PDA

View Full Version : Management of Practice Squad give's me HOPE!

bigbub2352
10-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Since everything on here has been doom and gloom and I am a regular contributer to that....

I figured I would write something positive for a change...

The Nix/Gailey regime has impressed with there constant watch of the waiver wire and adding players with actual size and potential to actually/maybe contribute on a Sunday in the Near future...also something Skeltor's regime didn't do...was actually having the PS full all the time.

Countless times last year we were riding with 5 or 6 players on the PS (limit is 8) and had 2-3 spots to fill..I wrote a few threads on this mismanagement every single year Skletor was leading the charge..

Paul Hubbard WR-6ft 2 225lbs-has size and speed something u cant teach and could maybe have some untapped potential or maybe needed to be in the right offense...he was a former 6th rd pick in 2008 by the Browns as well,

John Russell OLB 6ft 3 260lbs- is making the tuff conversion from DT/DE to OLB on our 3-4. Has size and strenght against the run from what I read. Has potential to maybe put his hand down and rush the passer as well.

Dominque Harris SS 6ft 2 213lbs- I liked what i seen from him in the preseason and he actually made the roster out of camp..Also has good size and speed combo and looked good on ST's and came up and popped RB's.

Chad Rinehart OL 6ft 5 307 lbs-Came from a small school but was drafted in the 3rd round in 2008 by Washington. Can play both spots and has good size and from what I read likes to play with a mean streak.

Naamon Roosevelt WR 6ft 1 189lbs- Local boy done good...has good enough size and speed to play on ST's and maybe be a 4th or 5th WR. Has good hands and plays physical.

Thomas Williams LB 6ft 1 240lbs- A former 5th rd pick in 2008 by JAX and from what I read can play ST's very well. Has NFL experiance so if a guy on the 53 man goes down he can step in and add a ST presence as well.

Jason Watkins OL 6ft 6 325lbs and Robert Furgeson FB 6ft 234lbs showed ok in the preseason. But i personally dont think keeping a FB on the PS is wise..get another LBer in here....Furgeson is to small to play FB in this league. Watkins got alot of playing time in the preseason and the coach's must have liked what they seen in him..also brings ability to play both tackle and guard and has good size for the positions.

Also adding another former 3rd pick in Kraig Urbik at OG 6ft 5 325lbs who the Bill"s had rated right behind Wood and Levitre and I think the Bills are defintely looking at developing player's for the long term and even thou none of these guys might ever make it in the NFL at least it looks like we have a plan on what we want to develop and what type of team we are trying to build..the change in philosphy is welcome in my opinion!

Nighthawk
10-23-2010, 03:12 PM
That is the one thing I can give them credit for...at least they're moving the pieces around...hopefully it works out for the best. It can't hurt.

Buffalo Thriller
10-23-2010, 03:16 PM
That is the one thing I can give them credit for...at least they're moving the pieces around...hopefully it works out for the best. It can't hurt.

Yeah, for one time the FO seems to know what they are doing. Perhaps....:darth:

Oaf
10-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Hubbard won't make round two cuts next year, put all my limited zbs on it.

bigbub2352
10-23-2010, 03:19 PM
It looks like we have direction and i think we are looking at players this year that have more talent than the last 4 years that we have been adding to the PS

Buffalo Thriller
10-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Hubbard won't make round two cuts next year, put all my limited zbs on it.

Based on?

RoscoeMagic
10-23-2010, 04:23 PM
This is true, we keep bringing in and changing players frequently. I suppose it's the only hope we can cling on with this organization unfortunately.

Buffalo Thriller
10-23-2010, 05:12 PM
This is true, we keep bringing in and changing players frequently. I suppose it's the only hope we can cling on with this organization unfortunately.
Exactly, who knows. A PS guy may turn out to be a phenom.

Beebe's Kid
10-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Exactly, who knows. A PS guy may turn out to be a phenom.

Phenom may be stretching it...but I would take a contributing member on our football team. Depth is severely under-rated by many people on this board.

I am sure there is always hope that you find that "diamond in the rough," but solid contribution is good enough.

Ickybaluky
10-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Mel Kiper came out with a list of the top 10 players available on practice squads, and he named a Bill (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=5714202&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story%3fcolumnist%3dkiper_jr_mel%26id%3d5714202):

Naaman Roosevelt | WR
Currently on the Bills practice squad, Roosevelt went undrafted out of Buffalo in 2010 with the big question mark being speed. He was a guy who disappointed in the forty with somewhere between a 4.65 and a 4.69, but I always liked his productivity and ability to get open. Here's a guy who caught 174 passes in his final two years at Buffalo. He may not be a deep threat, but I always liked his film, and his size (6-0, 187 lbs) isn't a problem.

djjimkelly
10-24-2010, 09:52 AM
i may be delusional however i truly believe the bills are tanking this season.

i think nix realized this roster has a few solid pieces about 25%. id say we have about 6 real nfl starters

i think nix realizes getting 1st to 3rd picks we are at the top of the round every round and yes in one draft. hitting on LUCK lets say then someone #1 round 2 that fixes 9% of the starters. we would have almost half a legit roster. you get half a roster going 2 or 3 FA's boom we have a team

this is truly us tanking it year for the real future