PDA

View Full Version : Cordaro Howard

Mahdi
10-24-2010, 04:09 PM
I loved what I saw from this guy in preseason and he had a very solid game today against one of the top pass rush teams in the league. He pretty much shut down his side of the line.

I think we have a RT. To be fair the whole line played a good football game. Bell in particular.

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 04:11 PM
The tackles played extremely well today...I'm very encouraged.

Novacane
10-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Very happy with how the line played. I would like to punch Hangartner for throwing his helmet though. We can't have stupid plays like that.

Mahdi
10-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I didn't even hear Ngata's name today. Props to the interior too I guess.

RoscoeMagic
10-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Big ups oline. Big ups entire offense. Everyone looked good from Evans to David Nelson. Bye Cornell.

500 yards of offense against the Ravens D, can't nitpick on the Hangartner penalty or the S. Nelson fumble. Big holes for Freddy and CJ too.

Now he and the rest of the line needs to do it again next week.

Bangarang
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Excellent game by our offensive line. I thought for sure Fitz was going to get killed coming into the game. It looks like some of our young guys are benefiting quite well from getting more and more reps.

SquishDaFish
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
I agree line played real well today. Did not hear Ngata name called like it was over and over last week

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Excellent game by our offensive line. I thought for sure Fitz was going to get killed coming into the game. It looks like some of our young guys are benefiting quite well from getting more and more reps.

That's why I never understood why Jauron didn't play his young guys and let them get more reps to improve? It so simple, yet so complicated for Dickey...

tampabay25690
10-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Great play by the OLINE....
Its obvious we need to REVAMP this Defense........AWFUL they are

kingJofNYC
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah, Ngata was a ghost.

Nighthawk
10-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Great play by the OLINE....
Its obvious we need to REVAMP this Defense........AWFUL they are

I totally agree, Yoda...

YardRat
10-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Good game by the o-line...nice protection, decent holes (especially in the first half), only one sack given up to Lewis and I don't even remember seeing it.

Slim
10-24-2010, 04:36 PM
The blitz pickup was great today.

justasportsfan
10-24-2010, 05:15 PM
the ol played it's best in years. Hopefully we'll have another bye this week.

Dujek
10-24-2010, 05:17 PM
I thought the entire offense was solid, and we got production out of every sector. Some receptions for the TEs, big yards for our top 3 receivers, decent yardage on the ground, an impressive passing display from Fitzpatrick and some very impressive protection and lead blocking from the offensive line. Even Corey McIntyre was making plays with the ball in his hands.

Slim
10-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I thought the entire offense was solid, and we got production out of every sector. Some receptions for the TEs, big yards for our top 3 receivers, decent yardage on the ground, an impressive passing display from Fitzpatrick and some very impressive protection and lead blocking from the offensive line. Even Corey McIntyre was making plays with the ball in his hands.

Not to get off topic but I don't remember Roscoe getting 8 catches today.

patmoran2006
10-24-2010, 09:03 PM
I interviewed Cordaro at length this evening. Will have something posted sometime either Monday afternoon or Tuesday early morning.

BillsWin
10-24-2010, 09:27 PM
I credit Chan Gailey for finding a game plan that not only played to our strengths, but exploited the Ravens secondary.

But yes, props to our o-line. They blocked real well. Play calling can also help with that.

TigerJ
10-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Fitz was still off target on a few throws, but given the number of passes he threw, I can't fault him much for that. If he throws it enough times, even Peyton Manning is going to have a few mulligans. The Bills are starting to look like they have an NFL offense. I suppose we should have known the defense would struggle with the scheme change and all that. I do think the Bills are going to win a few games in the back half of the season. I just hope there is a 2011 season so the Bills can build on the foundation they are creating this season.

bigbub2352
10-24-2010, 10:26 PM
i was very impressed with howard...cornell green needs to stay on the bench...hang played well to

TigerJ
10-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Since the thread is on Howard, I suppose I should comment on him. If the line works with the present configuration, Gailey would be an idiot to pull Howard once Green is healthy. Howard is our new starter ar RT, and Bell seems solid at LT. Wow! It feels good to say that!

SeatownBillsFan21
10-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Very happy with how the line played. I would like to punch Hangartner for throwing his helmet though. We can't have stupid plays like that.
I am going to disagree here we all say this team shows no emotion well he was pretty pissed at that point when Nelson fumbled that was the game and he knew it no excuse but wouldn't have altered the result IMO.

starrymessenger
10-25-2010, 12:12 PM
I am going to disagree here we all say this team shows no emotion well he was pretty pissed at that point when Nelson fumbled that was the game and he knew it no excuse but wouldn't have altered the result IMO.Actually it could have altered the result. The kick was only just within the right goal post and tending right. Add fifteen yards and the same kick is no good. No excuse for a veteran player doing that at a critical moment in the game.
As for Howard, he did ok. Got turned right around three or four times and looks vulnerable to the speedrush. Much more athletic than Green though and should start ahead of him IMO. Probably projects better at guard than tackle.

Pinkerton Security
10-25-2010, 12:25 PM
i logged on here today looking to see if anyone had created a thread giving props to Howard...if not, I was going to make one. This was a legit D we played with a very good front 7 and we handled them. I am encouraged.