PDA

View Full Version : Clayborn Vs. Carimi

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Wisconsin at Iowa.

A top DE prospect in Clayborn vs. a top OT prospect in Carimi. Stalemate so far. Edge going to Carimi.

X-Era
10-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Wisconsin at Iowa.

A top DE prospect in Clayborn vs. a top OT prospect in Carimi. Stalemate so far. Edge going to Carimi.

I'm scouting both as we speak. Carimi is showing what Ive seen all year, he's a mauler who may not have the quickness to play LT. But on the right side, he could be special. Id love for him to be our 2nd round pick.

Clayborn looks to be a bull rusher mostly but has the speed and motor to be disruptive.

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm scouting both as we speak. Carimi is showing what Ive seen all year, he's a mauler who may not have the quickness to play LT. But on the right side, he could be special. Id love for him to be our 2nd round pick.

Clayborn looks to be a bull rusher mostly but has the speed and motor to be disruptive.

I've seen Carimi now twice this season, and he's done nothing but impressed. Today he seems to be handling Clayborn pretty well so far, and he's doing so by himself. Pretty good, since most teams double Clayborn.

Buffalo Thriller
10-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Carimi is a monster IMO

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Clayborn chimes in with a forced fumble.

Mahdi
10-23-2010, 03:31 PM
ohhh... Clayborn gets his vs Carimi.

Buffalo Thriller
10-23-2010, 03:32 PM
I think Quinn is just an overall better DE.

X-Era
10-23-2010, 03:36 PM
I've seen Carimi now twice this season, and he's done nothing but impressed. Today he seems to be handling Clayborn pretty well so far, and he's doing so by himself. Pretty good, since most teams double Clayborn.Did you see the forced fumble? That's the issue I have with him on the left side. He didn't slide deep enough and got beat around the edge. That's my issue right there. He could be a stud RT, but may struggle with the speed rushers in the NFL on the left side. That's an example of what he may have a problem with. Its a quickness thing and also technique at some level. He should be quickly kick sliding to keep his shoulders square between the defender and QB.

X-Era
10-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Carimi is a monster IMOHe is, I agree. Id just rather see him move to RT in the NFL and be great instead of being a marginal LT who can be beat around the edge.

He's the top guy that I want based on where I want him to get drafted (2nd round), and our need for a RT. I think Costanzo and Solder both will go earlier and are better LT prospects. I like Sherrod a lot, but I like Carimi better.

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Did you see the forced fumble? That's the issue I have with him on the left side. He didn't slide deep enough and got beat around the edge. That's my issue right there. He could be a stud RT, but may struggle with the speed rushers in the NFL on the left side. That's an example of what he may have a problem with. Its a quickness thing and also technique at some level. He should be quickly kick sliding to keep his shoulders square between the defender and QB.

Ya he may be more of a natural RT in the NFL. Jon Runyan part deux. Although I don't fault him for the fumble..I just think it was agreat athletic play by Clayborn.

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 03:48 PM
oh chit..Clayborn's heating up.

X-Era
10-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Ya he may be more of a natural RT in the NFL. Jon Runyan part deux. Although I don't fault him for the fumble..I just think it was agreat athletic play by Clayborn.No, I wouldn't drop his ranking on the play, I simply think he's better suited to the RT spot where thats less likely to happen.

Ginger Vitis
10-23-2010, 03:57 PM
oh chit..Clayborn's heating up.

This is not a bad thing is it? Clayborn has had a bit of a down year but I was hoping he would dominate Carimi.. The Bills could use a dominate DE if Andrew Luck does not declare for next years draft

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 03:59 PM
How is Iowa losing this game, they've been marching up and down the field.

Stanzi has to shoulder most of the blame.

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 04:02 PM
This is not a bad thing is it? Clayborn has had a bit of a down year but I was hoping he would dominate Carimi.. The Bills could use a dominate DE if Andrew Luck does not declare for next years draft

No, it was an exclamatory statement. I've been a fan of Clayborn.

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 04:30 PM
That was a Jauron-esque f up. Snap the ball!

DraftBoy
10-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Carimi has been beat far too many times today to be a top pick. Bad perfomance overall from him.

X-Era
10-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Carimi has been beat far too many times today to be a top pick. Bad perfomance overall from him.I see him as the 3rd-5th OT to be drafted and anywhere from the early 2nd to 3rd round at this point.

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 06:28 PM
I see him as the 3rd-5th OT to be drafted and anywhere from the early 2nd to 3rd round at this point.

I just hope Bell can lock down the LT position, it''s such a hard position to fill. We should be able to find a very good RT in rounds 2-3, maybe in Carimi (although his height scare me a little for RT).

X-Era
10-23-2010, 06:38 PM
I just hope Bell can lock down the LT position, it''s such a hard position to fill. We should be able to find a very good RT in rounds 2-3, maybe in Carimi (although his height scare me a little for RT).Why? He gets good leverage, he doesn't usually block too high and his best assett is his toughness and strength. And, he could probably add 10 pounds without losing much quickness if at all... and he's already 320-ish.

Mad Max
10-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Ya it's probably just an ingrained perception of the prototype RT size for leverage and QB sight-line purposes.
I can't think of any outside of Runyan (although I'm sure there are) as tall as Carimi manning RT.

X-Era
10-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Ya it's probably just an ingrained perception of the prototype RT size for leverage and QB sight-line purposes.
I can't think of any outside of Runyan (although I'm sure there are) as tall as Carimi manning RT.

Langston Walker :couch:

Theres a few actually.

Marc Colombo (Dal)
Sebastian Vollmer (Pats)
J'Marcus Webb (6'7", Chi)
Gosder Cherilius (6'7", Det)
Dennis Roland (Cinnci)
Flozell Adams (6'7", Pitt)
Philip Loadholt (Vikes)
Eric Winston (6'7", Hou)
Jeremy Trueblood (TB)
David Stewart (6'7", Tenn)