PDA

View Full Version : Micah Johnson

DesertFox24
10-19-2010, 11:55 AM
DB/X-Era,

I was wondering if you guys have any info on Micah Johnson I know he is free right now and I was wondering if he would be worth a look. I know he is a little slow but he could be a thumper at 6'2 250 he has size to be our Brandon Spikes.

I never really watched Kentucky and when I did I never noticed him so that is probably not a good thing.

Anyway I was just wondering if he would be worth a better look than Thomas Williams.

DraftBoy
10-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Not bad in space, but struggles to get off blocks. Decent in pass coverage, and ok in blitzing, though more of a wait and see what the QB will do pass rusher than a ears pinned back get after it. I dont like the way he attacks gaps, its similar to poz where he doesnt fill, he waits. He has good speed and athleticism which gives him great range which we could badly use.

As a PS guy Id bring him on, and use him as a blitzing ILB, he's not the tackler Brandon Spikes is.

JCBills
10-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Big thumper, but not great at anything. He could learn a lot from Andra Davis. Freakish build, plays faster than he times, and was probably a little faster before injury. Worth a look considering where we are, might be where he is for a reason though.

X-Era
10-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Not bad in space, but struggles to get off blocks. Decent in pass coverage, and ok in blitzing, though more of a wait and see what the QB will do pass rusher than a ears pinned back get after it. I dont like the way he attacks gaps, its similar to poz where he doesnt fill, he waits. He has good speed and athleticism which gives him great range which we could badly use.

As a PS guy Id bring him on, and use him as a blitzing ILB, he's not the tackler Brandon Spikes is.Here was may take from last year:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2929699#post2929699

and from last years draft guide:

"Micah Johnson is an underrated linebacker who could surprise when all is
said and done. Johnson has good size, and great strength. He benched 225, 31
times at the Combine. He's quick, but he isn't very fast. He ran a 4.84, 40 at his
Pro-day. When he wants to, Johnson can lay the lumber. He can drill up into the
hole and blow up ball carriers. With his size and strength, teams may like what
he could mean to their run defense in the middle. The issue with Johnson is that
he doesn't always play up to his ability. At times he will disappear. He also has
had a rash of injuries in college. Johnson had adequate speed in coverage but
he may need help when he goes up against some of the quicker tight ends. In
the end, a team could really like what Johnson may bring to their run defense
and draft him in round 5 or 6."

Beebe's Kid
10-19-2010, 09:03 PM
This is a good thread.

Fox, you always come up with these decent players that are available. You should send Nix a telegram or something.

This guy would probably be of assistance immediately, and if not it doesn't hurt having guys like him to choose from for depth in TC next year.

DB...ears pinned back...epic.

DraftBoy
10-19-2010, 09:54 PM
This is a good thread.

Fox, you always come up with these decent players that are available. You should send Nix a telegram or something.

This guy would probably be of assistance immediately, and if not it doesn't hurt having guys like him to choose from for depth in TC next year.

DB...ears pinned back...epic.

I do what I can.