PDA

View Full Version : So why does Gailey get a free pass for switching to 3-4 when

BuffaloBlitz83
10-16-2010, 03:55 PM
4-3 was our better strengths. You could have switched off cover 2 and went with a 4-3 with our DL and LB better suited towards it. We lost our best pass rusher in schobel due to the move.

Gailey switched to 3-4 only cause Others are succeedin so Why not Us thinkin. There are plenty of successful 4-3 defenses. Don't switch to a 3-4 until you have enough guys ready for move.

As bad as this offense is... the biggest weakness on this team is the DEFENSE and Coaching

bf1
10-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Good questio. Who's giving him a pass though?

Raptor
10-16-2010, 04:40 PM
giving him a pass? haha... more like why do all the fans who begged to switch to a 3-4 get a free pass? Do a thread search on that

EDS
10-16-2010, 05:19 PM
giving him a pass? haha... more like why do all the fans who begged to switch to a 3-4 get a free pass? Do a thread search on that

While I understand the sentiment, I think it is fair to hold a guy who is paid seven figures to coach a professional football team to a higher standard that a bunch of fans.

SquishDaFish
10-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Changes needed to be made. They are being made and we will be better off in the long run.

X-Era
10-16-2010, 05:58 PM
4-3 was our better strengths. You could have switched off cover 2 and went with a 4-3 with our DL and LB better suited towards it. We lost our best pass rusher in schobel due to the move.

Gailey switched to 3-4 only cause Others are succeedin so Why not Us thinkin. There are plenty of successful 4-3 defenses. Don't switch to a 3-4 until you have enough guys ready for move.

As bad as this offense is... the biggest weakness on this team is the DEFENSE and CoachingIm giving him a pass. I was sick of watching our 4-3 D get torched on the ground and in the seem. When run correctly, the 3-4 is a superior defense IMO. That was the right move.

And do you thin our results would have been any different if we ran the 4-3 this year instead? Hell no.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Im giving him a pass. I was sick of watching our 4-3 D get torched on the ground and in the seem. When run correctly, the 3-4 is a superior defense IMO. That was the right move.

And do you thin our results would have been any different if we ran the 4-3 this year instead? Hell no.

Yes.

We saw what the defense did in previous years. Outside of losing Schoebel there were no major changes. Hell, maybe he doesn't leave if we don't change scheme, who knows?

But there is no way, no how, no chance we'd be on pace to give up 511 points if we were still running the Tampa 2.

X-Era
10-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes.

We saw what the defense did in previous years. Outside of losing Schoebel there were no major changes. Hell, maybe he doesn't leave if we don't change scheme, who knows?

But there is no way, no how, no chance we'd be on pace to give up 511 points if we were still running the Tampa 2.By results, I meant wins and losses. We would be in the same place as far as that goes IMO.

It will take time to adjust, get the right personnel, and play this new defense the right way. When we do, we will be way better than the best we ever played in the Tampa 2, IMO.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2010, 06:24 PM
By results, I meant wins and losses. We would be in the same place as far as that goes IMO.

It will take time to adjust, get the right personnel, and play this new defense the right way. When we do, we will be way better than the best we ever played in the Tampa 2, IMO.

Wins and losses?

You can't say that.

With the Tampa 2 we wouldn't be giving up 30+ every game.

Under Jauron we win in week 1 because he doesn't completely abandon the running game for no reason.

And IMO Chan Gailey won't be here passed the midpoint of next season.

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Wins and losses?

You can't say that.

With the Tampa 2 we wouldn't be giving up 30+ every game.

Under Jauron we win in week 1 because he doesn't completely abandon the running game for no reason.

And IMO Chan Gailey won't be here passed the midpoint of next season.
Jauron also never throws the ball deep on 4th and 11. He would punt

DynaPaul
10-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Well guys, it doesn't matter what defense you run, if you don't have any players you're still gonna get torched every Sunday.

Ed
10-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Even the most optimistic fans here all knew that weren't going to be a playoff team, so why not make the switch now since we're rebuilding again? If the 3-4 is our future then we need to see who's a fit and who's not and let the guys that are going to continue to be a part of this team get the practice and experience they need to get better.

What's the point of trying to draft 3-4 type players if we're just going to force them to play in a 4-3?

Mr. Pink
10-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Even the most optimistic fans here all knew that weren't going to be a playoff team, so why not make the switch now since we're rebuilding again? If the 3-4 is our future then we need to see who's a fit and who's not and let the guys that are going to continue to be a part of this team get the practice and experience they need to get better.

What's the point of trying to draft 3-4 type players if we're just going to force them to play in a 4-3?

What's the point in drafting 3-4 type players if you're not gonna play them anyways?

Why is Alex Carrington even here?

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2010, 12:08 AM
some of you guys just ***** to *****. it's gay

ServoBillieves
10-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Transition players in year 1 (aka every player in the front 7 from last year) will struggle to learn new positions and techniques in the 3-4 defense.

Troup and Carrington seemed right, yet the FO doesn't want them involved to "develop" it seems. It would've been nice to see how Batten would've done from the outside this year in these scrimmages we're letting the opponents win. So far we all know Kelsay can't cover a TE like his shame, there is NO pass rush, and the secondary is made to look bad because of it.

Taking DE's and tossing them from their hand in the dirt to standing up as OLB's anticipating the pass or run rather than how to beat their lineman to the ball carrier is a big step.

Poz (and, well Mitchell when he was here) learning how to disrupt the LoS so that another LB can make the tackle was new to them (I know Poz played some 4-3 AND 3-4 in college, deal with me people...)

Poz isn't a 3-4 ILB, Maybin doesn't belong in the NFL, Ayodele and Davis have been journeymen who prove their worth, and Derek Roy is the apparently only relevant Sabre. Have I spoken the blatant truth yet or must I go on?

BuffaloBlitz83
10-17-2010, 02:31 AM
The NYG look great in the 4-3

BillsWin
10-17-2010, 02:52 AM
He gets a pass because 90% of the fans were *****ing about wanting a 3-4 even though we didn't have the personnel to make the switch.

Be careful what you wish for, but don't cry about it when you get what you want and it doesn't work out right away.

mrbojanglezs
10-17-2010, 09:11 AM
strength? no way was that defense a strength of ours, last year was awful, and the best we ever been in the tampa 2 was below mediocre, if you don't have any elite players in a system or even good players there is no reason to stick in that system

Johnny Bugmenot
10-17-2010, 01:42 PM
With the Tampa 2 we wouldn't be giving up 30+ every game. Without Schobel... yeah, they would.

ddaryl
10-17-2010, 01:52 PM

I begged for the 3-4...

and I'm still happy were going in that direction...

JCBills
10-17-2010, 06:58 PM
What's the point in drafting 3-4 type players if you're not gonna play them anyways?

Why is Alex Carrington even here?

Carrington would still fit as a 4-3 LE

billz83
10-18-2010, 12:50 AM
i think most of the people that wanted the 3-4 defense were also expecting a COMPETENT DC..edwards is realll bad..and they were probably also expecting to upgrade sum of the players on defense..Nix did nothing to help in the 3-4 switch and most of the draft picks the bills got are busts so this entire year was a totall failure.