X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Bills practing 4 man front w/Poz @ OLB

During their bye week, the Bills were using rookie nose tackle Torell Troup in a four-man line next to fellow nose tackle Kyle Williams. Marcus Stroud and Dwan Edwards were at the ends, and outside linebacker Reggie Torbor was benched, meaning Chris Kelsay and Posluszny were playing outside linebacker and Andra Davis was at middle linebacker. Posluszny has been a 4-3 middle linebacker, both in college and the NFL, but he does have the agility to play outside. Kelsay is still struggling to convert from defensive end to linebacker and seems hopelessly overmatched in pass coverage.
    "There's a lot of carryover between the two," Posluszny said. "That's something we can definitely handle."

It's a nightmare match up against their passing game but it just might actually help us stop the run. Troup has been getting on the field and had a decent game last time. Hopefully he continues to improve because the defense is so much better suited to have Kyle Williams shooting gaps out of the 4-3.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills practing 4 man front w/Poz @ OLB

Kelsay is overmatched in pass coverage? Try every single linebacker.

Get Todd Heap in your fantasy lineups ... he'll score like three touchdowns.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

kelsay is a joke out there
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by madness
        It's a nightmare match up against their passing game but it just might actually help us stop the run. Troup has been getting on the field and had a decent game last time. Hopefully he continues to improve because the defense is so much better suited to have Kyle Williams shooting gaps out of the 4-3.
        This defense is a joke. They said we were moving to a 3-4 and now that KW has failed as the NT (surprise surprise) they are scrapping the whole thing?

Just give Troupe the NT job and keep Edwards and Stroud as the DEs.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Kelsay should be a DE, but I don't think there is any room for him. I like the idea of Coleman or Carrington at end...or even Moats. I thing Moats was impressing the staff, and I see he was limited in practice, so hopefully he is the first option upon his return.

It's said 1000 times per day, but get some of these young guys on the field. Maybin should not be on the bench. either. He struggles against the run? Who doesn't on this defense? If he is going to get millions of dollars, he needs to be playing.

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

I think we'll see it. We have nothing to lose.

Not that I think it will work as with Edwards and Stroud as the Ends very little pass rush is going to be generated, combine that with Kelsay and POZ at OLB...... it's just going to allow Flacco/Heap/ and RB screens to shred us

As a matter of fact I'm calling it right now, that he throws his season high in yardage this Sunday if we go with the 4-3.
            Last edited by Mad Max; 10-21-2010, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
              Kelsay is overmatched in pass coverage? Try every single linebacker.

Get Todd Heap in your fantasy lineups ... he'll score like three touchdowns.
              seems like every week that someone asks me who to pickup at TE in fantasy, I just look to see who is playing the Bills that week

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

Well it doesn't look like we'll have any pass rush, but we didn't have any pass rush before so whatever. Those 4 guys up front gives us a pretty big and stout D-line though, and it will be nice to see Troup get some more snaps. That's all I really care about at this point is getting our young guys reps. I'd rather see Poz stay in the middle though and put Maybin and one of our other young LB's on the outside.

Comment

• streetkings01
                  • Jul 2006

Looks like we should be blitzing alot if we want some form of pass rush.
                  You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                    Looks like we should be blitzing alot if we want some form of pass rush.
                    They won't do that for sure. They will send 4 every time and hope the secondary makes a play on 3rd down. They won't risk giving up big plays.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Kelsay at OLB in a 4-3 is a horrible idea. I think I'd rather have Ellison there.

Someone wrote before (can't remember if it was CB or someone else) that we utilized that exact same heavy 4-man front to stop the run against Jacksonville. Then Jacksonville just started bouncing everything outside because our big DE's didn't have the agility to keep contain. Do they really think Kelsay has the ability and speed to make an open-field tackle against Ray Rice or whoever ends up getting around the DL?
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        This defense is a joke. They said we were moving to a 3-4 and now that KW has failed as the NT (surprise surprise) they are scrapping the whole thing?

Just give Troupe the NT job and keep Edwards and Stroud as the DEs.
                        Troupe hasn't shown that he is any better a NT option than KW. You dont just give players jobs, they have to earn them.

Im fine with the switch, we are playing predominantly 4-3 Cover 2 anyways.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

They need to start Carrington at LE and let stroud come off the bench.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Troupe and Carrington both have been slowly getting more reps on game day which hopefully means they've been getting better and have been stealing more reps in practice.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

So basically, we're rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I don't blame the Bills for trying with what they have to work with but they need to get serious with changing the Front 7 personnel during the coming off-season.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X