PDA

View Full Version : QB SYNDROME

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Losman was a gunslinger but just didn't cut it.

Edwards in his first couple of years showed some decent decision making, and as we all know went downhill from there.

Fitzpatrick shows some great talent, but none of that matters when you throw costly picks almost every game. I have never seen anything like it. Sure he makes some great throws and has a few TD's now and then, but those picks just cancel all of it out.

(EDIT:NICE TD PASS TO EVANS.)

Put Brohm in the rest of the year, and salvage what we can.

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
I may eat my words on this game winning drive?

Crisis
10-24-2010, 03:17 PM
if fitz had any accuracy he'd be the best QB in the league.

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 03:23 PM
hes got a nice throw. no ark at all,just inaccurate as hell

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Fitz isn't the answer...he kills this team with untimely INT's...but he has played better then I could have ever expected.

theanswer74
10-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Shut up with the inaccurate talk, he was 67% today and is around 62% for the year. He made some bad throws, every QB does. He has 14 TD's and 4 INT's in his last 5 starts.

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Shut up with the inaccurate talk, he was 67% today and is around 62% for the year. He made some bad throws, every QB does. He has 14 TD's and 4 INT's in his last 5 starts.

He's not a QB that will win many games in this league...

Dr. Pepper
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
QB is less and less of a problem every week.... its now shifting to LB...

theanswer74
10-24-2010, 03:44 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Wrong time to talk QB. Fitz is the best QB we have had since 2002, he may even be better than Bledsoe was.

kingJofNYC
10-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Chan is working his magic. We saw some decent play out of Fitz last season, but he looks an order of magnitude better this season.

Sucks that his two picks cost us, he had a hell of a ball game.

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 03:46 PM

Wrong time to talk QB. Fitz is the best QB we have had since 2002, he may even be better than Bledsoe was.

Wow...just wow...

PA Bills Fan
10-24-2010, 03:47 PM

And where did you say you got your coaching credentials???? I thought so. Nowhere.

Dujek
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
With solid defense Fitz would have won 3 out of his 4 starts, no ifs ands or buts.

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
And where did you say you got your coaching credentials???? I thought so. Nowhere.

Ha, ha...some of you are pretty funny....ignorant, but funny.

theanswer74
10-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Wow...just wow...
It is shocking, its the truth.

No QB has done that on the road vs a top team since I cant remember. I dont know what your opinion was of Fitz before the last 5 games, but whatever it was suck it up and get over your ego.

PA Bills Fan
10-24-2010, 03:50 PM

You're talking out your butt because your mouth knows better. Young punk.

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 03:51 PM
It is shocking, its the truth.

No QB has done that on the road vs a top team since I cant remember. I dont know what your opinion was of Fitz before the last 5 games, but whatever it was suck it up and get over your ego.

I'd love for him to be the answer, but let's not gloss over that fact that HIS interceptions basically were the difference in this game. I'm not hating on him, he is what he is...

PA Bills Fan

Over 14K posts proves 1 thing,,,,,,,,you need a life.

Nighthawk
You're talking out your butt because your mouth knows better. Young punk.

I truly love Internet tough guys...

Dr. Pepper
10-24-2010, 03:52 PM
I'd love for him to be the answer, but let's not gloss over that fact that HIS interceptions basically were the difference in this game. I'm not hating on him, he is what he is...

and without his throws we arent in the game to begin with, so whats your point?

BillsWin
10-24-2010, 03:58 PM
I would re-sign Fitz... To groom our franchise guy next season.

Bangarang
10-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Over 14K posts proves 1 thing,,,,,,,,you need a life.

14k posts over 8 years of being a member is a little less than 5 posts a day. Making 5 posts takes less than 15 minutes.
TOS violation

PA Bills Fan
10-24-2010, 04:03 PM
14k posts over 8 years of being a member is a little less than 5 posts a day. Making 5 posts takes less than 15 minutes.

You're a moron.

And you're an TOS violation Mind your own effen business.

TheBrownBear
10-24-2010, 04:03 PM
fitz is a young dude by qb standards. Not sure why so many fans want to give up on him. Get the defense fixed in two years and fitz will still ony be 29.

mikemac2001
10-24-2010, 04:05 PM
he played alot better

as much as i want to see what brohm has

fitz doesnt deserve to lose this job because he is our most consistant player right now.

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 04:10 PM
he played alot better

as much as i want to see what brohm has

fitz doesnt deserve to lose this job because he is our most consistant player right now.

Can't argue that...the guy has played well.

Michael82
10-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I would re-sign Fitz... To groom our franchise guy next season.
I agree! Fitzpatrick is a great backup. But that's all he will ever be. I still want a QB in the top 5 picks of the draft next year.

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 04:12 PM
I agree! Fitzpatrick is a great backup. But that's all he will ever be. I still want a QB in the top 5 picks of the draft next year.

If Gailey can help Fitz play this well, what can he do with a true, franchise QB???

Michael82
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
If Gailey can help Fitz play this well, what can he do with a true, franchise QB???
EXACTLY! :hi5:

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Well, the way Fitz played today, he looked like a franchise QB. I'm not saying his is one, or he isn't, but today he really showed something.

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Well, the way Fitz played today, he looked like a franchise QB. I'm not saying his is one, or he isn't, but today he really showed something.

