PDA

View Full Version : Why are only some rules enforced?

Schobel94
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
The officials love to enforce every detail of of the smallest bylaw in the fine print of the rules, but when Nelson's forward progress was clearly stopped at the time of the fumble they don't even bother to review it, I don't get it. I hate referees. I don't mind losing, but I hate getting robbed.

JD
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
It was just a fitting end to an otherwise positive Bills football game. They had to find a way to **** us, and they did.

Spiderweb
10-24-2010, 09:05 PM
The officials love to enforce every detail of of the smallest bylaw in the fine print of the rules, but when Nelson's forward progress was clearly stopped at the time of the fumble they don't even bother to review it, I don't get it. I hate referees. I don't mind losing, but I hate getting robbed.

The whistle (forward progress) wasn't blown. It's debatable if it should have been or not.

PromoTheRobot
10-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Chan said the ref explained it to him. Since Nelson was falling forward he was not stopped. Actually blame the players behind him pushing him forward. If it weren't for them, he would have been considered stopped.

PTR

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-25-2010, 04:29 AM
I actually don't mind that call, it was a judgement call, I really need an explanation as to why that interception in the endzone isn't an interception. I know what they called, I just don't understand why that rule is in place. If a corner pushes a WR out of bounds, the refs can call it a touchdown.

jamze132
10-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Yeah, the non-INT was a horrible call. Check out Reggie's elbow too.

McBFLO
10-25-2010, 09:39 AM
If a corner pushes a WR out of bounds, the refs can call it a touchdown.
No they can't. That rule is gone. Ya gotta have 2 feet (or 1 elbow, etc.) in bounds in order for it to be a catch. Yesterday, that was an INT.

T-Long
10-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah the push out rule is gone. You have to come down in bounds. If you are pushed out by a corner or receiver, it will be ruled incomplete.

Ickybaluky
10-25-2010, 09:44 AM

It was non-reviewable. The whistle is either blown or not, you can't review whether it should have been.

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Chan said the ref explained it to him. Since Nelson was falling forward he was not stopped. Actually blame the players behind him pushing him forward. If it weren't for them, he would have been considered stopped.

PTR
although it makes sense , I sometimes wonder that if the ball wasn't stripped, the refs would have blown the whistle early and mark the forward progress short of a 1st down if we needed a 1st down on that play that would end the game.

It's just how it is in buffalo football. We get the short end of the stick.

JD
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah, the non-INT was a horrible call. Check out Reggie's elbow too.
EXACTLY. I posted this immediately on twitter, his right elbow touched IN BOUNDS. Epic Ref Fail.

http://rubmint.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/d39f6_epic-fail-ref-fail.jpg

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
I didn't know the NFL abolished the force out rule, that is news to me. What happens if a corner jumps in the air, intercepts a pass, lands on a fallen wide receiver who happens to be laying completely out of bounds, then jumps off of the WRs back into the endzone with both feet in, interception?

Extremebillsfan247
10-25-2010, 07:00 PM
[quote=Schobel94]The officials love to enforce every detail of of the smallest bylaw in the fine print of the rules, but when Nelson's forward progress was clearly stopped at the time of the fumble they don't even bother to review it, I don't get it. I hate referees. I don't mind losing, but I hate getting robbed.[quote]
That play would have been controversial no matter which way it went. If we would've kept the ball, won the game, Ravens would be talking about the exact same play about how Nelson was falling forward etc. But it doesn't really matter. It's like Gailey said, we had plenty of chances in that game to put it away and we slipped up. Good teams find ways and bad ones don't. We have have a bad football team right now.

imbondz
10-25-2010, 07:07 PM
That play would have been controversial no matter which way it went. If we would've kept the ball, won the game, Ravens would be talking about the exact same play about how Nelson was falling forward etc.

mmmmmm. doubtful. if the whistle blew before the ball was stripped like it would have been in 99.999999% of every other game, it wouldn't even have been talked about.

Extremebillsfan247
10-25-2010, 07:19 PM
mmmmmm. doubtful. if the whistle blew before the ball was stripped like it would have been in 99.999999% of every other game, it wouldn't even have been talked about.The fact is though that the whistle wasn't blown, so that made it a live football. Good players like Ray Lewis notice things like that and bad ones don't. JMO

PromoTheRobot
10-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Why do cops only pullover some speeders?

PTR