PDA

View Full Version : Extend Fitz.

BillsWin
10-24-2010, 05:33 PM
To groom our first round pick in the draft.

It is unlikely that this Bills team will pass on the top QB if we are in position to take him.

But I think what Fitz has shown is encouraging. If I were the GM, I'd extend Fitz, draft our future guy and allow him to sit behind Ryan until we figure out our defensive woes.

I think it is apparent that Fitz was made for Chan's offense. His 11 TDs and only 4 INTs in just four games is something we haven't seen in years.

If everyone was getting a hard on for Trent in 2008 because of 4 TD and 2 INT through four games, then Fitz should be in the Bills' hall of fame.

I think if the Bills truly are intent on a first round QB, like Ralph said they are, then they are in good hands with Fitz next year as not only a veteran starter, but a solid back up when the rookie does take over.

Good game today. One of the most exciting football games I've seen in a long time. Too bad we lost...

Buddo
10-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Do we actually need to extend him this year? Does he have another year left?
I don't think we can afford to pay him as a 'starter', but as things stand, he's an above average backup, who deserves decent money.
The rest of the 'plan' I agree with btw.
We still probably need to pick up another capable OT, but aside from that and QB, the next draft could be all D.
If the O-Line plays like they did today, for most of the rest of the year, we might even get away with what we have on the roster, and just draft QB then D.

tampabay25690
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree with most of what you say.
I think this all depends on what LUCK does does he stay or does he go.....

WHy not draft a STUD Defensive guy in the 1st and draft a QB in the 2nd?I was all for a QB in the 1st but now Im thinking that isn't our 1st need to get this turned around..........Are Defense is TERRIBLE......

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2010, 06:17 PM
I agree with most of what you say.
I think this all depends on what LUCK does does he stay or does he go.....

WHy not draft a STUD Defensive guy in the 1st and draft a QB in the 2nd?I was all for a QB in the 1st but now Im thinking that isn't our 1st need to get this turned around..........Are Defense is TERRIBLE......
No no no.

There are not many QB classes with this ability. With the first pick of all players, it almost has to be a QB.

If they wait until the 2nd round, I guess I will hope for Ponder but Luck would be a no brainer if he is there.

superbills
10-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Best defensive player in round 1 and Nick Foles in round 2. Book it.

YardRat
10-24-2010, 06:24 PM
No no no.

There are not many QB classes with this ability. With the first pick of all players, it almost has to be a QB.

If they wait until the 2nd round, I guess I will hope for Ponder but Luck would be a no brainer if he is there.

That depends on who declares.

If nobody comes out early, you've got Locker and a bunch of second round talent to choose from anyway.

baalworship
10-24-2010, 06:42 PM
I think it is becoming more obvious that everyone was WRONG on how good Fitz is. Am I saying that he is a franchise QB? Not yet but to say his ceiling is a backup seems more like a guess rather than a fact.

This leagues is full of 1st round busts and late round gems. Fitz is a football player. Let's see how the rest of this year plays out.

trapezeus
10-24-2010, 08:50 PM
fitz is a warrior and a smart player. i like him starting next year and grooming a new guy.

dannyek71
10-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Fitzy is a great long term backup. Very smart, no drama. Can come in and spot start when needed.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-24-2010, 09:50 PM
I totally agree, go defense with the first two picks and then take Devlin in the 3rd. Our D needs 3 new linebackers and a safety.

elltrain22
10-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Great idea, and being a Harvard guy, you'd think he'd be a great teacher.