Very true...but I'm not ready to say we are all set at the QB position just yet.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Hell no. Even if they do thing they can win with Fitz, that's only going to be temporary. They still have to draft a QB in the upcoming draft, unless Fitz plays like this the rest of the season.

Michael82
10-24-2010, 04:27 PM
BTW....I looked it up. Check out Ryan Fitzpatrick's stats in a game against the Houston Texans in 2005.

R. Fitzpatrick 19/30 for 310 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 63.3% completion percentage, 117.4 QB rating

Now compare it to today....

R. Fitzpatrick 29/43 for 374 yards, 4 TDs, 2 INT

Buddo
10-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Fitz will never be a 'franchise' QB for the simple fact that he is too inconsistent/inaccurate, the combination of which is never going to win all the games you need to - particularly in the playoffs/SB run you hope to make. One bad game there, and you are toast.
Basically, Fitz attempts throws his arm isn't really up to. He gets away with it quite a bit, but not enough.
I think he has played admirably so far this year, and even if we draft a QB with a very high 1st round pick, wouldn't be too disconcerted to see him start next year, while the rookie develops. However, anyone who thinks he can take us to a SB, is sadly mistaken.
I also hope that they do retain Fitz, as he has proven he can make plays, and most of his decisions have been good ones, and a capable backup QB is a good thing.

X-Era
10-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Fitz will never be a 'franchise' QB for the simple fact that he is too inconsistent/inaccurate, the combination of which is never going to win all the games you need to - particularly in the playoffs/SB run you hope to make. One bad game there, and you are toast.
Basically, Fitz attempts throws his arm isn't really up to. He gets away with it quite a bit, but not enough.
I think he has played admirably so far this year, and even if we draft a QB with a very high 1st round pick, wouldn't be too disconcerted to see him start next year, while the rookie develops. However, anyone who thinks he can take us to a SB, is sadly mistaken.
I also hope that they do retain Fitz, as he has proven he can make plays, and most of his decisions have been good ones, and a capable backup QB is a good thing.

:clap:

Fantastic post.

zone
10-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Fitzpatrick shows some great talent, but none of that matters when you throw costly picks almost every game. I have never seen anything like it. Sure he makes some great throws and has a few TD's now and then, but those picks just cancel all of it out.

See Favre, it worked out ok for him...

Michael82
10-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Well said! :bf1:

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Favre is a dime a dozen. Comparing Fitz to Favre is like Ray Lewis to Poz

zone
10-24-2010, 05:07 PM
You said you have never seen anything like it, I was simply stating an example. Do you disagree that Favre shows great talent but throws costly picks almost every game?

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Favre has been in the league longer then I have been alive. He doesnt have to show he has great talent. He has earned that much.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2010, 06:56 PM
BTW....I looked it up. Check out Ryan Fitzpatrick's stats in a game against the Houston Texans in 2005.

R. Fitzpatrick 19/30 for 310 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 63.3% completion percentage, 117.4 QB rating

Now compare it to today....

R. Fitzpatrick 29/43 for 374 yards, 4 TDs, 2 INT

What on earth does this have to do with anything, Michael?

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 07:00 PM

Bledsoe is a borderline HOFer. Fitzpatrick is a journeyman.

End of discussion.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2010, 07:02 PM

End of discussion.

Warner was a journeyman too. So was Delhomme. So was Hasselback. So was Rich Gannon.

I can go on and on. Just because a QB hasn't done anything impressive in the NFL, doesn't always mean they won't be a good QB in the future.

Syderick
10-24-2010, 09:12 PM

End of discussion.

LOL far from it actually.

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
LOL far from it actually.

Far from it? Have you seen his career numbers? He's been to 2 superbowls, won one, yes he was on the bench for that game but if not for Bledsoe the Pats don't beat the Steelers to get to that SB.

44,611 yards, 251 TDs..more TDs than INTs.

4 time probowler.

Teams won more of his starts than lost.

Syderick
10-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Far from it? Have you seen his career numbers? He's been to 2 superbowls, won one, yes he was on the bench for that game but if not for Bledsoe the Pats don't beat the Steelers to get to that SB.

44,611 yards, 251 TDs..more TDs than INTs.

4 time probowler.

Teams won more of his starts than lost.

By your standards then Dave Krieg, Boomer Esiason and Vinnie Testeverde should be HOFers too. As well as Drew lost his starting job 3 times.

djjimkelly
10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
if fitz had any accuracy he'd be the best QB in the league.

and if u had a 12 incher ud be john holmes

Spiderweb
10-26-2010, 10:36 PM
With solid defense Fitz would have won 3 out of his 4 starts, no ifs ands or buts.

3 of 4 uh? If i recall correctly, and I do, Fitz two late picks against the Pats sealed the deal for the Pats, and his two more this past Sunday were also huge in game that was an offensive (almost old AFL style) shootout.

Sure, our D has been horrible, but as well as Fitz has played in stretches, he still seems to throw the costly pick, the wildly inaccurate throw at key moments.

I like the guy, but he simply isn't consistently accurate. The WR's do seem to make plays for him. I guess mainly because he at least will throw it to them, unlike he who shall remain nameless.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2010, 10:39 PM
By your standards then Dave Krieg, Boomer Esiason and Vinnie Testeverde should be HOFers too. As well as Drew lost his starting job 3 times.

Compare their numbers with Jim Kelly...they're not all that far different.

The only difference Kelly has is he went to 4 superbowls.