PDA

View Full Version : Who's the 2nd rated passer in the NFL?

TacklingDummy
10-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Oh yeah, Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Why exactly do the Bills have to waste their first pick on a QB?

I know ratings don't mean anything. How about 11 TD's in 4 games? 2 less than Manning, Rivers, 1 less than Ryan and Rodgers. Oh and with over 100 less pass attempts.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2010, 06:40 AM
Fitz is hardly to blame for the 0-6 start.

More focus should be put on the pathetic defense that can't stop the run or rush the passer or can't cover Tight Ends.

How'd that great pick Maybin and Whitner look yesterday?

zone
10-25-2010, 07:12 AM

I know ratings don't mean anything. How about 11 TD's in 4 games? 2 less than Manning, Rivers, 1 less than Ryan and Rodgers. Oh and with over 100 less pass attempts.
Ratings do mean something, Steve Young talks about it a lot as being one of the most important stats when judging a QB, if your QB has a high passer rating it tells you he is playing well.

Sucks that it's not translating into wins, maybe he should play on the dline, he is pretty tough...

jamze132
10-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Fitz has really suprised me this year. I'm not ready to say we can afford to not draft a QB #1 overall next year, but if Fitz plays like this all season, we don't have a QB emergency and can focus elsewhere.

Dujek
10-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Fitz has really suprised me this year. I'm not ready to say we can afford to not draft a QB #1 overall next year, but if Fitz plays like this all season, we don't have a QB emergency and can focus elsewhere.

Exactly. The glaring needs right now are in the defensive front seven. If there are players for those positions who are worth the picks when the Bills are on the clock then they deserve at least as much consideration, if not more, than the QBs.

ddaryl
10-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I still don't believe in Fitz for the long term. He's a solid stop gap QB for us.

THRILLHO
10-25-2010, 08:19 AM
I think we still draft a QB first. If that rookie turns out to be good, we are in a Philly type situation with McNabb/Kolb/Vick.

mayotm
10-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I think we just need to see how things play out with Fitz for the remainder of the season. If he continues to play at this level, why can't he be the QB of the future? Also, how about some props for the offensive line yesterday. Again, we need to see how the season progresses, but that was an encouraging performance by the offensive line. It sure would be great if the offense could consisently produce for the remainder of the season. That way, they could load up on on the defense in next year's draft.

Historian
10-25-2010, 08:26 AM
I still don't believe in Fitz for the long term. He's a solid stop gap QB for us.

How do you know?

He's been a career backup.

I agree with TD. If he plays this well the rest of the way, (yes, there will be clunkers) I say give him the job and draft D linemen.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2010, 08:41 AM
I agree with TD. If he plays this well the rest of the way, (yes, there will be clunkers) I say give him the job and draft D linemen.
A defense that can stop the run and rush the passer makes the Offense better by putting the ball back in their hands.

Not to bring it up again but that's why the Maybin pick hurts so much.

TrEd FTW
10-25-2010, 08:45 AM
There is no reason to replace Fitz if this keeps up. Keep in mind that's an enormous if.

At this very moment, though, front seven help is definitely a bigger need than quarterback.

mikemac2001
10-25-2010, 09:00 AM

any reason not to draft a QB this year?

you want barkley correct, and i understand what your saying the more fitz plays like this the less likely we will use a top pick on a QB but i sense some other intentions with this post

my other feeling is when was the last chance we could get a franchise QB? what if we pass and fitz regresses and now need a QB and can't score to save our life.

madness
10-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Take it back to the end of last season and he's 1st. He's also tied for 6th with 7.6 yards/attempt which is the telling stat when combined with passer rating.

Fitzpatrick now has a QB rating of 102.0 with 11 TDs, four interceptions, and a completion percentage of 63.9. He will be facing a Kansas City defense that ranks in the bottom of fourth in the league in pass defense, and if the Bills hope to break that goose egg in the win column, they will need to light up the skies over Arrowhead Stadium.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/report

Jan Reimers
10-25-2010, 10:01 AM
How do you know?

And linebackers.

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 10:06 AM
The Eagles' qb situation is not a bad thing. If there's a good potential fanchise qb in the draft , take him. If there's a lock out anyways, then we'll have plenty of top draft picks.

Novacane
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
If he play continues I agree. I don't want to get ahead of myself though. Lets see if he keeps playing well.

ddaryl
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
How do you know?

yes why has he been a career backup ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Glad he is doing well. Lets see how wonderfully well he does in the cold windy winter months.

I think we should appreciate Fitz for what he is, a very capable stop gap, and good mentor for a future franchise arm.

and we can use the rest of the draft and FA for the D...

I'll wait to see how we end the season before I jump on the Fitz is a god bandwagon

Thief
10-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Take it back to the end of last season and he's 1st. He's also tied for 6th with 7.6 yards/attempt which is the telling stat when combined with passer rating.That stat IS combined in a passer rating.

I would like to add that Fitz is actually player better than his passer rating. He makes plays with his feet behind a weak O-line. Too bad there isn't a "QB rating".

TacklingDummy
10-25-2010, 11:05 AM
any reason not to draft a QB this year?

you want barkley correct, and i understand what your saying the more fitz plays like this the less likely we will use a top pick on a QB but i sense some other intentions with this post Yes I want Barkley but if Fitz keeps playing like this the rest of the year and next year I wouldn't want Barkley either.

my other feeling is when was the last chance we could get a franchise QB? what if we pass and fitz regresses and now need a QB and can't score to save our life.If we pass this year and Fitz regresses than there is Barkley in 2012. :winkpunch: Or maybe Luck if he stays.

DraftBoy
10-25-2010, 11:08 AM
What is the most overrated and overabused stat in the NFL? Passer Rating.

That being said I agree with the overall sentiment to let him ride out his hot streak. Id be interested for one of the sabremetrics/stat nerd people to do some studies on his play.

Philagape
10-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Glad he is doing well. Lets see how wonderfully well he does in the cold windy winter months.

His best game last year was on a snowy day in January

Historian
10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm starting to think it was Edwards who was stunting Fitz's development.

djjimkelly
10-25-2010, 01:07 PM

and he might be a great starter for us next season also while we groom our top pick at qb for a season :)

lets say we decide its locker we want maybe fitz starts 2011 and someone new for 2012

djjimkelly
10-25-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm starting to think it was Edwards who was stunting Fitz's development.

i think edwards and jauron ruined qb development here for the last 4 seasons

djjimkelly
10-25-2010, 01:17 PM

and the 2-5 chargers are #1 in O and D

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

so stats are meaningless :)

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 01:25 PM
I think we should start Brohm :tap:

PromoTheRobot
10-25-2010, 01:28 PM
If Fitz is still #2 at year's end, then let's talk.

PTR

Drev8
10-25-2010, 01:30 PM
hey, if he pulls out 5 or 6 wins, the quarterback question might be moot anyway. All the good ones will be gone lol!

mercyrule
10-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Okay, he's not going to pull out 5 or 6 wins.

I'm not convinced his stats will be all that good in the end. We'll see.