PDA

View Full Version : 0-16 grounds for termination for Gailey?

BuffaloBlitz83
10-15-2010, 11:00 PM
If that happens. It has to be. The 3-4 switch was his call. And that is one of main reasons we suck so bad. Even with this crappy OL and crappy QB we were at least a 4-5 win team. 0-16 should mean you're fired. And it screams he is not able to handle this job.

mrbojanglezs
10-15-2010, 11:09 PM
no chance with ralph admitting that its a 3 year rebuilding project.

bottom line, everyone knows this team is terrible, ralph will give him his chance to build a team

BuffaloBlitz83
10-15-2010, 11:25 PM
even at 0-16!

RoscoeMagic
10-15-2010, 11:56 PM
even at 0-16!
Honestly what's the difference between 0-16 and 2-14? Both atrocious. Gailey gets one more year from me, if we don't show serious improvement I send him with Oscar to the trash can. Three years is too long.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Honestly what's the difference between 0-16 and 2-14? Both atrocious. Gailey gets one more year from me, if we don't show serious improvement I send him with Oscar to the trash can. Three years is too long.

Jauron and Fewell got this team to 6 Wins a year prior

jamze132
10-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Sorry but No. As anyone seen the level of talent Gailey is having to work with? You do realize that both the O and D are playing different schemes, right? And I won't even mention that hardly anyone on the D is suited for a 3-4. Oops.

G Wolly
10-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Jauron and Fewell got this team to 6 Wins a year prior

So what?

It's either playoffs or no playoffs.

0-16 isn't the end of Gailey this season.

thejosh213
10-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Wow. Really outside the box thinking here. There really is nothing to talk about this season.

Billz_fan
10-16-2010, 07:02 AM
I doubt he would get fired. they could just leave an old newspaper on Ralph's desk at the end of the year that says 7-9 on it from one of Dick's campaigns and he wont know the difference :D

That being said Gailey is looking pretty sickly after some of these losses and mad at the others. If they go 0-16 he may just bail and go fishing.

Commissioner
10-16-2010, 07:10 AM
No.... he gets at least 3 years no matter what in my book.

0-16 is all apart of the plan in my book. Get a franchise QB next year and build around him.

ddaryl
10-16-2010, 07:43 AM
0-16 is the goal... I doubt we fire a coach who achieves the goal.

winning 2-3 games wouldn't make a difference in my book.

**** canning Edwards was a posiitve move. They tried it failed they bailed early instead of pretending.

Bottom line is Gailey will get 2-3 years minimum regardless of outcome.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Zero chance Chan Gailey is not the coach next year. As a matter of fact, I fully believe if they go 0-16 next year too, he won't be fired.

Novacane
10-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Zero chance Chan Gailey is not the coach next year. As a matter of fact, I fully believe if they go 0-16 next year too, he won't be fired.

He could go 0-32 and keep his job? Yeah right! I don't care how little talent he has.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2010, 08:14 AM
I think that within the Bills organization, this is the year for Nix and Gailey to install new systems, evaluate everyone on the roster, dump some of the players that just don't fit, evaluate the assistant coaches, and scout for the draft and free agency. Our record is not a huge issue.

I hope, however, that the FO would look for progress starting next season.

X-Era
10-16-2010, 08:35 AM
One word answer to this... no.

ChristopherWalken
10-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Unless they can somehow persuade Bill Cowher to taking the HC position and Gailey remain on as Asst. HC, then Gailey is here as HC for quite some time.

I'm as impatient as the next guy, and I know that there have been some serious rough patches with coaches in the past, but this team needs some consistency. It's hard to implement a plan when the plan changes yearly.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes. Toss him and Nix to the curb if we go 0-16. Nix deserves most of the blame as he is the one who ignored filling our biggest needs this past offseason - OL and QB. What a dunce.

Ed
10-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Firing someone for going 0-16 is certainly justifiable, but it wouldn't happen for the simple fact that Ralph still has to pay for Jauron. He's not going to fire Gailey after one season and pay three HC's salaries at the same time, especially with a potential lockout looming.

Cntrygal
10-16-2010, 10:30 AM
No.

TrEd FTW
10-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Nobody is going anywhere, like it or not.

BillyT92679
10-16-2010, 10:55 AM
This team is atrocious... why would Gailey and Nix be held accountable for years and years and years of rot?
This team needs to be gutted and rebuilt. Why toss him out when it looks like he is trying to eviscerate the germs out of this gaping wound?

To me this is the old "it's all coaching" argument... when DJ was the coach it was we have to get rid of him because he's holding these thoroughbreds back, now that Gailey's the coach we're pining for 6-10... we want to be good, not just deadeningly mediocre

Tbuffalobills
10-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Who Cares.....Call me when the Draft Starts....

