PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from today's game

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2010, 04:12 PM
#1) How was that Corner INT ruled incomplete? Are you telling me that if you land on a player who's in bounds, you aren't in bounds? If that's the rule, it's ******ed.

#2) How was the Nelson play not ruled dead?

SquishDaFish
10-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I agree FL

MikeInRoch
10-24-2010, 04:13 PM
1) It's Buffalo.

2) It's Buffalo.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Buffalo or not, lol, a rule is a rule. The Nelson play is pure judgemental, I guess, but I can't wait to see the NFL's explanation on the Corner call.

MikeInRoch
10-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Seriously, tho - as far as #1 - I believe that it is the right call, however, his right elbow was on the ground. So he was down before going out of bounds. Having said that... I don't know what the rule is if you are touching a guy who is touching out of bounds.

On #2, I've seen that whistled a quicker than it was then, but I've seen it not get whistled too. Just unlucky I think.

Bangarang
10-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Bad teams don't get calls like that on the road.

Buddo
10-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I thought his elbow may have been down as well.
I believe the rule is that if you are on another players body, it doesn't count, so that was (sort of) fair enough.
The biggest problem I had with that call, was the lack of a flag for offensive pass interference. There was a pretty obvious reason why Corner had to catch the ball one handed to start with, and that was because Boldin was pulling his other arm back - badly.
I think the 'forward progress' call, was also missing, but it's a very close thing. Nelson was stopped, and then Lewis gets hold of the ball, and starts to rip it away. The problem there, was that the Bills came in at that point and tried to drive Nelson further forward - and were succeeding in doing so when Lewis stripped the ball. There was only a very small 'window' for the zebras to blow the play dead in.
Where there might be more of an argument, is in the details. I'm not sure what ruling might be applied, in respect of the fact that when Nelson was briefly stopped, he was also picked up by the ravens D. It might be that as soon as his feet are off the floor like that, the play should have been whistled dead at that point.
Something else that would have been interesting, would have been where the ball would have been spotted, if Nelson had hung onto it, and the Bills O-Line had pushed him another few yards on down the field.

Oaf
10-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Did we get robbed on the Corner play? (honest question)

We sure did when Whitner dropped ANOTHER easy pick. And then gave up 2-3 TD's.

On the fwd progress, they certainly stopped him but our own team started surging him forward so they held off since there's no such thing as backwards progress.

zone
10-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Yea, both calls unbelievable... any other team any other game a player is lifted in the air for 5 secs the whistle is blown. The INT forget about it, that will make me crazy for the entire week.

YardRat
10-24-2010, 04:45 PM
The int was almost like a force out, which the rule was changed for this year. Last year, I think you've got an argument that Corner would've been down without the contact.

Forward progress would've been called differently also, if he wasn't being pushed ahead by the o-lineman.

Electrici
10-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Both feet never hit the ground with possession, he was on top of another player and when he rolled off, he was out of bounds. Same thing if a running back is going for the endzone if he's on top of players but still moving forward, he wouldn't be down until his forward progress was stopped or knee was on the ground.

On the second play, had Nelson held on to the ball, he would have gained 5+ yards since it was his team mates that were pushing him forward. Had he not been pushed forward the play prolly would have been blown dead.

Both were the right calls based on the rules. Sucks but that's what it is.

MikeInRoch
10-24-2010, 04:52 PM
If it only took his feet being down, perhaps. His right elbow came down in bounds. That's my beef.

BillsWin
10-24-2010, 04:56 PM
It's bull****.

Slim
10-24-2010, 04:59 PM
If it only took his feet being down, perhaps. His right elbow came down in bounds. That's my beef.

I'm pretty sure 1 elbow= 2 feet.

Michael82
10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Definite Bull****! The refs were horrible today!

MikeInRoch
10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty sure 1 elbow= 2 feet.

Not today.

Buddo
10-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Thinking about it, as soon as Nelson was off the ground, the whistle should have gone. You cannot make forward progress if your feet ain't on the floor. There was probably at least a couple of seconds where that was the case. Bad officiating.