X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Whitner

Does everyone realize this guys just turned 25. Granted this guy is what he is but he is a hard worker and a good player. I also think he is tired of the losing and really wants to turn the bills around and wants to to be a team leader.

I personally hope we keep him because we need a bunch of hard working guys that want to win and are tired of losing.

Hell he is better than Kelsay and they pretty much gave Kelsay an extension for working hard and being a good leader.

Also I wonder if Whitner would be more productive with a better front 7 in front of him, we know he can tackle and hit hard.
    Last edited by DesertFox24; 10-18-2010, 08:48 AM.
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Whitner

I wish every player had his passion on the field, but his production isn't there. When does he ever make a "big" play? Very rarely. For a guy who was taken in the top 10 needs to be a game changer. He's not. Granted, it's not his fault where he was drafted, but he can control his production. If this regime is big on rewarding leaders on this team, then he will be given a contract extension in my opinion.

Comment

• Stewie
      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
      • Aug 2002

Whitner and the rest of the secondary are fine, we have no QB pressure
      Originally posted by Topdog
      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      I love Weiner.
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      also cheese

Comment

• seanbillsfan
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Stewie
        Whitner and the rest of the secondary are fine, we have no QB pressure
        That's where it all starts. Give the qb all day to throw and he's gonna find open receivers

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
          I wish every player had his passion on the field, but his production isn't there. When does he ever make a "big" play? Very rarely. For a guy who was taken in the top 10 needs to be a game changer. He's not. Granted, it's not his fault where he was drafted, but he can control his production. If this regime is big on rewarding leaders on this team, then he will be given a contract extension in my opinion.
          T-long I agree with you on the big plays but there is no pass rush and out front 7 is the big problem.

I think this guy needs to stay.

Can you imagine how much fun this guy would be if we start winning and being a winning program.

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

It's not whiteners fault where he was drafted

Stop blaming him for not making plays bc he was drafted top ten

He needs to make
            Plays bc
            He is our starting safety though and needs to step his
            Play up to
            Match his talk

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• T-Long
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mikemac2001
              It's not whiteners fault where he was drafted

Stop blaming him for not making plays bc he was drafted top ten

He needs to make
              Plays bc
              He is our starting safety though and needs to step his
              Play up to
              Match his talk
              Hope that wasn't geared towards me because that is exactly what I wrote in my initial post. I am not blaming him because it isn't his fault where he was drafted. But you have to acknowledge where he was drafted based on his production. Look at Kyle Williams. He was a steal in round 5 and people always say that. It does become a topic of discussion when talking about a specific player.

You don't think people discuss Brady being a 6th rounder? It's out there all the time. Would Ryan Leaf even be discussed if he wasn't Top 5 pick?

Comment

• DesertFox24
                • Jul 2005

Hope that wasn't geared towards me because that is exactly what I wrote in my initial post. I am not blaming him because it isn't his fault where he was drafted. But you have to acknowledge where he was drafted based on his production. Look at Kyle Williams. He was a steal in round 5 and people always say that. It does become a topic of discussion when talking about a specific player.

You don't think people discuss Brady being a 6th rounder? It's out there all the time. Would Ryan Leaf even be discussed if he wasn't Top 5 pick?
                Look the guy is a starter and has started since he has been here, we need to resign him and keep him. Letting him walk does nothing for us but take a talented player off of our roster. Whitner is good enough to be on every roster in the NFL, whether he started is another thing but he is good enough to be on every teams 53.

The only way for us to get better is to get a much more talented 53, and not resigning young players that are solid is stupid.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Whitner needs to "STFU" already.

He didn't make a single tackle yesterday. Not one!!!

I have had it with him. I can pick, at least one play per game that completely proves he is worthless. I don't care if he is one of our best tacklers...tackling is a worthless stat...you don't need to tackle. What you need is interceptions!!!! That is all that matters.

I miss the weekly call out of Donte...

Fox, I share your view of DW. He would, I feel, be a nice part of a good defense. He is good, as far as I see, now, but would benefit to almost no end if the F7 were holding up there end of the bargain.

I would guess that the FO probably doesn't see Whitner as part of the problem. A guy like him is way more part of the solution.

The hate for him is just an extension of the frustration with this team.

Comment

• T-Long
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                    Look the guy is a starter and has started since he has been here, we need to resign him and keep him. Letting him walk does nothing for us but take a talented player off of our roster. Whitner is good enough to be on every roster in the NFL, whether he started is another thing but he is good enough to be on every teams 53.

The only way for us to get better is to get a much more talented 53, and not resigning young players that are solid is stupid.
                    Read what I wrote earlier. I think they do re-sign him when his contract is up.
                    If this regime is big on rewarding leaders on this team, then he will be given a contract extension in my opinion.

Comment

• methos4ever
                      • Apr 2004

He can void his contract this year. So we'll find out fairly soon whether or not he's valued by the FO more than some of the fanbase.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

[QUOTE=Beebe's Kid]He didn't make a single tackle yesterday. Not one!!! QUOTE]

He also helped the Defense to a franchise record of 0 yards allowed rushing and passing!
                        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

Read what I wrote earlier. I think they do re-sign him when his contract is up.
                          Not calling you out bro, it is the other guys that do not understand we need the best 53.

I am not saying Donte should start or not but he needs to be on this team.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

We need guys who work hard and want to win AND have talent. Working hard and wanting to win aren't enough- if it was, we wouldn't be 0-5.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

i'm transitioning from hating donte whitner to just feeling bad for him.

i don't think he has the talent to be the player he talks about being. i don't think he intentionally misses plays. i just think that he can't make plays.

he's not the biggest issue on the D, but he is one of many positions where if there was an upgrade, i'd take it.

I wouldn't resign him to a big contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X