PDA

View Full Version : Kolb vs Luck... Do you pull the trigger?

Thundering Buffalo
10-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Both QB's bring the same tools to the field smart, mobile, strong arm the difference is Kolb comes with miles and Luck would be the shinny new car with 0 miles. My move would be on Kolb, any QB that has been groomed by Reid is worth the chance and he has NFL experience. It also allows you to use that #1 on another impact player and if it's the #1 overall you'll get a top 5 pick and 2nd in return from a team that wants to move up for Luck. These two are damn near identical, my bet is on the one that has experience and allows me to fill other holes in the draft.

Thundering Buffalo
10-17-2010, 09:40 AM
BTW the rumor was posted on the rag ESPN insiders that Kolb may be showcased today for a trade. We also assumed that when the rumor was going around that Philly was talking to Buffalo about Lynch and they denied it, maybe the discussion was about Kolb...just a thought.

EricStratton
10-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Why would Philly, a team tied for the lead in a very winnable division, use a game to showcase a player?

Philly will put the best players on the field and try to win the game, not highlight a player. for a possible trade

Thundering Buffalo
10-17-2010, 09:57 AM
With Vick not 100% and Kolb is quite capable to winning the game they have the benefit of doing both. Kolb looked very good last week and if he tears it up against Atlanta the smoke may become fire.

X-Era
10-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Both QB's bring the same tools to the field smart, mobile, strong arm the difference is Kolb comes with miles and Luck would be the shinny new car with 0 miles. My move would be on Kolb, any QB that has been groomed by Reid is worth the chance and he has NFL experience. It also allows you to use that #1 on another impact player and if it's the #1 overall you'll get a top 5 pick and 2nd in return from a team that wants to move up for Luck. These two are damn near identical, my bet is on the one that has experience and allows me to fill other holes in the draft.I'm not a huge Kolb fan. Being better than any QB on our roster currently isn't enough for me, I want us to get or develop a QB into someone who can deliver a shot at the SB. I dont see that in Kolb.

YardRat
10-17-2010, 10:06 AM
We've already got veteran back-ups in Fitz and maybe Brohm, if we ever get to see what he can actually bring to the table for more than a single game.

I'd rather see the team spend a higher pick on a rookie and develop him, somebody Gailey and Nix can claim as their own.

Yasgur's Farm
10-17-2010, 10:12 AM
I'd swap 1st's and 2nd's with Philly or Denver for Kolb or Orton

Albany,n.y.
10-17-2010, 10:21 AM
No way would I give up the top pick in the draft for Kolb or Orton. If Buddy did this and Ralph shot him, no jury in WNY would convict. They'd rule it a justifiable shooting.

ddaryl
10-17-2010, 11:47 AM
I'll take Luck for the rebuild for the win.

If we were a QB away from a playoff contender then hell yes go for Kolb. We are not and might as well get a young QB let him sit for a year behind Fitz/Brohm and continue to build the team.

Thundering Buffalo
10-17-2010, 12:30 PM
All the more reason to get a PROVEN QB and spend the higher draft pick on another impact player. Hope ur watching the game he throws the out route on a rope and touch on the deep post for TD. Wonder if Nix is in Philly.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2010, 12:40 PM
No to Kolb, draft Barkley.

EDS
10-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Kolb is doing a nice job of driving up his trade value today.

tampabay25690
10-17-2010, 04:36 PM
No to Kolb, draft Barkley.
Yuck.

I would be fine with KOLB then we can rebuild everywhere else.
If not draft Locker or Luck and we have are guy...

better days
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
If Andy Reid thinks Kolb is a Franchise QB, he won't trade him. Therefore if he were willing to trade Kolb, I would not want him.

Thundering Buffalo
10-17-2010, 07:54 PM
He's trading Kolb because he wants to improve his team around Vick. Not only that Vick is going to demand starter money next season and Reid doesn't want to waste that much money on two QB's. Kolb's got a cannon for an arm which is what you need at the Ralph.

billz83
10-18-2010, 01:18 AM
screw kolb id only want vick from the eagles..i dunno how kolb ever weaseled his way into the starting position because vick has always been and always will be a better QB then kolb.. Kolb is wack..

Commissioner
10-18-2010, 02:33 AM
There is no way Philly trades Kolb, especially with Michael Vick's injury history due to him running the ball a lot.

Night Train
10-18-2010, 05:42 AM
I think Philly will just keep both QB's.

tampabay25690
10-18-2010, 06:40 AM
I think Philly will just keep both QB's.

I agree 100%% they have a nice situation right now.

Dr. Lecter
10-18-2010, 07:21 AM
So you would move down 20 spots in each round for either of those guys?????

That's crazy.

Jan Reimers
10-18-2010, 07:26 AM
I think Orton and Kolb are nice, serviceable middle-of-the road NFL QBs. I would hope that with a top 3 pick in round 1, we could do better.

Commissioner
10-18-2010, 11:35 AM
I think Orton and Kolb are nice, serviceable middle-of-the road NFL QBs. I would hope that with a top 3 pick in round 1, we could do better.

Totally agree...

RoscoeMagic
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Totally agree...
I think Kolb is a lot better than Orton. Eagles like Kolb as their long-term "answer". Hence the extension before the season. Trust me, Andy Reid wanted Kolb in all along. The move to switch to Vick was made from above to sell tickets in the playoffs. The Eagles weren't planning on being in the hunt with a first year starter this season. Ergo the Westbrook cut, McNabb trade, and the stockpile of 12 draft picks. Kolb went down, they saw what Vick could do and the owners got giddy.

Kolb isn't going anywhere. There's a better chance Luck declares this year, but I don't even think that's happening.

better days
10-19-2010, 04:55 AM
He's trading Kolb because he wants to improve his team around Vick. Not only that Vick is going to demand starter money next season and Reid doesn't want to waste that much money on two QB's. Kolb's got a cannon for an arm which is what you need at the Ralph.

The only reason he would do that is if he thought Kolb would never amount to anything. If Reid does not think Kolb would not amount to anything, I would trust his judgement & not trade for him.

Thundering Buffalo
10-19-2010, 07:18 AM
His option is Vick ours is Fitz or Brohm are you kidding me. If we got him and used our pick on another impact player fans would go nuts

better days
10-19-2010, 08:06 AM
His option is Vick ours is Fitz or Brohm are you kidding me. If we got him and used our pick on another impact player fans would go nuts

What pick? If the Eagles were to trade him, they would want the Bills pick.

justasportsfan
10-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Interesting. We know Kolb can throw for 300+ yards while Luck has potential. I wouldn't mind either here.

Extremebillsfan247
10-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Both QB's bring the same tools to the field smart, mobile, strong arm the difference is Kolb comes with miles and Luck would be the shinny new car with 0 miles. My move would be on Kolb, any QB that has been groomed by Reid is worth the chance and he has NFL experience. It also allows you to use that #1 on another impact player and if it's the #1 overall you'll get a top 5 pick and 2nd in return from a team that wants to move up for Luck. These two are damn near identical, my bet is on the one that has experience and allows me to fill other holes in the draft.

Here is a question you should consider about Kolb, if he were really franchise material, what makes you think Andy Reid would be giving him up? More importantly, if Kolb was up for trade, I would want to know what was wrong with him that his Coach feels he has no need for. Luck is unproven at this level but has enormous potential. I don't see how giving up the opportunity of landing him in the draft benefits your team by going after a guy who was benched for another QB. JMO