X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

A realistic P.O.V.

How come people don't understand the concept of gutting and rebuilding this team?

That's exactly what's happening. So whether you impatient people like it or not, Gailey and Nix are gonna be here, they're gonna make moves, it's gonna take some time.

Cue the "OMG KELSAY EXTENSION" responses. Can it. I don't support it either, but let's see where it goes.

They're evaluating what pieces they can move forward with, to address the pressing needs in the future.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Just because several teams were turned around in the first year of a new coach and/or GM doesn't mean it happens every time.

Most of those teams struggled after their "miracle" season for a couple seasons anyways.

I'm not sure what most of you expected out of no-name Gailey in his first season here anyways.

Getting rid of Gailey and Nix now would set us back even further if it's even at all possible.

Although I do agree we can't wait around forever for this to happen, at least let them have a chance to **** up before we really have something to ***** about.

"We're worse now than we were with Jauron"

Fair enough. Because Gailey is also working with a whole different coaching staff from Jauron and people like George Edwards need to be shown the door, which I'm confident will happen before next season.

I believe that we'll see changes coming before next season on the roster and coaching staff. So hang in there, or please, jump on a bandwagon somewhere else.

And I'm saying this:

*without wearing my homer glasses

*without waving pom-poms

*without drinking the kool-aid

and whatever other cute phrases the little group of posters with the same mentality have overused in the past few weeks.

• Billz_fan
    • Jan 2003

Re: A realistic P.O.V.

Thing is. your like 20 years old (unless your DOB is wrong in your profile) I have been a bills fans since I was 16 or 17. Im 51 now. I mention that because when I was 20 years old I was just like you. I was patient and willing to wait for a winner. Let them do there jobs and they will bring us a great team. Just be patient.

The only thing I can tell you is that it changes after you have been beat up by ineptness for decades. Ralph has been running things this way forever less a period where he mistakenly hired someone who knew what he was doing. Other than that the cycle has repeated itself over and over here. So while I cannot fault you or get mad at you for being the way you are. Im going to tell you that yes your view is "realistic" if your 20 years old and have not had the patience beat out of you.

So while you just can't understand why we all aren't willing to wait for a few more years without being pissed at losing every weekend. Many of us can't understand your point of view anymore either. If Ralphy were to live another 40 years you would change over time also. But that wont happen so your lucky in a way. You might just escape the process that has beaten the patience out of so many of us.

The truth is, I wish I was still like you. Unfortunately it's long gone.
    Last edited by Billz_fan; 10-17-2010, 05:36 AM.
    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

I guess the OP has another decade to waste...Sorry we don't all share your sentiment.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

You are sick of people bashing Nix and Gailey. I'm sick of being lectured by a 20 year old kid about what a rebuild is. A lot of us have seen this before. I know you are at the age where you think you know everything but trust me................................you don't!

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

the Bills are what they are.. I'm 42 and I'm not going to whine about this team.

I think the 20 year old makes a valid point.. Either accept the reality or walk away for awhile.
          Last edited by ddaryl; 10-17-2010, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
            the Bills are what they are.. I'm 42 and I'm not going to whine about this team.

I think the 20 year old makes a valid point.. Either accept the reality or walk away for awhile.

Telling people to go find another team if you don't believe in Nix/Gailey is not a valid point. It's arrogant. See things my way or hit the road.

Comment

• ddaryl
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
              Telling people to go find another team if you don't believe in Nix/Gailey is not a valid point. It's arrogant. See things my way or hit the road.
              I didn't tell you go find another team. I said walk away for awhile..

But you go right ahead and be the miserable ***** you choose to be every single day knowing damn well there is not single thing you can ever do to chage it

ACCEPT.. maybe walk away for awhile.
              Last edited by ddaryl; 10-17-2010, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                • Sep 2002

Bills Fan has said it all. I emphatically support his point of view. I have had season tickets for 40+ years and I'm not a neophyte.

By the way I am strongly considering this my last. Just too tired of Ralph's BS. He thinks he can fool all the people all the time.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

I didn't expect a winning season at all but even in defeat, I hope to stay in football games and to play the young talent to prepare for the future.

We seem to be sticking with a D scheme that obviously doesn't work and has poor veteran talent in the Starting Front 7. Show them the bench and send them packing during the coming off-season, while playing the " inexperienced " kids.

We have absolutely NOTHING to lose but more games so let the possible future starters get some experience.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    I didn't tell you go find another team. I said walk away for awhile..

But you go right ahead and be the miserable ***** you choose to be every single day knowing damn well there is not single thing you can ever do to chage it

ACCEPT.. maybe walk away for awhile.

LOL. If DDAaryl does not like your opinions so you must be a miserable *****. When you have to stoop to personal attacks you've lost the argument. BTW I did not say you said to find another team. GWOlly did.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

THey're getting at least 3 years to rebuild this team. We might as well all bend over and take it in the aaaaAAAHHHHHHHHHHH...

Comment

• more cowbell
                        • Apr 2006

You are sick of people bashing Nix and Gailey. I'm sick of being lectured by a 20 year old kid about what a rebuild is. A lot of us have seen this before. I know you are at the age where you think you know everything but trust me................................you don't!

That was without a doubt the most immature post i've ever read. Way to act your age.
                        The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• EricStratton
                          • Jul 2002

LOL. If DDAaryl does not like your opinions so you must be a miserable *****. When you have to stoop to personal attacks you've lost the argument. BTW I did not say you said to find another team. GWOlly did.

You've got to admit Novacane, many of the posts in the past month sound like they are from miserable *****s.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            • Jan 2005

there was no personal attacks, just stating an obvious fact !

I don't care about your opinions.. I just think it's pretty foolish to be a daily ***** about the same thnig over and over again about a subject that you're powerless to change.

but please keep *****ing up a storm... use lots of cap locks and by all means repost it 1000 times to make sure that everyone who already knows the situation can read about the reality 1 more time.
                            Last edited by ddaryl; 10-17-2010, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

So, instead of actually talking football and how a rebuild might happen, the discussion predictably disintegrates into a b**** session.

So, are they truly gutting the team? It sure looks that way. Maybe they have a plan to bring in some veterans in FA who can change the attitude. That's what I'm seeing. They are choosing positive attitudes to keep and getting rid of the idiots on the roster. And on that thought string, I now suddenly wonder how long Maybin will be around.

Comment

Working...
                              X