PDA

View Full Version : To FunTimesYAY

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Would you like to take back the comments "Steve Johnson is a garbage time reciever? Just curious.

Oaf
10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Many could consider this being the first game he's not. :idunno:

RoscoeMagic
10-24-2010, 03:07 PM
He seems like a guy that's always right. Doubt he takes it back.

Dr. Pepper
10-24-2010, 03:42 PM
i questioned why everyone was sucking johnson's, um... johnson... last year when he showed absolutely nothing. he's proving his worth though, and hopefully he can be a solid #2 receiver for years to come, avoiding another hole to fill via draft.

SquishDaFish
10-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Hes getting better every week. Im liking this kid

RoscoeMagic
10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Hes getting better every week. Im liking this kid

I thought Steve Beuerlein was about to get the whole booth sticky with the way he was talking about the kid.

kingJofNYC
10-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Jauron kept him on the bench, why play him? Lets go with two tight ends sets instead! Look at Roscoe as well. Gailey's getting as much production as he possibly can out of these guys under the current circumstances.

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 06:39 PM
He had a good game.

First time for everything.

One game does not make a career nor what someone is.

YardRat
10-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Very pleased with Johnson's performance today...he actually looked like a man out there. Now he needs to be consistent, and get better.

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Very pleased with Johnson's performance today...he actually looked like a man out there. Now he needs to be consistent, and get better.

Agreed.

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Showed good hands

Spiderweb
10-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Many could consider this being the first game he's not. :idunno:

....and those same "many" would be right.

He showed a disturbing tratit on two long catches were he wussied out of bounds. I can't imagine a guy like Welker ever doing that. Maybe it's his conditioning and he was simply out of gas after 20-30 yards, but I saw that as disturbing. Despite an otherwise solid game from him, it gives one pause.......

YardRat
10-24-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm OK with him running out of bounds a couple times a game if he can contribute like he did today.

Mad Max
10-25-2010, 12:19 AM

He showed a disturbing tratit on two long catches were he wussied out of bounds. I can't imagine a guy like Welker ever doing that. Maybe it's his conditioning and he was simply out of gas after 20-30 yards, but I saw that as disturbing. Despite an otherwise solid game from him, it gives one pause.......

Welker also tore up his knee and missed a lot of playing time due to his reckless style.

We also have lost several games in our history due to people needlessly fighting for an extra yard only to fumble or get stripped. No I'm ok with going down or going out of bounds in situations where that extra yard isn't a must have.

Bangarang
10-25-2010, 12:28 AM

So you'd be happier with him trying to gain an extra yard or 2 by trying to plow through defenders and potentially coughing up the ball?

SeatownBillsFan21
10-25-2010, 12:46 AM
He had a good game.

One game does not make a career nor what someone is.

I hope you will be eating your words his entire career. Go Stevie and Go Bills

G Wolly
10-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Would you like to take back the comments "Steve Johnson is a garbage time reciever? Just curious.

By that logic you and the others would have the take back the "FITZ ISN'T THE ANSWER" posts, if you wanna base perceptions on this one game.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2010, 12:55 AM
I hope you will be eating your words his entire career. Go Stevie and Go Bills

Trust me I would love to do that too.

I still don't think he's a long term answer but he has nice game this week.

I'd point out his shortcomings but it has already been done and I don't want to put a damper on the success he had today.

Bangarang
10-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Trust me I would love to do that too.

I still don't think he's a long term answer but he has nice game this week.

I'd point out his shortcomings but it has already been done and I don't want to put a damper on the success he had today.

Dude, are you aware that you are less popular than Rob Johnson? How did this happen?

Mr. Pink
10-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Dude, are you aware that you are less popular than Rob Johnson? How did this happen?

JFreeman.

At one point in time he had ridiculous rep power, I asked him to neg me.

I had -80k at one point...I'm disappointed I'm almost -60k right now.

Basically at that time people *****ed about rep constantl, I, think internet rep is meaningless and pointless...so when JFreeman had the power to do so I purposely asked him to neg me.

Thief
10-25-2010, 01:01 PM
He had a good game.

One game does not make a career nor what someone is."You're only as good as your last game."

Crisis
10-25-2010, 01:03 PM
"You're only as good as your last game."

i hate that saying..

19/32 159 yds 1 td 0 int 82.7 rating
29/43 374 yds 4 td 2 int 106.2 rating

two QBs last week, which one would you rather have on your team?

Thief
10-25-2010, 01:11 PM
i hate that saying..

19/32 159 yds 1 td 0 int 82.7 rating
29/43 374 yds 4 td 2 int 106.2 rating

two QBs last week, which one would you rather have on your team?Hey, I'm not saying I 100% agree, just noting a thought.

Mad Max
10-25-2010, 02:35 PM
JFreeman.

At one point in time he had ridiculous rep power, I asked him to neg me.

I had -80k at one point...I'm disappointed I'm almost -60k right now.

Basically at that time people *****ed about rep constantl, I, think internet rep is meaningless and pointless...so when JFreeman had the power to do so I purposely asked him to neg me.

Ohh so that's why. Here I thought it was because you got weasel Buscemi as your avatar.

That guy's got the perfect weasel look, and he plays the roles to perfection from Mr. Pink onwards.

Although I have to admit, I'm kind of getting hooked on Boardwalk Empire....