PDA

View Full Version : CONTACT SPORT

Buffalo Thriller
10-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I think Football is getting duller and duller every year.Regulations are just to strict.The rules protecting the QB's is ridiculous.(Put a skirt on them)Hits are gonna happen. We are talking about grown men are out there getting paid to play the game of football. Some one is gonna get the **** knocked out of them now and then. I just don't think its right to fine these guys. How is a Safety supposed to hid a guy, when the ball is dumped to him at mid-field? They might as well make it two-hand-touch.Roger Goodell just irritates me
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
FLAGRANT HEAD TO HEAD:I do think if it was with-out-a-doubt head to head hit, depending on the result,should absolutly be fined.

IDK just my thoughts

Extremebillsfan247
10-20-2010, 03:56 PM
I think Football is getting duller and duller every year.Regulations are just to strict.The rules protecting the QB's is ridiculous.(Put a skirt on them)Hits are gonna happen. We are talking about grown men are out there getting paid to play the game of football. Some one is gonna get the **** knocked out of them now and then. I just don't think its right to fine these guys.
FLAGRANT HEAD TO HEAD:I do think if it was with-out-a-doubt head to head hit, depending on the result,should absolutly be fined.

IDK just my thoughts
These guys do this as a career, so I understand the need for protecting players from severe injury. But your right, its a little too strict. But, in my opinion they are focusing on the wrong areas of the game. Strict guidelines must be implemented, but where you do that is where I think the league has it wrong.

Typ0
10-20-2010, 04:01 PM
this is the message they are sending though. If it was about the hits they would put it on the refs to make calls during games. Instead they are positioning themselves to review what happened and then make a determination if it was blatant.

Buffalo Thriller
10-20-2010, 04:03 PM
^
True, i agree that the blatant hits should be fined. But they are calling anything blatant now

bigbub2352
10-20-2010, 04:04 PM
They are also playing a game that people play in there back yards...that we pay 100's of dollars to go watch...

I am not saying cheap shots are ok...but with the exception of the merriman hit i didnt see the wrong in any of those hits..its football

They are sacrificing there bodies for millions not thousands and a career if lucky is 10 years and they are set the rest of there life...even if they get a taste of the NFL and dont make it they get many other oppurtunites then after that like coaching scouting etc...they know the sacrifice going in and i think anyone of us on here would take the risks associated with playing professional football

To many horrible flags and now it is begninning to look like games are controlled now...protecting star players especially QB's

Also factor in the crap with Fisher and being told to take a time out by big brother to run even more commercials show's us the fan's that some of these games are controlled and maybe even fixed

They allowed the Pats to get away with some serious cheating and now it is never spoke about..yet they should have been stripped of those superbowls cause what they were doing was a huge huge huge advantage...they didnt want the mess and pretty boy pats to be dredged thru the mud...so they covered it up destroyed evidence then programmed espn and the media to brainwash the rest that the fine and the 1st rd pick was enough....Bull****!

Cause the NFL looks at the Pats like the Dallas of the northeast a GOLDMINE and Brady is the poster boy for it...

Something is not right..the NFL is making billions i think there is more to all of this than meets the eye..

Let the players play and if there is something that needs to be looked at it then by all means fine the player if it is deemed necessary..but god dont let the refs and the powers that be try to control the game

It will ruin the sport in the long term

Buffalo Thriller
10-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning seem to get any call they can. Jesus in Cletes..

Mr. Pink
10-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Take the helmets off the players and see how things change.

SquishDaFish
Totally agree with you. Its bullcrap. First it started with Tom Brady and its continuing from there.

trapezeus
i agree football is getting duller, but it has nothing to do with the hits. the flagrant stuff needs to be cut out.

i find the numerous commercial breaks, the pre game shows with 50 ex players laughing it up and having a lot of segments with very little football being shown is excessively boring. No celebrations on touchdowns, but letting special teams flail about on every kickoff and punt stop is absurd.

Buffalo Thriller
10-20-2010, 04:14 PM
I never even thought about that. Its a show-buisness lol. TD celebrations penelties are the worse! Although I do like it when a guy hands the ref the ball, acting like hes been there a million times.

Jan Reimers
10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
^
True, i agree that the blaten hits should be fined. But they are calling anything blaten now
I think you mean blatant.

trapezeus
10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
seriously, you can score a game winning touchdown and jump into the crowd for a penalty,

but before a kickoff, a kick returner can run endzone to endzone trying to hype the crowd up.

Now as a fan in that section, after your team was just scored on, do you want a player telling you to get loud, or would you rather have a game winning touchdown in your corner be greeted with the player diving into the section?

Buffalo Thriller
10-20-2010, 04:18 PM
oops,thanks

Buffalo Thriller
10-20-2010, 04:19 PM
If a player in Buffalo did a "LAMBO LEAP" I guarentee they would be pentalized. Only in Green Bay huh..

MikeInRoch
10-20-2010, 04:21 PM
People who WATCH the game and don't PLAY it have no freaking business talking about how "soft" it's become. If you attack the head of another player, you should be sitting down for multiple games. I'm on board with having a deliberate attempt to injure drawing a suspension that lasts at LEAST as long as the player you hit is out. If they have to retire due to the injury, guess what - you are done too.

