PDA

View Full Version : Defense not to Blame

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
I was impressed with our rush D today. I figured it would have been alot worse. I like what i saw with Poz. He was all over the field. Whitner even had some spark in him. Dwan Edwards was exceptional as well to.
Now I know we don't have the biggest names on D. I just think the DC is where the blame should be placed. Everyone is forgetting the transition to 3-4. All of those things take time.

justasportsfan
10-24-2010, 05:19 PM
lol. so who's to blame? qb?

Slim
10-24-2010, 05:21 PM
I was impressed with our rush D today. I figured it would have been alot worse. I like what i saw with Poz. He was all over the field. Whitner even had some spark in him. Dwan Edwards was exceptional as well to.
Now I know we don't have the biggest names on D. I just think the DC is where the blame should be placed. Everyone is forgetting the transition to 3-4. All of those things take time.

When the Ravens actually ran the ball they pretty much stuffed it down our throats. The defense did get some big stops today though .

Honestly I pretty much disagree with everything you said.

more cowbell
10-24-2010, 05:23 PM

Uhhhhhh....what? They gave up 30+ points AGAIN and are without a doubt the worst defense in the entire league.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2010, 05:25 PM
BT, do you actually watch the games, or just offer your 12 year old opinion?

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I simply am stating that i wasn't screaming my damn head off the whole game at our defense for the 1st time. That goes for something..

seanbillsfan
10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
The D looked good but only by default. It was TOs that killed us. I was initially upset after the game obviously but wow our offense looked good against arguably the best D in the league

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 05:32 PM
BT, do you actually watch the games, or just offer your 12 year old opinion?

Do you actually read my posts? Or do you just attack my posts because im younger than you? Thats very mature of you.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Do you actually read my posts? Or do you just attack my posts because im younger than you? Thats very mature of you.
We scored 34 points and gained 500 yards against one of the best Ds in the NFL. Fitz had a tremendous performance. Our D was a little better, but still gave up 37. Yet you rip Fitz and praise our D.

I just wonder if you actually saw the game.

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 05:57 PM
I rip Fitz to make a point to the people screaming how great he is. I praise the D for exceeding my expectations.

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Giving up 37 points and they're not to blame?

:rofl:

You're not winning many games giving up 30+ every Sunday.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2010, 06:44 PM
I wasn't screaming at the Defense either. Not because I was impressed with their play, because I'm tired of screaming.

Anyone who thinks the Defense isn't the reason for every single Bills loss, except the Dolphins game, is a moron.

Crisis
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
they did have some good stops (baltimore's last possession in regulation, first in OT) where the dick jauron defenses would've got run all over...but pointing out their positives is kind of like looking for the positives in a nuclear war....30+ 5 straight weeks is pathetic and completely embarassing.

cocamide
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM

The 'spark' from Whitner was him getting burned three times.

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
they did have some good stops (baltimore's last possession in regulation, first in OT) where the dick jauron defenses would've got run all over...but pointing out their positives is kind of like looking for the positives in a nuclear war....30+ 5 straight weeks is pathetic and completely embarassing.

Right, I should have pointed the positives out, not taking the blame of of them

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Right, I should have pointed the positives out, not taking the blame of of them

So, you agree, they are the reason Buffalo lost?

Buffalo Thriller
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
They ARE the reason we gave up 30+ points. The refs cheated us more than anything

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2010, 07:08 PM
:rofl:

DesertFox24
10-24-2010, 07:14 PM
I wasn't screaming at the Defense either. Not because I was impressed with their play, because I'm tired of screaming.

Anyone who thinks the Defense isn't the reason for every single Bills loss, except the Dolphins game, is a moron.

Could not have said it any better.

This is why I say we draft defense if Fitz plays well rest of the season.

Also why is Stroud playing end and not Carrington. Why is Carrington inactive he needs to play.

I did think Moats played well should have got credit for two half sacks.

mrbojanglezs
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
defense IS to blame

ChristopherWalken
10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I actually was impressed with play from Whitner and Poz today. I hope it means they finally realized who they're expected to be and they've turned the corner.

Crisis
10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
from whitner????? what game were you watching?

poz was mediocre

ChristopherWalken
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm one of the most critical Whitner bashers around these parts and monitor his every move. This is the best game I have seen out of him this year.

Poz was all over the damn field. I admit, he can't shed a block to save his life, but he doesn't stop or slow down. He finishes a play and I think it worked well in his favor today. Looked like the top Penn State tackler we had expected.