SABURZFAN
10-16-2010, 11:19 AM
If that happens. It has to be. The 3-4 switch was his call. And that is one of main reasons we suck so bad. Even with this crappy OL and crappy QB we were at least a 4-5 win team. 0-16 should mean you're fired. And it screams he is not able to handle this job.

it's not Gailey's fault that he was given a horrible team to coach. if anything, the owner needs to be fired.

imbondz
10-16-2010, 12:21 PM
any coach that goes 0-16 in the NFL, automatic firing, unless you're an expansion team in it's 1st year.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Yes. Toss him and Nix to the curb if we go 0-16. Nix deserves most of the blame as he is the one who ignored filling our biggest needs this past offseason - OL and QB. What a dunce.

did nix rape you or something? what's the deal with the hatred towards him. get a life

BillyT92679
10-16-2010, 01:12 PM
any coach that goes 0-16 in the NFL, automatic firing, unless you're an expansion team in it's 1st year.
With this roster the Bills are essentially an expansion team

The Bills won't go 0-16... they'll knock off a team like Detroit

Bangarang
10-16-2010, 02:25 PM
If we had the talent to be a competitive football team every week, then yes. But the reality is that this team doesn't have a ton of talent and Nix & co. are trying to get rid of the dead weight and rebuild this team from the bottom up. So no, I don't think anyone should be fired if we do go 0-16.

Extremebillsfan247
10-16-2010, 08:48 PM
If that happens. It has to be. The 3-4 switch was his call. And that is one of main reasons we suck so bad. Even with this crappy OL and crappy QB we were at least a 4-5 win team. 0-16 should mean you're fired. And it screams he is not able to handle this job. Well if it were up to me, I'd make him fire DC Edwards. But it's not grounds for termination even at 0-16. He isn't getting fired no matter what happens this season and he already knows that.

thejosh213
10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Does anyone else understand rome wasn't built in a day?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-16-2010, 09:20 PM
did nix rape you or something? what's the deal with the hatred towards him. get a life

Pound sand guy. Nix has done nothing to help this team win. He mishandled the offseason by ignoring our biggest gaping holes - QB and OL. Gailey thought he could "fix" Edwards which was dumb. Now we have a great shot at going 0-16. Nix hasn't raped me pal, but a compelling case can be made he is raping our team. Keep drinking the coolaid kid. :mybills:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-16-2010, 09:22 PM

Sounds like your willing to give Gailey/Nix all the time in the world to fix this trainwreck. If they showed us some sort of flashes of improvement you may get some more folks to join your merry band. However we are 0-5 and look worse this season then we have in the past 10 years. So pardon us if we ain't buying what your peddling here. :hand:

deviantwolf
10-16-2010, 10:22 PM
This thread and all the others around here make me laugh. I don't post a lot but I read these boards all the time.

I remember all summer posters on this board begging us to go 0 - 16 so we could get a top draft pick. And now that we are we are *****ing about it.

Everyone has *****ed for years about being middle of the pack with middle of the pack draft picks. I remember last year after losing all those games in the beginning people begging to go 0 - 16 to get a top draft pick and now that we are actually on pace for it people are *****ing and wanting heads?

Seriously if you want to get better you need a top draft pick. It's what we are headed for. Get a grip and accept it. Gaily aint going anywhere. This is what the team needs and the FO knows it. They need a top pick, this is a throw away year to get players used to the system that will be sticking around. Figuring out who to get rid of and get a top pick.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2010, 10:54 PM
So if 0-16 this year isn't enough to fire him...when is it enough to fire him?

1-6 to start next year?

Or maybe if we have 3-4 wins over the period of two years with him at the helm?

I'm curious how much rope some people think he has before he hangs himself, basically.

G Wolly
10-16-2010, 11:03 PM

Yea. Scrapping them for a new coach and GM wouldn't set us back more.

So instead of addressing out "biggest needs" we'd be more busy trying to find someone to take the job(s).

BuffaloBlitz83
10-17-2010, 02:47 AM
This was a brutal hireeeeeeeeee. who the **** is chan gailey!

Novacane
10-17-2010, 07:13 AM
. Why toss him out when it looks like he is trying to eviscerate the germs out of this gaping wound?

Yet they extend one of the biggest "germs" of the past few years. If that's the eye Nix has for talent he is not going to be successful rebuilding the Bills.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-17-2010, 08:20 AM
He could go 0-32 and keep his job? Yeah right! I don't care how little talent he has.

We are talking about the Bills here aren't we?

