PDA

View Full Version : Every Officiating Ruling goes Against us

darthokeefe
10-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Why do we NEVER catch a break....

RoscoeMagic
10-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Yep.

Corner had a pick and forward progress was stopped there in OT.

Such BS

No doubt Fitz leads us down the field

SeatownBillsFan21
10-24-2010, 03:39 PM
This was a heart breaker for me today so bummed right now

Novacane
10-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Why do we NEVER catch a break....

Because we are losers. Good teams get breaks. Bad teams don't

!Papacrunk!
10-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Steelers are loving the refs too

Novacane
10-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Yep.

Corner had a pick and forward progress was stopped there in OT.

Such BS

No doubt Fitz leads us down the field

The INT is a bad rule but was called right. If steroid boy had not fumbled we'd be saying progress was not stopped because our line was pushing him forward for 2-3 more yards. Nelson should have held onto the ball. Loser players make loser plays.

YardRat
10-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Unfortunately, the refs pretty much got every call right.

The forward progress in OT, though, admittedly was questionable.

cordog
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Horrible call by the refs, way to swallow the whistle when Nelson's progress was stopped for 3 seconds......horrible

Cleve
10-24-2010, 03:44 PM
So how did the official at the end of the 1st half miss the blatant pass interference by Baltimore but somehow note the "fact" the catch was out of bounds (which it wasn't)??

Gailey or someone ought to be protesting this game to the NFL

Slim
10-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Unfortunately, the refs pretty much got every call right.

The forward progress in OT, though, admittedly was questionable.

INT in the endzone? Corner's elbow was down. If no pick how is that not interference?

mikemac2001
10-24-2010, 03:53 PM
my issue you can't hold up a guy to try to strip it 2 guys were all over him should have been a blown whistle like i said...refs wanted the game to end.

after reading that article on yahoo where the ref asked jeff fisher to take timeouts because of commercial i feel the league is run that way and things happen for a reason (buffalo wild wing commercials)

Billz_fan
10-24-2010, 03:55 PM
So how did the official at the end of the 1st half miss the blatant pass interference by Baltimore but somehow note the "fact" the catch was out of bounds (which it wasn't)??

Gailey or someone ought to be protesting this game to the NFL

While I certainly share your despair in losing, I can just picture the league office now when the protest comes in. Office worker holds up the paperwork and yells "Hey look an 0-6 team thinks they lost because of the referee's this week " Envelope flys into trash :D

Novacane
10-24-2010, 03:57 PM
INT in the endzone? Corner's elbow was down. If no pick how is that not interference?

They can't call interference off of replay.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2010, 03:57 PM
This loss had nothing to do with the officiating.

mikemac2001
10-24-2010, 04:03 PM

turnovers cost us the game, but many bad calls changed the outcome of the score.

we didn't lose because of the refs but there calls changed the game multiple times.

Ingtar33
10-24-2010, 04:05 PM

this

RoscoeMagic
10-24-2010, 04:05 PM
The INT is a bad rule but was called right. If steroid boy had not fumbled we'd be saying progress was not stopped because our line was pushing him forward for 2-3 more yards. Nelson should have held onto the ball. Loser players make loser plays.

Was it right? It looked like his ass was down on Boldin. Or is that not the ground?

Yeah he should have held on to the ball but the play should have been dead before that too.

mrbojanglezs
10-24-2010, 04:07 PM

no the rule states unless the player is carried out of bounds, he was carried out of bounds, it should have been a int

Joe Fo Sho
10-24-2010, 04:25 PM
no the rule states unless the player is carried out of bounds, he was carried out of bounds, it should have been a int

Right, but that needs to be made on the field, it's a judgement call and not reviewable. They should've called it that way originally.

