PDA

View Full Version : Why did we not resign Pat Williams?

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Someone help me remember this, because I cannot for my life understand.

Crisis
10-17-2010, 05:12 PM
tom donahoe

“(Buffalo general manager Tom Donahoe) doesn’t know what he’s doing down there. I want to play every snap. I don’t have no weight problem, that’s the other guys. I’m good.”

“I guess they don’t want to win. I’d been there eight years and had no problems. I didn’t cause any problems.”

Williams sounded downright frustrated with the situation in Buffalo, repeatedly saying he didn’t know what the problem was there but that he didn’t think they wanted to win. It’s that last part that has him looking forward to his time in Minnesota, where he, like many in NFL circles, feels the Vikings have a chance to do well in the playoffs.

“I want to win some games first, and I want to win our division and get home-field advantage. I’ve been in football eight years and I’ve been to the playoffs twice,” he said. “I want to see how it feels to get there and I want to get to the next level. I think the Vikings got it.”

Another thing the Vikings have is defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell, who also coached Williams in Buffalo.

“I love Ted. He’s laid back. He’s wants all his guys to play every snap,” Williams said.

Williams says he still would have come to Minnesota if it weren’t for Cottrell. But having a familiar face is as big a bonus to Cottrell as it is to Williams, who will be one of five or six new starters on defense but one of the few that has extended experience with Cottrell’s system.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2010, 05:22 PM
No brainer

Billz_fan
10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
There are many players who have walked out of here since 2000 that you could question what were they thinking. London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes both better than anything we have now. Nate Clements, A. Winfield, Pat Williams, Willis Mcgahee (still producing) there are more.

I realize they all have a different set of circumstances involved in there leaving and the talent level of all is debatable but it should tell you alot about the state of the franchise. These guys are all producing elsewhere.

Slim
10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I knew Pat while he played in Buffalo and he had a major beef with the Buffalo front office, I never really asked him why. I also remember him talking A LOT of **** about Drew Bledsoe, he and Drew didn't get along when they played here. He couldn't wait to move on from the Bills.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Not for the money Clements signed for. No way.

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2010, 05:55 PM
McGahee I'm okay with, we got good trade value for that guy who hated being in Buffalo.

Big Pat was the one who got away.

bigbub2352
10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
as bad of a move as drafting whitner instead of ngata or mccargo instead of mangold or maybin instead of orakpo, matthews or cushing...not re-signing winfeild

Billz_fan
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Not for the money Clements signed for. No way.

Is he even in top 5 CB anymore salary wise ? Im not being a smart ass I don't know. He has fallen to at least 3rd right ?

ublinkwescore
10-17-2010, 08:50 PM
McGahee I'm okay with, we got good trade value for that guy who hated being in Buffalo.

Big Pat was the one who got away.

I was thinking the same thing - they got core 3-4 guys (that we didn't make any effort to re-sign) because some gray haired @$$hole's excessive pride overcompensated for his pathetic package. this whole time, we could have maintained a formidable D, and concentrated more on the O side of the ball.

F*** YOU TD!!! and F*** you Dick Jauron for moving away from gregg Williams' style of D.

billz83
10-18-2010, 12:13 AM
this FO was ******ed beyond words when they let pat williams go and exactly what he said is what ive been sayin for years they literally dont want to win..and wilson is sumhow behind this hahaha we had onna the best Defenses in the league..all we had to do is fix the Offense..and instead they destroyed BOTH..we shoulda kept pat williams, spikes, fletcher, winfield, and even clements..or at least found replacements before we let them all go..