PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Clausen Benched....

sauce
10-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Sorry, not really Bills news, but thought I would post it here because many people wanted him in a Bills uniform

On a side note, John Fox truly is an idiot, keep Clausen in there let him take his lumps, the team is going no where with Matt Moore.....

http://twitter.com/carolinagrowl/status/27752459553

And the Panthers owner doesn't take much heat but he's up there with Ralph and Al in regards to ****ty owners. If the guy wasn't so cheap he would have fired Fox in their bye week. It's obvious Fox won't be there next season

nolimit
10-18-2010, 05:40 PM
good for my fantasy team with steve smith

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-18-2010, 05:40 PM
There are a lot of players I would like in a Bills uniform.

k-oneputt
10-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Cowher will be the next coach.

Rookie qb, they all take their lumps.

I agree, might as well leave him in there.

Ed
10-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Fox knows he has no future in Carolina, so he's going to try and do what's best for his resume, not what's best for Carolina's future.

justasportsfan
10-18-2010, 07:51 PM
what? Until now Fox still hasn't figured who his qb should be? BUt He's had more than 6 months with Moore and one off season with Claussen. Thats more than enough time to know who his qb should be according to some posters here.

EDS
10-18-2010, 08:22 PM
what? Until now Fox still hasn't figured who his qb should be? BUt He's had more than 6 months with Moore and one off season with Claussen. Thats more than enough time to know who his qb should be according to some posters here.

So the actions of another piss poor team should be used as evidence that Gailey knows what he is doing?

Thief
10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
This move makes very little sense. Clausen, as a rookie, has done as good, or better. Why switch back to the guy you benched? Why confuse your team? Why damage the psychy of your rookie QB?

justasportsfan
10-18-2010, 09:14 PM
So the actions of another piss poor team should be used as evidence that Gailey knows what he is doing?
no. it's just proof that people who said that Gailey had enough time or that camp + preseason is more than enough to gauge you qb's were being a little too harsh. Fox who's been to the sb is still trying to figure it out.

don137
10-19-2010, 03:33 AM
Claussen has looked terrible. I do not disagree with the move. The game needs to slow down for Claussen. He needs to sit and re-evaluate what he is doing right and wrong. Not many rookies QBs can jump in and be successful. The Panthers are last in the league in scoring.

Billz_fan
10-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Fox knows he has no future in Carolina, so he's going to try and do what's best for his resume, not what's best for Carolina's future.

100% correct :up:

EDS
10-19-2010, 07:18 AM
no. it's just proof that people who said that Gailey had enough time or that camp + preseason is more than enough to gauge you qb's were being a little too harsh. Fox who's been to the sb is still trying to figure it out.

The situation is a bit different in that with the Bills, Gailey was not evaluating a rookie QB but instead a group of veterans. Moore did not get cut either, which is also different than what happened with Gailey when he named Trent the starter only to cut him a few weeks later.

That said, Fox made a mistake going to Clausen as early as he did. Should have waited a few weeks.

Coach Sal
10-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Bills fans should root for Clausen to look at least somewhat promising for the Panthers by the end of the season.

The worst scenario for the Bills is that he looks bad, the Panthers wind up with a worse record than the Bills, Fox gets fired, a new regime takes over in Carolina, and they decide to draft a QB with their first pick.

stuckincincy
10-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Waiting for Tony Pike... :plane:

OpIv37
10-19-2010, 08:16 AM

First, yes, he should know.

Second, Claussen never played in the NFL before. In the case of Trent, not only did the coaches have the benefit of a whole off-season of working with him themselves, they had hours and hours of NFL game tape on the guy. They should have known better.

better days
10-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Bills fans should root for Clausen to look at least somewhat promising for the Panthers by the end of the season.

The worst scenario for the Bills is that he looks bad, the Panthers wind up with a worse record than the Bills, Fox gets fired, a new regime takes over in Carolina, and they decide to draft a QB with their first pick.

Well if Clausen were to continue to start for the Panthers, they would have a worse record for sure than the Bills & be looking for a QB in the draft.