TigerJ
10-24-2010, 04:31 PM
The INT is a bad rule but was called right. If steroid boy had not fumbled we'd be saying progress was not stopped because our line was pushing him forward for 2-3 more yards. Nelson should have held onto the ball. Loser players make loser plays.Agreed on the non-interception. Corner only got one foot down. Through chance and effort, Boldin was able to keep any other part of Corner's body from touching the ground until he was out of bounds. I'm a little more sympathetic ttoward Nelson. He couldn't go down. I think it was mostly Baltimore players around him, and when you have multiple players pawing at the ball, it can be pretty tough to keep it secure.

YardRat
10-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Steelers are loving the refs too

Anytime Miami gets ****ed, it's a good thing.

YardRat
10-24-2010, 04:37 PM

They missed the interference for sure, and I haven't seen the replay again to notice the elbow.

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Corner was interfered with but never came down inbounds with the ball. So the only thing blown there was not calling offensive pass interference.

Once the refs didn't blow Nelson down for forward progress right away, he and the pile started going forward. Blame Nelson for either a. not falling down or b. not securing the football.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Corner was interfered with but never came down inbounds with the ball. So the only thing blown there was not calling offensive pass interference.

Once the refs didn't blow Nelson down for forward progress right away, he and the pile started going forward. Blame Nelson for either a. not falling down or b. not securing the football.
The first part is only half true. While they did get rid of the force out rule, there is an exception for carrying a player out - he can be knocked out but not carried out.

BertSquirtgum
10-24-2010, 10:12 PM
wow dude. yeah, it does. nothing to do with the loss is so far from the truth. please just stop......just stop. yeah, some of the bills' players had a real costly screw ups but some of the calls or lack there of was complete horse****.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2010, 10:15 PM
wow dude. yeah, it does. nothing to do with the loss is so far from the truth. please just stop......just stop. yeah, some of the bills' players had a real costly screw ups but some of the calls or lack there of was complete horse****.
Meh.

You control what you can control and take responsibility for what your job. You don't worry about others.

Whining about officiating is a pet peeve of mine.

ServoBillieves
10-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Meh.

You control what you can control and take responsibility for what your job. You don't worry about others.

Whining about officiating is a pet peeve of mine.

... I think Corner controlled the ball pretty well on his interception.

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 10:37 PM
... I think Corner controlled the ball pretty well on his interception.

But he didn't control getting a second foot down inbounds.

Figster
10-24-2010, 10:47 PM

The thing is there was clearly offensive pass interference, but because the ball was INT it was overlooked by the officials, and by rule the PI would have made it a catch/INT regardless of not getting both feet down, as the ruling is applied with WR's

Slim
10-25-2010, 12:08 AM

I'm pretty sure his elbow was down.

Figster
10-25-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm pretty sure his elbow was down.

Yes his elbow was down, how many mistakes can the officials make on one play,:whoosh:

If staying in and out of bounds on receptions is reviewable then when you review it and see an offensive PI that has direct impact on the play under review it should be called in my opinion.

The elbow makes the INT good, the PI would have made the INT stand.

If nothing else, allow the HC permission to throw the flag and say, "well, the reason my guy didn't stay in bounds is because he was interfered with, and I want you to review it you big dummies"

Cleve
10-25-2010, 06:20 AM
I noticed last night that the officials called a touchdown for a Green Bay player who was less 'in bounds' in the end zone than Corner was when he was allegedly 'out of bounds'.

Oh, and that touchdown made the difference in that game, too. Packers won by 4 points.

The officials also tried to take another touchdown away from the Vikings - although the aforementioned touchdown was NEVER reviewed, the officials reviewed a catch by Shiancoe that was clearly a complete catch in the endzone - and somehow decided that the catch wasn't a catch after all - that the 'ground' caused the catch. I think that ridiculous ruling hurt the Vikings too - they had to settle for 3 instead of 7.

I didn't stay up for the end of the game, but apparently the Vikings got ANOTHER touchdown overturned that would have won the game for them with 48 seconds to go.

