I'll probably get crucified for this but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kelly2reed4six
    • Dec 2008

I'll probably get crucified for this but....

could Fitz be heading toward a Matt Schaub type career? Once Schaub finally got a fair shake at the job he proved that he was very good.

Now, before all of the a-hole posters destroy me for this, I'm NOT saying he is ever going to be great; I'm just asking what other peoples opinions are. If you're gonna respond please make sure you pull the stick out of your a$$ first.

Regardless of how Fitz finishes the season, I still want to see us go QB with our pick. If Fitz keeps playing well though, that could be ideal for our situation. I'm not a big fan of seeing rookies come in and start immediately if they don't have to.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: I'll probably get crucified for this but....

He has to consistently play like that to make be believe that is what we need, a franchise qb.

He is however looking like every qb that Gailey's coached , a qb that gradually got better.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

He was much more accurate yesterday. If he keeps that up it is a possibility. He had been so erratic the previous games I watched him I just couldn't see him ever being a consistent starter. He still acts as if he is putting everything he has into passes to just get them there but as long as he is accurate that is all that matters. His decision making is right on the spot.
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• EricStratton
        • Jul 2002

He certainly could be what you describe and could either lead this team or as Atlanta did become a good pick in a trade and we could draft a QB

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jae1986
          could Fitz be heading toward a Matt Schaub type career? Once Schaub finally got a fair shake at the job he proved that he was very good.

Now, before all of the a-hole posters destroy me for this, I'm NOT saying he is ever going to be great; I'm just asking what other peoples opinions are. If you're gonna respond please make sure you pull the stick out of your a$$ first.

Regardless of how Fitz finishes the season, I still want to see us go QB with our pick. If Fitz keeps playing well though, that could be ideal for our situation. I'm not a big fan of seeing rookies come in and start immediately if they don't have to.
          Well Fitz has been like this through out his relatively young career. He has great games in spurts then sputters. We should be 3-3 right now. If Fitz played against Miami with the way he is playing right now, we win that game. We should have beaten New England but we didn't, and we should have won this game. But I'm trying to pinpoint what your getting at here. Do I think he is the future of this team? no, is he a phenomenal QB to have as a backup? definitely. Yesterday doesn't change much about Fitz's prospects for being anything better than a backup in my opinion. He just isn't consistent enough.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Anyone can be anything when given a chance. Brady proves that everyday and Colston and Stevie and Peters and Freddie etc.

The passes Fitz threw yesterday were not to wide open targets. He had great anticipation as well as accuracy and the velocity required to make some amazing throws. Throws the big time Qbs make daily.

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

if fitz finishes the season with 4000 yards and 25 tds with a QBR of 90+ i'll be on board with keeping him, and drafting something else in the 1st round.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                Well Fitz has been like this through out his relatively young career. He has great games in spurts then sputters. We should be 3-3 right now. If Fitz played against Miami with the way he is playing right now, we win that game. We should have beaten New England but we didn't, and we should have won this game. But I'm trying to pinpoint what your getting at here. Do I think he is the future of this team? no, is he a phenomenal QB to have as a backup? definitely. Yesterday doesn't change much about Fitz's prospects for being anything better than a backup in my opinion. He just isn't consistent enough.

Agreed. Even if this guy ends up throwing 30 tds and 3500 yds this year I just can't put my faith in that after watching guys like Derek Anderson fail.

I def. think he would be worth keeping around as the starter next year though so that the young guy we draft can develop instead of being thrown right into the fire.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                  • Sep 2008

Agreed. Even if this guy ends up throwing 30 tds and 3500 yds this year I just can't put my faith in that after watching guys like Derek Anderson fail.

I def. think he would be worth keeping around as the starter next year though so that the young guy we draft can develop instead of being thrown right into the fire.
                  Right, I'm all in favor of him keeping the seat warm while the new QB if we draft one gets acclimated. I have no problems with that, and if Fitz continues on this pace, I would have to say that he has earned it. JMO

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    if fitz finishes the season with 4000 yards and 25 tds with a QBR of 90+ i'll be on board with keeping him, and drafting something else in the 1st round.
                    In this case I would almost rather Luck stay in school so we can get him in 2012.
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

yep.
                      Last edited by Mahdi; 10-25-2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

Well sitting at 102 QBR, 2nd in the league behind Peyton Manning, I would have to say it's pretty impressive considering the teams we have played this year. JMO

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

exactly.

here is what i think happens.

i think fitz will struggle with TOs, especially come winter. He is not a strong armed QB.He won't make all the throws and i think he will level off. We have to see how the next couple weeks go, because a 300+ yard day will have DC game plan you (Fitz) specifically. We have to see how he responds to that.

However, if the line continues to give him time to throw, he's going to make some teams pay. If he has to run around, i think he'll have his good weeks and bad weeks.

I think he's got the brains, and it's so ideal if we can have him play next year with a physically gifted QB learning what he knows.

Look at losman. he had the tools but had bledsoe who wasn't exactly the great mind of seeing blitzers and buying time. Losman didn't learn from bledsoe and he didn't get the coaches to help either. Edwards only had losman to grow from initially and a terrible jauron offense.

Now we have the veteran smart guy who is seemingly durable enough to take the licks that he took the first couple weeks. I'm all for keeping him through the next couple years provided he doesn't edwards out on us and loses his credibility due to a shot to the head.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

If Fitz keeps up this pace, how could you not make him the starter next year? Everyone has been saying that our OL and WR's aren't good enough, but he's making them look pretty good. So if he's being productive with inferior talent, then he deserves even more credit for his play. I never would have predicted I'd be so high on him right now considering I was ok with him being cut during the off-season, but he's a total gamer.

As of right now he's clearly our MVP. If he has a strong season and we draft a guy like Locker or Mallet and they get handed the keys next year, I think Gailey would lose this team.

I'm not saying don't draft a qb next year, but if Fitz keeps playing well, I think you have to go defense in the first round. I mean this is the worst Bills D I have ever seen.

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Oh one more thing. I believe one of the commentators yesterday said that Fitz had the highest yards per carry average of any qb right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X