Hopefully, Moore looks like he did last year again & they win some games.

djjimkelly
10-19-2010, 09:29 AM
who cares who plays qb in carolina all i know is they need to start winning some games to get out of our way on our road to the first pick in the draft

justasportsfan
10-19-2010, 10:02 AM
First, yes, he should know.

Second, Claussen never played in the NFL before. In the case of Trent, not only did the coaches have the benefit of a whole off-season of working with him themselves, they had hours and hours of NFL game tape on the guy. They should have known better.

Tape isn't everything. Remember Rob Johnson? They had tape on him, he was an awsome camp qb.

Again, Fox had more than just tape on Moore, yet he benched Moore. Nw he's had Clausen play on gameday and not just tape and again he's benching Clausen.

Whisenthunt is more successful than Gailey and has had his team longer, he's struggling at the qb position with Derek Anderson.

Point is, even the more successful coaches in the league who have had their team longer get it wrong so I don't expect Gailey to get it right on the first try.

Mike
10-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Point is, even the more successful coaches in the league who have had their team longer get it wrong so I don't expect Gailey to get it right on the first try.

You are using faulty logic
You are implying that Gailey will eventually get it right because more accomplished coaches have in the past, even though Gailey is not one of them.

It is like making the following argument:
Even the Most successful and longest tenured kickers miss a FG
so I dont expect Justasportsfan fan to get it right the first time -make a FG-

That may be true but chances are that Justasportsfan fan will never amount to a good kicker, much like Gailey will never amount to a NFL good coach.

justasportsfan
10-19-2010, 11:34 AM
You are using faulty logic
You are implying that Gailey will eventually get it right because more accomplished coaches have in the past, even though Gailey is not one of them.

huh? No I'm not.Where did I ever say Gailey will or is the answer to anything?

All I'm saying is that to those who think that 6 months and one camp is enough to evaluate a qb without ever playing him in regular season, tell that to those coaches who are still trying to figure out the qb position of their respective teams inspite of having their players longer than Gailey has.

trapezeus
10-19-2010, 11:50 AM
i thought it was known that clausen's foot was still not healed. i have no idea what impact that has on his poor performance. but the guy should be letting it heal and learning the system.

i'm thinking no one would bail on clausen after 1 season.

Fox at least got his team to the superbowl and if the kicker actually didn't boot it out of bounds, might be a superbowl winning coach.

i think fox is lindy ruff. he's lost his team and his talk is old with that group of players. i think he ends up as a coordinator and returns 2-5 years later on a team as a head coach.

better days
10-19-2010, 12:43 PM
huh? No I'm not.Where did I ever say Gailey will or is the answer to anything?

All I'm saying is that to those who think that 6 months and one camp is enough to evaluate a qb without ever playing him in regular season, tell that to those coaches who are still trying to figure out the qb position of their respective teams inspite of having their players longer than Gailey has.

If Chan had cut Trent before seeing him in a real game, people would have complained about that.

Bill Cody
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
It's real early to be making any long term predictions but things have gone pretty much like I expected with Claussen. He's shown nothing that has changed my mind to stay the hell about from him in the draft. On the other hand I believe Colt McCoy showed a lot in his first NFL start against the best D in the league on the road. That kid is accurate and he's a winner. If I were coaching Cleveland I'd hand Wallace and Delhomme clipboards and let the kid play, might as well. You aren't winning anything with those other 2. I sure which we'd taken a chance in the 3rd on Colt, he's fun to watch.

stuckincincy
10-20-2010, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=trapezeus

Fox at least got his team to the superbowl and if the kicker actually didn't boot it out of bounds, might be a superbowl winning coach.

[/QUOTE]

John Kasey. Their Norwood.

NE won 3 SB's by 3 points each. IMO, because of idiotic late game coaching by the opposition..."Let's play prevent and hope they don't march along with sideline passes and get into position for that game-winning field goal."

I wouldn't hire an ex-NFL coach to do even something as mundane and easy as slopping a coating on my driveway... :chair: