X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

We signed Tucker

Is he any good? Anyone know much about this guy? Jaded?

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Check out his stats He's darker than TKO
    sacrifice1

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Made a very heads up play in game vs Jacksonville which ended up being game winner. See other thread. Looked very promising when he came to Washington.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
        Made a very heads up play in game vs Jacksonville which ended up being game winner. See other thread. Looked very promising when he came to Washington.
        Cool , thanks.
        sacrifice1

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Check out his stats He's darker than TKO

Comment

• robeezy
            • Jun 2003

Just having experience is a plus.
            "No body Circles the Wagon, Like the Buffalo Bills!"

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

Well, like someone said about Stokes, he was released by Dallas, Dallas of all teams. He didn't do much for Washington while he was here I know. Plus, he was still around on waivers, so...

Conaty still had more experience, so anyone not satisfied w/ Conaty, who could not only play G, but C too, probably won't like Tucker either. I would imagine that TD's grasping at straws right now w/ the OL. I was kinda hopin' that a decent G would have been released post June 1st.

Let me ask everyone this:

If Brown were to go down, how excited would anyone be to see Tucker step in?? Would that be enough protection for Drew?

I know that there's word out there about one big play in the Jax game last year, but one big play doesn't talent make. How was he at shutting down his assignment? Did he allow any sacks? Did he create holes? Who knows, but there sure isn't a lot to judge him on given he's only started 7 games for Dallas, the last 7 games, and in those games Hutchinson was sacked 27 times! Since the rest of the Dallas OL wasn't that bad, I'd be curious where those sacks came from. In the 10 games prior to Tucker starting, the Boys allowed only 26 sacks. That's an increase from 2.6 sacks/game to about 4 sacks/game since Tucker started.

All I really know about him is that when the Skins were really looking for a decent line, he wasn't even a factor.
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Conaty was here 2 years ago when ourt line really blew, and he couldn't take advantage of it either.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I still don't understand the Conaty situation. Seems he'd be a more valuable and versatile backup than Tucker.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Ya know, I’ve come to a realization. To Wys, the Glass isn’t half empty. It’s Half full of S#it.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                      Ya know, I’ve come to a realization. To Wys, the Glass isn’t half empty. It’s Half full of S#it.
                      Ouch !
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

We heard the same whining and gnashing of teeth over Fina and Ostrowski last year.

I don't see people lining up to sign Conaty. He's been a FA all the off season.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

tucker started and played well of allen.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

we cut alot of good players too when the new coach came in... just and fyi.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                              Out of intelligent things to say 76...?

Glad to see you're so excited at the prospect of Drew standing behind a guy like Tucker in case Sullivan and/or Brown go down. BTW, so much for "competing" Sullivan, eh! Guess he's a shoe-in for the job. But wait, we've been told by our fearless leaders that Sullivan doesn't have the job for sure. Gosh, maybe Hollenbeck, or Sobieski, or Pucillo will take his job.

All I know is that I'm sure we could have signed a viable backup G w/ ~ $6M sitting around on the books under the cap. I'm gettin' tired of signing scrubs, waiver guys, and injury puppies.

Other than Spikes, which is huge, far huger than most of us realize right now, Adams, and possibly Posey, we've haven't signed a single player this offseason who will be a significant upgrade anywhere! Posey may not even be an upgrade as we don't know yet. Adams, we also don't know how good he'll be either especially since his production/play fell off last year and he fills a hole but doesn't really replace a viable starter.

So you can say what you want now, but if we have two or more injuries on our OL, the only thing that I can think of this season is that we're gonna drop from one of the top 3 or 4 lines in the league to one of the bottom half OLs w/ guys like Tucker, Hollenbeck, and a whole schlew of other rookies and 2nd year guys who weren't good enough to get looks on draft days the years they were drafted and who have no experience.

I guess if that's the glass being half full or even better EE, then we have different standards. I don't think we can count on having so few injuries again on our OL. If we do, it'll be amazing! And heck, some of those guys will need relief for temporary injuries and other reasons even if only for a series or two.

So while you are getting all googly simply b/c TD signed another reject from two teams sorely in need of offensive guards, please excuse me if I'm not overly impressed!

Or should we shoe Tucker in for the Pro Bowl already along w/ Posey, McGahee, Kelsay, and Adams?
                              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X