Some of the worst officiating this weekend in the NFL I have ever seen. The league should start an investigation to see whether some of these 'officials' are taking payola. Looks like the Officials beat the Vikings, not the Packers. Same can be said for the Bills - the Officials beat the Bills, not the Baltimore Ravens.

Michael82
10-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Some of the worst officiating this weekend in the NFL I have ever seen. The league should start an investigation to see whether some of these 'officials' are taking payola. Looks like the Officials beat the Vikings, not the Packers. Same can be said for the Bills - the Officials beat the Bills, not the Baltimore Ravens.

This season is the worst officiating that I have seen in a while. I'm shocked how many calls are missed each week and some that are completely wrong.

Michael82
10-25-2010, 08:27 AM
As for the Reggie Corner interception. Coach Sal said it correctly. The NFL took the force out part of the rule out of the rulebook, but they added something that should have been enforced....

A receiver now must get two feet inbounds unless he actually is carried out of bounds by a defender after catching the ball

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3325273

jamze132
10-25-2010, 09:35 AM
No doubt about it, the ref's did not do an admirable job today, but I wonder how the game would have ended if Whitner could catch a ball. :idunno:

He'll never get a giftwrapped pick-6 like that again.

Cleve
10-25-2010, 10:12 AM
As for the Reggie Corner interception. Coach Sal said it correctly. The NFL took the force out part of the rule out of the rulebook, but they added something that should have been enforced....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3325273

Corners would have clearly been in bounds had not the defender literally dragged him out of bounds with his arms wrapped around him.

Again, were these officials deliberating trying to change the outcome of the game? It should be investigated. We've got this outrage, we've got the Vikings game, AND the Dolphins/Steelers game with highly questionable/ridiculous calls that changed the outcome/score of the game. It's either clear incompetence, OR deliberate malfeasance on the part of the officials. Either scenario should be investigated by the league.

Novacane
10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
No doubt about it, the ref's did not do an admirable job today, but I wonder how the game would have ended if Whitner could catch a ball. :idunno:

He'll never get a giftwrapped pick-6 like that again.

Even if he does he'll just drop it again

Thief
10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
They can't call interference off of replay.Understood, but they should make an exception when the guy would have CLEARLY landed in bounds had he not been interfered with. I know an exception can't be made on the fly, but it should be revised in the offseason in regards to being out of bounds. I mean, for Christ sakes, Corner caught that ball like 6 feet inside the end zone.

Thief
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3325273OMG, how was that not enforced? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Umpire :" after further review the defender was inbounds but no one called a pass interferance which it should have been. So one of our numbnuts refs screwed that up to begin with. If we give it to the bills, raven fans are gonna get pissed and we're here in Baltimore so give it to them and we get out of here alive "

Yasgur's Farm
10-25-2010, 11:29 AM
The INT is a bad rule but was called right. If steroid boy had not fumbled we'd be saying progress was not stopped because our line was pushing him forward for 2-3 more yards. Nelson should have held onto the ball. Loser players make loser plays.I agree the calls were within the realm of correct. I'm tired of whiners thinking the whole world's against us.

Obviously the Nelson fumble was not a biased call... If the ref wanted to bone us, they would have blown the whistle early instead of not at all. It's unfortunate Nelson fumbled, but it's not because there's a conspiracy.

Cleve
10-25-2010, 04:40 PM
OMG, how was that not enforced? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even worse, how was this rule not referenced during the review? Anyone reading that rule, with even a rudimentary comprehension of the written English language would immediately conclude that Corners indeed had a legitimate interception. That's even if the reviewer chooses to ignore all the other aspects of the play (missed offensive pass interference, Corner's elbow touching the ground in-bounds, etc)

dplus47
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Nobody is against Buffalo; they're just not for Buffalo. The NFL has a sort of "paper, scissors, rock" mentality about enforcing the rules, it seems. It's why the Ravens get jobbed by the refs against some teams and they get help against some other teams. The Steelers are like the "joker" in this, though, because they get help against all teams.

/only 51% sarcasm.