Novacane
10-17-2010, 08:24 AM

Rome was not being built by incompetent boobs.

Novacane
10-17-2010, 08:25 AM
We are talking about the Bills here aren't we?

True :ill:

X-Era
10-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Rome was not being built by incompetent boobs.Breasts can do construction? Who knew?

Albany,n.y.
10-17-2010, 10:32 AM
It would depend on 2 things.
1) Did Gailey lose the team & coach poorly going 0-16, or was it just the talent & Gailey had them motivated throughout? If he becomes Hank Bullough, and players want him fired, then he's got to go. If he's coaching similar to Jimmy Johnson's 1st year in Dallas or Chuck Noll's 1st year in Pittsburgh, he stays.
2) Is there a potential coach who is available & willing to coach here who would be seen as an improvement? If Bill Cowher didn't come here last year due to his wife's terminal illness, and he would come here in 2011, Gailey goes. Same thing if Harbaugh didn't come here because he saw no QB, but now gets to come with Luck, I'd fire Gailey in a second if it would mean the difference between getting Luck & Harbaugh as a package deal.

EDS
10-17-2010, 11:23 AM
I think Nix needs to go before Gailey and I am pretty certain a new GM will want to pick his own coach.

G Wolly
10-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Breasts can do construction? Who knew?

Well, I'm speaking for myself personally, but they do tend to create erections.

ublinkwescore
10-17-2010, 09:02 PM
I think that within the Bills organization, this is the year for Nix and Gailey to install new systems, evaluate everyone on the roster, dump some of the players that just don't fit, evaluate the assistant coaches, and scout for the draft and free agency. Our record is not a huge issue.

good post, we should also keep our eyes open for individual progress as well - if someone is showing the light bulb is coming on and that they can at least be serviceable, it will allow us to focus on more glaring needs.

that being said, I disagree with the 0-32 statement - because 0-32 will very easily (best case scenario) turn to something like 2-46 - time to move on at that point.

billz83
10-18-2010, 12:40 AM

Most of us were expecting him to dump the players that didnt fit and to upgrade this team THIS YEAR..instead they chose to go into the season to evaluate this "talent" and realize there is no talent there..most of the fans could have told them that..they coulda tried fixing the oline or dline at least that would have been some PROGRESS..their idea of progress is signing cornell green and extending a scrub like kelsay..thas the problem...

Nublar7
10-18-2010, 11:06 AM
There is no way you can keep a coach that goes 0-16. There is absolutely no way you can realistically defend keeping the head coach around. The Dolphins hired Cam Cameron to run the team in 2007 and they never would have thought that he wouldn't last more than one season. He went 1-15 and there was really no way they could keep him.

1-15 is bad, but forgettable since it has happened multiple times before, but 0-16 is historic and will live forever. Gailey will be fired if/when the Bills go 0-16.

RoscoeMagic
10-18-2010, 11:50 AM
There is no way you can keep a coach that goes 0-16. There is absolutely no way you can realistically defend keeping the head coach around. The Dolphins hired Cam Cameron to run the team in 2007 and they never would have thought that he wouldn't last more than one season. He went 1-15 and there was really no way they could keep him.

1-15 is bad, but forgettable since it has happened multiple times before, but 0-16 is historic and will live forever. Gailey will be fired if/when the Bills go 0-16.

I think you're giving Buddy Nix and Ralph too much credit on this one.

DraftBoy
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I cant disagree or find any reason to keep a 0-16 coach. If he goes 0-16 he absolutely has to be fired.

Bill Cody
10-18-2010, 03:25 PM
I cant disagree or find any reason to keep a 0-16 coach. If he goes 0-16 he absolutely has to be fired.

Not fired paid a bonus. Next April we get the pick of the litter and find a QB. The last thing we need right now is to win 3 games and end up drafting Maybin's cousin or something.

justasportsfan
10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
only way he loses his job is if his players lose trust in him and rebel. Just like what happened to Cam Cameron

Bill Cody
10-18-2010, 03:39 PM
only way he loses his job is if his players lose trust in him and rebel. Just like what happened to Cam Cameron

Where will most of our guys rebel to? The arena league? At least the fins were in most of those games when they went 1-15. We are much worse then they were. But my feeling is STFW? Are we any worse than the Lions a couple years ago? I don't think so. You need a few key pieces, QB being the biggest, and then you can pull it together fairly quickly. The Lions are not the laughingstock they were.

Typ0
10-18-2010, 04:49 PM
we won't go 0 fer but no team that does should keep the coach around. That is bad coaching in the NFL. You can lose a lot of your games due to talent but no way lose them all. Keeping that guy would be really funny...but then again I thought the hire was funny to begin with.

