• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Time to go Tuna Fishing?

The Big Tuna has left the building. Oh how he could right the ship. Unfortunately Ralph doesn't like to let someone do their job and all the top management talent know it too.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Time to go Tuna Fishing?

he'd never do it in a million years, but perhaps he wants to hit for the AFC East cycle.

the only concern is that he's gotten progressively worse as he's kept moving.

won a superbowl with giants
    got the patriots to the superbowl
    got the jets to the playoffs
    didn't win a playoff game with dallas
    put in a winning culture with the dolphins, but stagnant growth in getting better

how much would it suck to see him come here and fail big time.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
      The Big Tuna has left the building. Oh how he could right the ship. Unfortunately Ralph doesn't like to let someone do their job and all the top management talent know it too.
      http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...land-in-charge
      BP, as much as i would love to see him save this team i think is done with football for good at this point.

Of course this is ignoring the fact that Wilson is also around and would never pay a dime for him.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• SABuffalo786
        • Feb 2003

Never ever ever ever.

The guys been behind like every single Bills downfall except the music city miracle. I think he has it out for us.
        "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

The Tuna is starting to stink. I'd stay away.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• McBFLO
            • Mar 2003

Too big of a personality for Ralph. It'd never happen.
            Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Everybody thought Scotty Bowman meant guaranteed success for the Sabres also.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                • Jan 2010

IMO he is overrated but obv better than who we have now

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Say what you want about Parcells, but every team he leaves is in better shape than when he took over. His specialty is turning around teams that are trainwrecks. Look at his history:

- Took over the Giants after a 4-5 strike season, 1 winning record in previous 10 seasons
                  - Took over the Patriots after a 2-14 season, 14-50 over the previous 4 years
                  - Took over the Jets after a 3-13 and 1-15 seasons
                  - Took over Dallas after 3 straight 5-11 seasons
                  - Took over Miami after a 1-15 season, 20-44 in previous 4 years

Parcells would establish the infrastructure to build a winning team. Going for him is a no-brainer, IMO, if you could interest him. After a few years you can move on, but at least the team would have people in place that know how to run an NFL team.
                  Last edited by Ickybaluky; 10-19-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                    Say what you want about Parcells, but every team he leaves is in better shape than when he took over. His specialty is turning around teams that are trainwrecks. Look at his history:

- Took over the Giants after a 4-5 strike season, 1 winning record in previous 10 seasons
                    - Took over the Patriots after a 2-14 season, 14-50 over the previous 4 years
                    - Took over the Jets after a 3-13 and 1-15 seasons
                    - Took over Dallas after 3 straight 5-11 seasons
                    - Took over Miami after a 1-15 season, 20-44 in previous 4 years

Parcells would establish the infrastructure to build a winning team. Going for him is a no-brainer, IMO, if you could interest him. After a few years you can move on, but at least the team would have people in place that know how to run an NFL team.
                    Spot on, as usual.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Well it's nice to talk about and nice to think about but anyone who seriously considers this has forgotten about Ralph and how he does or doesn't do things. He will never relinquish the type of control needed to land a person like this he just does not do it. Thats it, end of story.

When Ralph dies and the new ownership takes over, IF they decide to stay in Buffalo then we can start to talk like this. As morbid as it sounds we are of little hope till the guy dies as far as putting together a winning organization goes.
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• billz83
                        • Mar 2010

The Tuna is exactly what the bills NEED..sumone to put old man wilson in his place..saying that wilson would never pay for him nor would he get him because he would make competent moves sumthing wilson cant stand.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

He'd be a coup for the Bills and turn things around. But why would he ever do it?

Ralph's meddling. No bidget for players. Bad weather.
                          Nope. never happen.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                            He'd be a coup for the Bills and turn things around. But why would he ever do it?

Ralph's meddling. No bidget for players. Bad weather.
                            Nope. never happen.
                            I don't know. Was Leon Hess a great owner? Was Wayne Huizenga? Does Jerry Jones meddle?

Wilson seems shy about giving too much power to a front-office guy, but a lot of that is because of Tom Donahoe. It has been a while since Donahoe was canned, and it hasn't worked since. Couldn't you see him getting fed up after a dreadful season (which the Bills look headed for) and deciding he doesn't want to deal with it anymore? In that case, maybe he just writes Parcells a check and tells him to deal with it. It would get the fan base energized and free him up from some headaches.

It makes a lot of sense, IMO. Turning around teams like the Bills is what Parcells does. They should at least see if they can interest him.
                            Last edited by Ickybaluky; 10-20-2010, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Stewie
                              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                              • Aug 2002

The guy is 70 years old. He has Grandkids. His son in law happens to run a football team. He has a hsitory of getting fed up, taking time, and then getting the itch. Don't forget that Miami is paying him for another year or two anyway.

He's moving to KC, taking off for a year, maybe dabbling in TV, and oh yeah he's going to babysit his grandkids :P . And maybe consult with KC.
                              Last edited by Stewie; 10-20-2010, 07:24 AM.
                              Originally posted by Topdog
                              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              I love Weiner.
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              also cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X