PDA

View Full Version : Johnson proves he's catching on as reliable receiver

homeslice5484
10-25-2010, 09:00 AM
My boy #13 putting NFL on notice. He's gonna be a star!

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article230078.ece

Johnson proves he's catching on as reliable receiver
Third-year pro has career day

Updated: October 25, 2010, 0:20 AM

BALTIMORE -- Stevie Johnson wasn't very happy with himself after practice Friday. He dropped passes and didn't look like a guy two days from the biggest day of his professional career.

After getting into the locker room, he took to his Twitter account to express his displeasure.

"Wutup World I Jus Got Out Prolly My Worst NFL Practice Ever!" he tweeted. "Thanks GOD 4 Bringin The Rain Here. Now I Can Hide These Tears Behind The Rain."

Suffice it to say, Johnson got that bad practice out of his system with a breakout performance in the 37-34 overtime loss to Baltimore on Sunday. He had career highs with eight catches for 158 yards and scored a touchdown for the fourth consecutive game.

It is the longest TD-scoring streak by a Bills receiver since Lee Evans' four-game run in 2006. The club record is five consecutive games shared by Evans, Eric Moulds and Elbert Dubenion.

Edit: Don't post full articles - thanks.

mikemac2001
10-25-2010, 09:02 AM
are you stevie?

homeslice5484
10-25-2010, 09:04 AM
are you stevie?

Nah but he is a friend of mine. Cool dude for sure.

jamze132
10-25-2010, 09:14 AM
I have been impressed with Johnson so far this year. Hell of a hame yesterday against a damn good defense. Wathcing the slow-mo replays, he made the CB on his TD look like a fool.

TedMock
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
I was very happy with Johnson yesterday. He finally had a good, consistent game. He has shown flashes this year, but he has also dropped 2 or 3 balls every single game and that cannot happen if you're a number two. He was just flat-out not ready to be a number two. Yesterday, though, he made excellent catches. He was excellent in his routes, deceptive while running and made guys miss once he had the ball. Great game. Hopefully he keeps it up. He has the size to play and he's not a burner, but kind of glides with more game-speed than you realize. I really hope he continues to grow and becomes a consistent number two. Good game yesterday and he deserves a lot of credit.

homeslice5484
10-25-2010, 09:25 AM
I have been impressed with Johnson so far this year. Hell of a hame yesterday against a damn good defense. Wathcing the slow-mo replays, he made the CB on his TD look like a fool.

Dude looked like he had shows made of cement on Stevies TD drive. The juke was great

hydro
10-25-2010, 09:26 AM
I understand the enthusiasm but you might want to tone down on the man-love.

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Despite having a bad practice, Fitz still went to him and trusted him to make plays. Trent would have ran the ball out of bounds

EricStratton
10-25-2010, 09:49 AM
One game, no matter how good it was, doesn't prove his value yet.

Do this for the next few weeks and then re-start this thread

YardRat
10-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Takes a lot of confidence to be a good receiver, along with physical skills...Hopefully he can build on yesterday's performance and become a legit consistent threat.

T-Long
10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Great to see Stevie play well yesterday. He looks really smooth out there and complements Evans nicely. Damn, I really enjoyed watching Fitz sling it around all day yesterday.

Bills Juggernaut
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
The only thing that bothered me about him yesterday was the way he pranced out of bouds after nice gains. I didn't like that at all. He could have stayed in and gotten another 3 or 4 yards but was to busy trying to look good at the end of the play.

madness
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
One game, no matter how good it was, doesn't prove his value yet.

Do this for the next few weeks and then re-start this thread

One game? A 7th rounder is on course to tie/break the club record with consecutive TD's... and that's just a taste of his value. The guy continues to improve and it shows up in his game every week. In fact, coaches are raving about his RZ ability saying it's some of the best they've ever seen.

He can get open when he needs to and is already our best receiver at beating the press. He still has a way to go but has come at least twice as far already. Is he a threat opposing defense plan around? No, but that's not the subject of this thread.

EricStratton
10-25-2010, 11:21 AM
One game? A 7th rounder is on course to tie/break the club record with consecutive TD's... and that's just a taste of his value. The guy continues to improve and it shows up in his game every week. In fact, coaches are raving about his RZ ability saying it's some of the best they've ever seen.

He can get open when he needs to and is already our best receiver at beating the press. He still has a way to go but has come at least twice as far already. Is he a threat opposing defense plan around? No, but that's not the subject of this thread.

My point is he needs to do this for a season or so before he is reliable.

He looks to be on the right track but time will tell.

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 12:52 PM
If only we could add a stud TE to our passing game .....

Tatonka
10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
The only thing that bothered me about him yesterday was the way he pranced out of bouds after nice gains. I didn't like that at all. He could have stayed in and gotten another 3 or 4 yards but was to busy trying to look good at the end of the play.

i saw that too.. that **** really bugged me as well.. there were at least 2 times that i clearly remember when he walked out of bounds a good 2-3 yards before he had to.. dude has some size.. punish the db before he tries to hit you.. and get every yard you can.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2010, 01:39 PM
If only we could add a stud TE to our passing game .....
I think Shawn Nelson, if he can stay healthy and stop the illegal substance stuff, could be that guy.

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I think Shawn Nelson, if he can stay healthy and stop the illegal substance stuff, could be that guy.

I hope so too Jan. If Gailey can find a way to get Parrish the ball, we can only hope he can do the same for Nelson.

ParanoidAndroid
10-25-2010, 05:05 PM
That's some awfully good company.... Evans, Moulds and Dubenion.... I'm a bit surprised Reed didn't do it.

djjimkelly
10-25-2010, 05:08 PM
all power to stevie this franchise needs a nice break like him to happen.

hopefully he keeps it up

casdhf
10-25-2010, 06:03 PM
i saw that too.. that **** really bugged me as well.. there were at least 2 times that i clearly remember when he walked out of bounds a good 2-3 yards before he had to.. dude has some size.. punish the db before he tries to hit you.. and get every yard you can.
He's a WR, not a FB. That didn't bother me. And they were both after first downs.

Mad Max
10-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Josh Reed is living vicariously through Stevie, who looks to become the true #2 that Josh was never quite capable of becoming.

we are
10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Josh Reed is living vicariously through Stevie, who looks to become the true #2 that Josh was never quite capable of becoming.

but he was such a good blocker and 3rd down guy :doh: