
I still think that the plan is for Ralph to give the Buffalo Bills to his wife when he passes. She would then work out a deal with Jim Kelly's group.

ddaryl
10-18-2010, 07:36 AM
With the way Obama's taxes are you might be on to something.

Oh please do explain this to me.. Please explain to me all the taxes Obama has created in less then 2 years.

RoscoeMagic
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Oh please do explain this to me.. Please explain to me all the taxes Obama has created in less then 2 years.

:roflmao:

I was just joking man :peace:

ddaryl
10-18-2010, 02:16 PM
:roflmao:

I was just joking man :peace:

you just don't know anymore. There are so many grossly misinformed, or agenda based opinions from people I don't know who has their wits and who's just a knucklehead anymore....

RoscoeMagic
10-18-2010, 04:00 PM
you just don't know anymore. There are so many grossly misinformed, or agenda based opinions from people I don't know who has their wits and who's just a knucklehead anymore....

Consider me as having my wits and a knucklehead at the same time :pimped:

trapezeus
10-18-2010, 04:20 PM
the truth though is that obama's taxes would effect a transaction of this size.

and truthfully, it probably is better to tax this entertainment transaction than it is to cut elderly medical benefits, school funding, and/or infrascture projects.

but we all want the bills to stay in buffalo and ralph holds all the cards.

Typ0
10-18-2010, 04:37 PM
he has said in the past that it will sell to the highest bidder upon his death.