PDA

View Full Version : Offensive players should be fined and suspended too if...

BuffaloBlitz83
10-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Rb's, fb's, tight ends, wr's lower their heads while gaining yards trying to break tackles. It makes helmet to helmet more likely and puts Defensive players in tougher spot to make tackle out. I hate the new ruling, but if you do it, then Outlaw that too.

Pinkerton Security
10-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I get where you're going but herein lies my main issue with this crap...

Yes, you're supposed to use your shoulder pads and then wrap up as a defender. then, as an offensive player, if you dont lower your shoulders to anticipate the impact, you're exposing your vital organs...kidneys, etc, so you kinda also need to use your shoulder pads.

However, what is right next to shoulder pads on both defenders and runners? THEIR HEAD! Its not so cut and dry when it pertains to helmet-to-helmet collisions because of these facts...when players are running at full speed and try to hit each other with their shoulder pads and the offensive player is trying not to get hit, its not always just gonna result in a proper tackle.

The NFL needs to be sure to only punish those where its a blatant violation or else, just as everyone is talking about, its gonna get a bit ridiculous and take the physicality out of the game,.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-21-2010, 11:14 AM
NFL is asking for it. This new rule will increase guys going low to make tackles at legs, knees. Players frown upon that. These type of tackles can cause more injuries

billz83
10-22-2010, 01:39 AM
this is what i was saying too summa these offensive players are going to take advantage of this new rule just to get that flag..just lower ur head at time of impact and cause a helmet to helmet impact to occur..easy 15 yards..

X-Era
10-22-2010, 06:14 AM
Only change I want is pass interference to go to 15 yards instead of spot of the foul.