Mr. Pink
10-20-2010, 04:23 PM
People who WATCH the game and don't PLAY it have no freaking business talking about how "soft" it's become. If you attack the head of another player, you should be sitting down for multiple games. I'm on board with having a deliberate attempt to injure drawing a suspension that lasts at LEAST as long as the player you hit is out. If they have to retire due to the injury, guess what - you are done too.

Agreed.

That's why I said take way the helmets. Players will no longer lead with their head on hits if there isn't something there to "protect" them.

Unfortunately many players use this "protection" as a weapon.

HAMMER
10-20-2010, 04:56 PM
If a player in Buffalo did a "LAMBO LEAP" I guarentee they would be pentalized. Only in Green Bay huh..

Do they have schools in Bama? Pentalized? Guarentee?

Buffalo Thriller
10-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I guess not. I tell you when im done..

Nighthawk
10-20-2010, 05:26 PM
I think Football is getting duller and duller every year.Regulations are just to strict.The rules protecting the QB's is ridiculous.(Put a skirt on them)Hits are gonna happen. We are talking about grown men are out there getting paid to play the game of football. Some one is gonna get the **** knocked out of them now and then. I just don't think its right to fine these guys. How is a Safety supposed to hid a guy, when the ball is dumped to him at mid-field? They might as well make it two-hand-touch.Roger Goodell just irritates me

IDK just my thoughts

Did you have to Google them?

Buffalo Thriller
10-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Did you have to Google them?

Go castrate yourself..

G Wolly
10-20-2010, 07:02 PM

Lambeau.

I wouldn't mind if a 300 pound linebacker charged at you leading with his helmet right about now.

Joe Fo Sho
10-20-2010, 07:26 PM
What's a contact sport?

Can someone help me out?

What's that search engine again??? Altavista????

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

Yasgur's Farm
10-20-2010, 07:32 PM
People who WATCH the game and don't PLAY it have no freaking business talking about how "soft" it's become. If you attack the head of another player, you should be sitting down for multiple games. I'm on board with having a deliberate attempt to injure drawing a suspension that lasts at LEAST as long as the player you hit is out. If they have to retire due to the injury, guess what - you are done too.It's not about attacking the head... It's about penalizing a player and team for a hit that is legal according to the rules on the field.

All you have to do is watch Brady pound the turf at the ref after he's been hit while the ball was still in his hand (like last Sunday).

Take away the fear of a WR getting hit going over the middle and the Bills win SB 25.

If it keeps going this way we can give each player a piece of chalk and a stone and call it the NHSL (National Hop Scotch League). They can put a float in the gay pride parade.

G Wolly
10-20-2010, 08:45 PM
It's not about attacking the head... It's about penalizing a player and team for a hit that is legal according to the rules on the field.

All you have to do is watch Brady pound the turf at the ref after he's been hit while the ball was still in his hand (like last Sunday).

Brady being a ***** has nothing to do with this issue.

The point here is that players who lead with their helmet in an attempt to spring into another player to make a hit which causes a head/neck injury either intentional or unintentional deserves the harshest penalty.

MikeInRoch
10-20-2010, 09:47 PM
It's not about attacking the head... It's about penalizing a player and team for a hit that is legal according to the rules on the field.

Take away the fear of a WR getting hit going over the middle and the Bills win SB 25.

If it keeps going this way we can give each player a piece of chalk and a stone and call it the NHSL (National Hop Scotch League). They can put a float in the gay pride parade.

None of the hits that were fined this weekend were legal hits.

The fear that wideouts have about going over the middle should not include the fear of never walking again.

billz83
10-21-2010, 12:50 AM
goodell is makin the nfl into a ***** sport..i played football and itz ALL about the hard hits..if u played u know ur not tryin lead with ur head on purpose cuz that **** hurtz..but it happens and sumtimes there are HUGE hits because of the speed of the game..they are going to start fining players for "devestating" hits?! **** that..goodell needs to step down and let a real commissioner handle the NFL now..and if u played ur not thinking about OHH let me use proper tech. to hit this guy..ur just tryin hit him as HARD AS U CAN to cause a fumble or make that guy think TWICE about coming ur way..

Yasgur's Farm
10-21-2010, 06:08 AM
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear... Leading with the head (spearing) is a penalty and should be penalized and/or fined. However... "Excessive violent hits" goes bway eyond that... and gives GODell discretionary power that may contradict what's allowed according to the rule book.

That's kinda like Obama bypassing Congress and Supreme Court and passing his own judgement as he sees fit on any particular day.

MikeInRoch
10-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Here's a news flash. Godell already has that discretionary power. And he should.

Yasgur's Farm
10-21-2010, 06:32 AM
I disagree when it comes to this subject... I believe a rule should be broken (caught dueing game action or on video) before GOD can fine or suspend

ddaryl
10-21-2010, 09:34 AM
the league is getting to be wishy washy