• Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Bills First Round Draft Picks

Spiller- 7 rushes for 33 yards, 25 yard ave on returns, one fumble
    Maybin- Healthy scratch
    McKelvin- 2 tackles, beaten bad on the flea flicker (and I seem to recall him getting beat a couple other times too)
    Lynch- Traded
    Whitner- 7 solo tackles, Beaten for at least 2 TD's, abused by the TE's, dropped a pick-6
    McCargo- Did not play.
    Parrish- (technically not a first rounder but our highest pick that year) 8 catches for 49 yards, fumble
    Evans- 6 catches for 105 yards and 3 TD's

We have to go all the way back to 2004 to find a first rounder who contributed yesterday.

Yes, I know, this isn't exactly groundbreaking, but yesterday was a perfect microcosm for why this team can't win. Terrible drafting in the early rounds.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills First Round Draft Picks

Could be the reason why it's been 10+ years.

Don't forget Losman, McGahee, Williams, Clements, and Flowers were 1st rounders.

Comment

• dannyek71
      Drink Responsibly
      • Dec 2004

Nate wasn't a bust. He was good.

He got WAY more than he was worth in SF
      [

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Not to quibble, but Parrish had a nice day with his 8 receptions, and his receiving yardage was significantly reduced by his fumble getting kicked backward about 20 yards. And I still have hope for Spiller and McKelvin.

But there is no doubt that our drafts have been disastrous in the past several years. Maybin was deactivated in favor of Moats - a 6th round pick - and UDFA Coleman. Maybin looks like an Erik Flowers level bust. And McCargo is useless.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

On the other hand, 7th RD picks have been playing pretty well...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            • May 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
            On the other hand, 7th RD picks have been playing pretty well...
            That's the strange thing. We seem to do much better with low round picks and UDFAs, than we do in the higher rounds. Bell and S. Johnson, Howard and D. Nelson. Freddie J., Wilson, etc., etc.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I would say Eric Wood contributed significantly yesterday.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                I would say Eric Wood contributed significantly yesterday.
                He seems to be coming back nicely from his injury.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  That's the strange thing. We seem to do much better with low round picks and UDFAs, than we do in the higher rounds. Bell and S. Johnson, Howard and D. Nelson. Freddie J., Wilson, etc., etc.
                  This is what confuses me about our team. Our scouts hit on late round or udfa but consistently miss on early picks. I think that is more of an indicator that someone is making their own uninformed choices at the top of the draft and listening to the scouts later. I never wanted to be a part of the group that blamed Ralph for everything, but what other explanation is there?

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

This is groundbreaking stuff here!
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• we are
                      • Oct 2008

i dont care what anyone says, mckelvin has had a nice season...everyone still hates him from that fumble.

yeah he got beat on a flea flicker, so did everyone else. it was a perfect play call. he also got beat another time near the end of the game by mason....other than that he was really good. they were picking on florence all game.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Not to quibble, but Parrish had a nice day with his 8 receptions, and his receiving yardage was significantly reduced by his fumble getting kicked backward about 20 yards. And I still have hope for Spiller and McKelvin.

But there is no doubt that our drafts have been disastrous in the past several years. Maybin was deactivated in favor of Moats - a 6th round pick - and UDFA Coleman. Maybin looks like an Erik Flowers level bust. And McCargo is useless.
                        I think it's more that our later round and UDFA guys HAVE to step in because the first rounders and second rounders have busted. Just think if Hardy turned into something we'd never see Steve Johnson on the field. Proves late rounders can play if given the opportunity.
                        Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by we are
                          i dont care what anyone says, mckelvin has had a nice season...everyone still hates him from that fumble.

yeah he got beat on a flea flicker, so did everyone else. it was a perfect play call. he also got beat another time near the end of the game by mason....other than that he was really good. they were picking on florence all game.
                          McKelvin's been warm and cool...all of the corners have.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• we are
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by YardRat
                            McKelvin's been warm and cool...all of the corners have.
                            i was a huge florence fan last year, but this year i dont think ive seen him do anything well.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

Does this organization have a problem using their premium first day picks on the best college conference. SEC ?

Just wondering.

They use their late rd/free agents from there but why not the top of the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X