• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

We have priority in the race for Merriman

Linebacker Shawne Merriman will be released by the Chargers once he's healthy enough to play again.

Chances are San Fran will win before us. So Merriman is as good as ours if we want him.
  • IAG
    • Jan 2005

Re: We have priority in the race for Merriman

He will retire if we claimed him. LOL.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

I don't care how much he's struggled recently, I think the Bills would be stupid to not make a play for him. Merriman on one leg would be an improvement over the LBs the Bills are rolling out.

D & S Sports

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

If Nix and Gailey are serious about getting some talent on the defense, they need to place a claim on him. Yeah, he's injured and whatnot but at the least he could bring something valuable with him... experience and knowledge.

Comment

• Tbuffalobills
          • Jan 2005

Make sure there is a bag full of Roids waiting for him in Buffalo....He's been usless in San Diego since he got busted two years ago

Injured all of 2008
          Injured Half of 2009
          Injured This Season

yea..this guy fits our mold..lets sign him
          San Diego Bills Fan!

Bills Fan in San Diego Since 1994!

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
            If Nix and Gailey are serious about getting some talent on the defense, they need to place a claim on him. Yeah, he's injured and whatnot but at the least he could bring something valuable with him... experience and knowledge.
            Lately, his experience & knowlwedge has been the IR list and Roids.. but I'd still take a chance.

He may need a year to mend before regaining his old form...if he ever does. Low risk signing.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

I agree worth the chance, and a sub par Merriman is still the best LB we wold have on the team

Comment

• more cowbell
                • Apr 2006

We wont put in a claim for him because "he'll want too much money"

despite the fact we have gotten rid of Mitchell, Lynch, Edwards, Schobel clearing up even more money on top of the giant amount we didn't use already to bring in talent.
                The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tbuffalobills
                  Make sure there is a bag full of Roids waiting for him in Buffalo....He's been usless in San Diego since he got busted two years ago

Injured all of 2008
                  Injured Half of 2009
                  Injured This Season

if he comes to ontario ill give him some of mine :)

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Absolutely should put in a claim on him:

Given his choice, San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman would like to play in Baltimore, Miami or Dallas. But in all likelihood, he will not have his choice, at least not yet. And if the Chargers release Merriman on or past Tuesday's NFL trade deadline, he first must clear waivers, which will open the door for another team to claim him and his $3.269 million contract.

3.269 mill? We waste more than that on much lesser talent. Thats cheap for a guy thats 26. We need help on the pass rush, he's good friends with Maybin (maybe he gets his ass in gear too), and we need help at LB'er.

Makes too much sense... Hence why we wont do it.

BTW, the 49'ers have a good chance for a win today, would then be 1 and 5, and we would win the claim.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tbuffalobills

Injured all of 2008
                      Injured Half of 2009
                      Injured This Season

If you can argue that claiming him would hurt us I might agree. There's no downside when your this bad.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by more cowbell
                        We wont put in a claim for him because "he'll want too much money"

despite the fact we have gotten rid of Mitchell, Lynch, Edwards, Schobel clearing up even more money on top of the giant amount we didn't use already to bring in talent.
                        Read my link. It would cost us 3.269 mill... why the hell not.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

26? That is a lot younger than I thought he was. Interesting...
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Even if he never performs like he did, he provides some attitude for the defense. I think good defenses need at least one marginally psychotic personality.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                              26? That is a lot younger than I thought he was. Interesting...
                              Yep, 26:

Complete career NFL stats for Buffalo Bills Defensive End Shawne Merriman on ESPN. Includes scoring, rushing, defensive and receiving stats.

I mean even if he ends up not working out you cut him. At 3.27 mill, we can afford to just cut him.

To me it makes a ton of sense. I will be shocked if we make a claim. And I hope Nix or Gailey gets pressed on why not when we dont. I'd love to hear how your working every day and looking at all ways to make your team better but you pass on him when he would be our best or a top LB'er day one.

Comment

Working...
                              X