Extremebillsfan247
10-18-2010, 07:47 PM
So if 0-16 this year isn't enough to fire him...when is it enough to fire him?

1-6 to start next year?

Or maybe if we have 3-4 wins over the period of two years with him at the helm?

I'm curious how much rope some people think he has before he hangs himself, basically. Losing in a first season with a team this bad is understandable at least to most people. A second season of consistent losing would be grounds for termination because improvement on some level is then expected and not hoped for. JMO

Demon
10-18-2010, 07:50 PM

We are the Buffalo Bills and we are going to prove the world wrong.

justasportsfan
10-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Where will most of our guys rebel to? .
they would publicly blast the Gailey. Thats what happened in Miami. The player lost respect for Cam CAmeron.

Extremebillsfan247
10-18-2010, 08:07 PM
they would publicly blast the Gailey. Thats what happened in Miami. The player lost respect for Cam CAmeron.So who do we replace Gailey with? Cam Cameron? we already know Bill Cowher isn't coaching here. They will just replace Gailey with a guy that isn't much better, then what? One would figure you all would learn by now after watching what happened after Jauron was fired. Don't forget who owns this team. lol

billz83
10-19-2010, 12:45 AM
So who do we replace Gailey with? Cam Cameron? we already know Bill Cowher isn't coaching here. They will just replace Gailey with a guy that isn't much better, then what? One would figure you all would learn by now after watching what happened after Jauron was fired. Don't forget who owns this team. lol

Everyone has their price and unfortunately wilson is too cheap to get REAL coaches..when the new ownership comes thru we will then hopefully get a REAL coach and sum direction so good players will want to come here..until then hope wilson sells sooner then later!

justasportsfan
10-19-2010, 10:47 AM
So who do we replace Gailey with? Cam Cameron? we already know Bill Cowher isn't coaching here. They will just replace Gailey with a guy that isn't much better, then what? One would figure you all would learn by now after watching what happened after Jauron was fired. Don't forget who owns this team. lol

HUh? I wasnt talking about replacing Gailey. Simply stating what situation would Gailey be fired and my opinion is if he lost the team like Cam did.

Extremebillsfan247
10-19-2010, 01:02 PM
HUh? I wasnt talking about replacing Gailey. Simply stating what situation would Gailey be fired and my opinion is if he lost the team like Cam did. O.K. understood.

Extremebillsfan247
10-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Everyone has their price and unfortunately wilson is too cheap to get REAL coaches..when the new ownership comes thru we will then hopefully get a REAL coach and sum direction so good players will want to come here..until then hope wilson sells sooner then later! That could still be a few years out. lol What if Wilson is one of those individuals that lives into his 100s? it can happen.

billz83
10-20-2010, 02:42 AM
That could still be a few years out. lol What if Wilson is one of those individuals that lives into his 100s? it can happen.

hahaha being a billz fan i wouldnt doubt it! Goes into the guiness book of world record and ****..bills fans world wide would feel the misery! it would be another decade of lies and broken promises!

Bill Cody
10-20-2010, 01:46 PM
That could still be a few years out. lol What if Wilson is one of those individuals that lives into his 100s? it can happen.

If we could only make him come to the games he'd never make 100

Extremebillsfan247
10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
If we could only make him come to the games he'd never make 100 I could be wrong here, but I think that is where Fox writers got the idea for Burns on the Simpsons, it was Ralph. lol joking of course.

G Wolly
10-20-2010, 08:49 PM
hahaha being a billz fan i wouldnt doubt it! Goes into the guiness book of world record and ****..bills fans world wide would feel the misery! it would be another decade of lies and broken promises!

I'm trying not to be a dick about your post language anymore, but how do you spell Bills with a "Z" and then an "S" in the same post?

:sorry:

billz83
10-21-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm trying not to be a dick about your post language anymore, but how do you spell Bills with a "Z" and then an "S" in the same post?

itz actually easy..sux ur having problems comprehendin such minor thingz..

Billz_fan
10-21-2010, 03:55 AM

Don't be messin with the Z Wolly :D

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-21-2010, 09:10 AM

Right on brother.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Yea. Scrapping them for a new coach and GM wouldn't set us back more.

So instead of addressing out "biggest needs" we'd be more busy trying to find someone to take the job(s).
:lolabove:
The approach of the homer contingent around here is to "do nothing" out of fear that it will set us back further. This despite the fact that we have over ten years of misery under our belts.

When it comes to the incompetent Nix/Gailey, I'm reminded of the defintion of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again with the expectation of a different end result.

Let's pull our heads out of the sand people.

http://photovalet.com/data/comps/PCF/PCFV01P13_04.jpg