X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Because the Bills suck, nobody cares about the terrible calls

No offensive pass interference call in the end zone. Just some ridiculous calls all culminating in that complete bull**** fumble in overtime. Anyone who expects a player to hold onto the ball when two guys are holding him up while another rips the ball out is an idiot.

No the officials didn't win the game for them, but it was close.
  • theanswer74
    • Apr 2004

Re: Because the Bills suck, nobody cares about the terrible calls

Technically i think its a penalty to push a ball carrier from behind like our OL did, Im not sure.

I dont have a huge issue with the refs. Could have been blown dead, they didnt.

The Corner INT is a stupid rule.
    Last edited by theanswer74; 10-24-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by theanswer74
      Technically i think its a penalty to push a ball carrier from behind like our OL did, Im not sure.

Yes it is a penalty, but it is never called. It happens every week. Just like offensive pass interference happens all the time too.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by theanswer74

No, it's not...

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          No, it's not...
          Yes it is. You cannot push your own player forward. The way they get around it is that many times, players push the guys holding the ball carrier forward, and that is never called. But it is the same thing.

Just read the story on ESPN and they mention what a great play Lewis made and how Lewis ripped the ball away for a fumble recovery and how great Lewis is.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

I don't care. It is not about the refs. The refs do not win or lose games.

And it is illegal to assist a runner by pushing him
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

The Bills got whored on the Corner INT and the Nelson fumble. The personal foul on Handgartner was outside the spirit of the rules too - gave b-more the game.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

I disagree. The penalty on Handgartner was completely inside the spirit of the rules.
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• dog14787
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Thurmal
                  The Bills got whored on the Corner INT and the Nelson fumble. The personal foul on Handgartner was outside the spirit of the rules too - gave b-more the game.
                  Had the league force out rule not been reversed the INT would have counted. This is an instance where a player clearly made in INT before going out of bounds.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

no I thought it was ridiculous. Every single other game a whistle would have been blown for forward progress stopped.

the INT not called in the endzone was ridiculous
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Actually Sal said it correctly. The NFL took the force out part of the rule out of the rulebook, but they added something that should have been enforced today....

A receiver now must get two feet inbounds unless he actually is carried out of bounds by a defender after catching the ball
                      NFL owners concluded their annual meeting owners with quick passages of several proposals and by tabling the re-seeding idea for the playoffs.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

I'm sorry, but I didn't see Reggie Corner pushed out. I saw him carried/dragged out of bounds before he was able to get his foot down.

Comment

• Cleve
                          • Oct 2004

An obvious problem with the Corner interception call....somehow the official was able to see, evaluate, and judge all these subtleties of Corner's body position, and the Baltimore player's body position in order to rule it wasn't an interception BUT...

He sees all these little nuances, but completely misses the BLATANT offensive pass interference? If that isn't a clear example of illegitimate and biased officiating I'm not sure what is.

There should be an investigation to make sure this official isn't taking payola for throwing the game or working the point spread.
                          Last edited by Cleve; 10-24-2010, 05:45 PM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                          per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

Did everything go great with t he refs ? no. However I don't feel bad about the game from that perspective.
                            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• dog14787
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by imbondz
                              no I thought it was ridiculous. Every single other game a whistle would have been blown for forward progress stopped.

the INT not called in the endzone was ridiculous

Something the league may want to look into, but by rule the call was correct and they already tried changing it once.

Part of a DB or defensive players defense against the reception is not allowing the receiver the ability to come down in bounds. When roles are reversed the same thing goes for the would be player intercepting the ball and the WR becomes the player trying for the force out .

Comment

Working...
                              X