• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

I'm proud of our guys

We all expected a Ravens blowout and they barely beat us.

Fitz played off his head. All of our WRs showed up. The OL played very well. A Spiller sighting was made. Gailey called a good(if not perfect) game.

We had the usual slew of calls against us.

We're on the right track.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: I'm proud of our guys

They still lost.

And "the usual slew of calls against us." is not what the loss was all about
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
      They still lost.

No that is exactly what the loss was about. That interception in the endzone that was not called an interception changed the game.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Turnovers.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

They still lost.

So you expected a win?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by madmaxwell
            So you expected a win?
            No.

But wins get credit and praise. Losses do not.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

No.

But wins get credit and praise. Losses do not.
              I'm going to go ahead and be proud of this performance. At this point in my fanhood I know wins are going to be scarce so illl take solace where I can find it.

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

sorry, but this was the funnest Bills game i've watched in a long while. Still disappointing, but before where I saw no hope, I at least saw flickers of hope today. Fitzpatrick played great, Evans made great catches, dropped a catchable pass at a horrible time, the o-line as a whole played ok, tho I give more credit to Fitz for getting the ball out quick. Thought Jackson played very well, getting tough yards. Spiller is a rookie and made a rookie mistake. Gailey looked excited on the sidelines, and called a great game, overall, great game against one of the best teams in the league.
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i said at the beginning of the season, i said that i'd be ok with a bad season as long as it was entertaining. Today was entertaining. i knew at 24-10 that we weren't going to win, but it was just fun to know we had harbaugh by the short and curly's. he looked so confused.

we're a bad team that gave a good team a heart attack. the ravens still can't be happy that they needed overtime. this season is what it is. if we have to watch 10 more games like that and lose them all, versus watching games like the jets where not a single thing goes our way, i'd take 10 of these ravens games.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

They still lost.

you can say that as many times as you want, in as many threads as you want but some of those ****ty calls sure as **** didn't help them

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

We all expected a Ravens blowout and they barely beat us.

Fitz played off his head. All of our WRs showed up. The OL played very well. A Spiller sighting was made. Gailey called a good(if not perfect) game.

We had the usual slew of calls against us.

We're on the right track.
                      I'm so sick of giving this credit for effort and "almosts." I refuse to give credit for anything other than results.

Being proud after a loss is a bi-product of a decade of losing. Saints, Patriots, Colts or Steelers fans would never say something like this.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

I'm going to go ahead and be proud of this performance. At this point in my fanhood I know wins are going to be scarce so illl take solace where I can find it.
                        The fact that we have some talent on this team after all is something to be encouraged by. Winning is not the main goal this season, it is development and internal competition.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I'm so sick of giving this credit for effort and "almosts." I refuse to give credit for anything other than results.

Being proud after a loss is a bi-product of a decade of losing. Saints, Patriots, Colts or Steelers fans would never say something like this.
                          Proud is probably the wrong word, but I think we should at least be encouraged by our performance yesterday.

It appears that our young OTs are developing, along with Johnson and Nelson at WR. Thus, we don't appear to have the critical needs on the O-line and at WR that we thought earlier in the season. Shawn Nelson may be the answer at TE as well.

At least we seem to have fewer holes, and can concentrate on QB and the defense - primarily DL and LB - in building this team.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            Proud is probably the wrong word, but I think we should at least be encouraged by our performance yesterday.

It appears that our young OTs are developing, along with Johnson and Nelson at WR. Thus, we don't appear to have the critical needs on the O-line and at WR that we thought earlier in the season. Shawn Nelson may be the answer at TE as well.

At least we seem to have fewer holes, and can concentrate on QB and the defense - primarily DL and LB - in building this team.
                            I can buy "encouraged."

Nelson needs to block better but he may be the answer as a receiving TE.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

if we only had two weeks to prepare for every game

Comment

Working...
                              X