Perfect? No - but better. Don't get me wrong, I still think the defense is still crap. I'm just noticing better plays out of these guys.

dasaybz
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
This D is easily the worst in the league. The OP apparently is new at watching football because the D out there today was absolutely pathetic.

Edwards should be fired immediately. We had no pass rush at all and our DLine was getting pushed off the ball on every single snap.

dasaybz
10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I actually was impressed with play from Whitner and Poz today. I hope it means they finally realized who they're expected to be and they've turned the corner.
Whitner was easily the worst player on the field today. What would have possibly been impressed by? His sliding past the running back and completely whiffing on 3rd down? Or getting abused for 3 TDs? Both were equally impressive.

RoscoeMagic
10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Buddy Nix is to blame for putting this defense together.

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 08:58 PM
This D is on pace to be statistically the WORST defense in the history of the NFL.

They are now on pace to give up 528 points, an average of 33 per game.

Spiderweb
10-24-2010, 09:00 PM

Whitner had some spark in him? What I saw of him was a butterfingered toast.

RoscoeMagic
10-24-2010, 09:07 PM
This D is on pace to be statistically the WORST defense in the history of the NFL.

They are now on pace to give up 528 points, an average of 33 per game.
Why throw around the "on pace" when it's in your favor?

How about Steve Johnson's "on pace" stats? Disadvantageous for your argument, therefore you will ignore it.

Yeah our defense is horrible, but some folks gotta chill with the hypocrisy.

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Why throw around the "on pace" when it's in your favor?

How about Steve Johnson's "on pace" stats? Disadvantageous for your argument, therefore you will ignore it.

Yeah our defense is horrible, but some folks gotta chill with the hypocrisy.

Steve Johnson is on pace for 67 catches 992 yards 13 TDs.

What's disadvantageous about it?

Outside of the TDs that's average number 2 WR numbers.

RoscoeMagic
10-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Steve Johnson is on pace for 67 catches 992 yards 13 TDs.

What's disadvantageous about it?

Outside of the TDs that's average number 2 WR numbers.

Yeah and outside of the points, our Ds been average.

Haters gonna hate.
:yle::yle::yle::yle:

Mr. Pink
10-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah and outside of the points, our Ds been average.

Haters gonna hate.
:yle::yle::yle::yle:

Or outside the fact we're 32nd against the run on top of the points allowed problem.

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2010, 12:33 AM
this defense is so ****ing bad.

Ingtar33
10-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Could not have said it any better.

This is why I say we draft defense if Fitz plays well rest of the season.

Also why is Stroud playing end and not Carrington. Why is Carrington inactive he needs to play.

I did think Moats played well should have got credit for two half sacks.

god no... i don't know if you remember or not... but John Kitna put up a few fantastic seasons for some crappy teams... and never won anything.

Right now Fitz is basically John Kitna in my mind. He's good sometimes and atrociously bad others

G Wolly
10-25-2010, 01:02 AM
That second Heap TD when he had Whitner and Florence on either side of him summed up the ****tiness.

Bangarang
10-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Here's a scenario.

-Luck does not declare.
-The Bills have the #1 pick in the NFL draft.
-It rains on draft day.
-Ralph Wilson Jr. is still alive.
-Chan's favorite color is orange.

Who do the Bills take with the #1 pick?

clumping platelets
10-25-2010, 01:07 AM
1st rd - defense
2nd rd - defense
3rd rd - defense
4th rd - both defense
5th rd - defense
6th rd - defense
7th rd - defense

Done

G Wolly
10-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Here's a scenario.

-Luck does not declare.
-It rains on draft day.

Trick question, Ralph will be dead.

Bangarang
10-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Trick question, Ralph will be dead.

I can see why you get paid the big bucks around here. :beers:

Crisis
10-25-2010, 01:15 AM
we should just take a QB with every pick...one of them is bound to work out right??

Mr. Pink
10-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Here's a scenario.

-Luck does not declare.
-It rains on draft day.

They trade down.

clumping platelets
10-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Trade down would not be a bad option........we need a LOT of help on defense especially speed and physicality. The offense really needs a pair of reliable OT's and stud TE. I would also like to see a FB that can pass block, be a threat to run the ball, and a weapon as a receiver out of the backfield.

Crisis
10-25-2010, 02:35 AM
if there's no consensus #1 overall pick what makes people think we'd have someone willing to trade up into our slot??