PDA

View Full Version : If you played for the Bills...

Mahdi
10-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Would you make an alias on Billszone?

YardRat
10-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Depends.

If I were Freddie Jackson, no. If I were Maybin or McCargo definitely.

Hopefully none of them sign up under 1stRoundBust, because we'll still be no closer to figuring out who it is.

RoscoeMagic
10-25-2010, 10:28 AM
If I was a professional athlete, I'd have no idea this site existed.

RockStar36
10-25-2010, 10:35 AM
No way.

Athletes have way more to worry about than what a bunch of nobodies are saying on a message board.

Extremebillsfan247
10-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Would you make an alias on Billszone?I probably would, not just here, but on multiple boards. But then again, if I were a part of a losing ball club, I would shut it out all together.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2010, 10:40 AM
RS, you are ruining the self-inflated image that we message board experts have of ourselves.

Mahdi
10-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I think that I would just to see what is said about me. A lot of these guys are no different than anyone here minus the fact that they make millions. If people were writing stuff about me on a daily basis I would probably be curious.

And these guys have plenty of off-time, most of that is spent on their PCs with their Twitter. I bet a lot of players check out the boards and maybe even post.

dannyek71
10-25-2010, 10:45 AM
No. I'd be home practicing saying "Would you like fries with that"

Jeff1220
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I'll bet Whitner already has one.

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I'll bet Whitner already has one.
buffao thriller AKA ......

YardRat
10-25-2010, 10:50 AM
RS, you are ruining the self-inflated image that we message board experts have of ourselves.

Obviously he wasn't talking about you and I, Jan.

DraftBoy
10-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Hell no.

Why would I care what a bunch of people who dont know the intricacies of the sport I play professionally have to say?

May not be the most PC answer in the world, but do you guys really think the majority of these athletes give a crap about what you or I think about them? As long as we show up/tune in on Sunday's all is well in the world.

trapezeus
10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
can't you view these boards without a name? I probably would look around, but i wouldn't leave a comment. unless someone wrote something slanderous about me and my character. But that usually doesn't happen on this site.

Jeff1220
10-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Hell no.

Why would I care what a bunch of people who dont know the intricacies of the sport I play professionally have to say?

May not be the most PC answer in the world, but do you guys really think the majority of these athletes give a crap about what you or I think about them? As long as we show up/tune in on Sunday's all is well in the world.

I think some of them care more than they say, and more than you would expect.

DraftBoy
10-25-2010, 11:01 AM
I think some of them care more than they say, and more than you would expect.

Im sure some do (whitner and maybin) but I dont think most care and if it was me, I know for a fact I wouldnt care.

In fact I know more than a few players who dont read the paper or any articles about themselves or their current teams because of the opinion I expressed above.

Mahdi
10-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Hell no.

I think the old generation of players don't care, but for the younger guys who have grown up with social media and what not, I think they put more emphasis on it.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Athletes have more free time on their hands than the average Joe. I bet they are on the internet a lot more than the guy who works 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year.

Unless you are a Mr. Mom like BMN. :snicker:

DraftBoy
10-25-2010, 11:18 AM
I think the old generation of players don't care, but for the younger guys who have grown up with social media and what not, I think they put more emphasis on it.

This isn't what I would classify as social media though.

Look at this way, there are millions of Bills fans worldwide who have access to this site if they so choose. But we have how many members here?

I dont even know that many of the players even know we exist.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2010, 11:20 AM
This isn't what I would classify as social media though.

Look at this way, there are millions of Bills fans worldwide who have access to this site if they so choose. But we have how many members here?

Me and FYT pretending to be 5,094.

Since when does the zone have 5,095 members? I remember it was over 10,000 at one point. Did someone clean up the old names that are not active anymore?

ZAZusmc03
10-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I highly doubt many players read forums. I know a ton of die hard fans of all different teams, and I think I'm the only one of my.friends that frequents a forum. I think majority of people watch ESPN and read articles about their team, without ever visiting a forum.

DraftBoy
10-25-2010, 11:24 AM

Me and FYT pretending to be 5,094.

Since when does the zone have 5,095 members? I remember it was over 10,000 at one point. Did someone clean up the old names that are not active anymore?

I forget am I a TD or FYT alias?

TacklingDummy
10-25-2010, 12:53 PM
I forget am I a TD or FYT alias?
FYT is 5093 names

I'm me and Brian Griese Rulz.

djjimkelly
10-25-2010, 01:10 PM
i wouldnt be on message boards but id be schooling people playing madden with my virtual self :)

G Wolly
10-25-2010, 01:12 PM
I'd make a username and apologize to you guys every week.

madness
10-25-2010, 01:17 PM
i wouldnt be on message boards but id be schooling people playing madden with my virtual self :)

:rofl: That's what Steve Johnson does. He even has a public online franchise (fantasy draft) where he has himself leading the league in receiving.

Mad Max
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
I would hope that I would be good enough/integral enough to the team that I wouldn't have the time nor inclination to peruse message boards or twitter.

As an aside, I've dealt with a few Patriots players in my business. Some of them quite often. The thing is these guys were not starters (all except for two), they were all buried deep on the bench.

The true studs, all had their underlings handle their transactions.