• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Taylor Zaius
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Fitz Not the Answer at QB *****

We must still find a franchise QB. I can't believe what I'm reading on this site that some feel that Fitz can be our solution at quarterback. You people are either blind or don't know football. Fact.
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Fitz Not the Answer at QB *****

Where are you getting this?*****

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Thank you for this original and well-supported thread.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

Nobody is saying Fitz could be our franchise QB, what they are saying is that QB is no longer the massive need that it was, and the Bills can be competitive with Fitz if they add some solid defensive players.

You are either blind or illiterate if you can't see that. Fact.

Comment

• G Wolly
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dujek
          Nobody is saying Fitz could be our franchise QB, what they are saying is that QB is no longer the massive need that it was, and the Bills can be competitive with Fitz if they add some solid defensive players.

You are either blind or illiterate if you can't see that. Fact.
          Fact squared.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

the only thing said in this thread not in the other fitz threads are the *****

Comment

• G Wolly
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
              the only thing said in this thread not in the other fitz threads are the *****
              And his know-it-all attitude.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

What does franchise QB mean exactly? Does that mean you have to draft him high, pay him 10 mil and start him at age 22?

I think the term Franchise QB needs definition....

IMO, Franchise QB is a guy who plays QB for your team at a high level and is young enough to do so for at least the next 5-6 years and possibly beyond that, age permitting.

If Fitz continues to play well and put points on the board, at age 27, I see no reason why he can't be a franchise QB.

Someone gave the example of Matt Schaub, he is 29 already and I bet he is considered to be a franchise QB in Houston.

Whether Fitz is the Franchise QB of this team or not will depend on his production over the next 10 games.

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

if you watched the game yesterday, Fitz was in complete control, except for some horrible INTs. loved what he was doing at the line, before the snap. looked like a total leader out there. if you don't think he has potential to be a great QB, then you probably weren't watching. potential is useless tho if not fulfilled. I wouldn't give up on Fritz yet, that's all i'm saying
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

franchise to me is are you willing to pass on other QB options.

QB is an expensive position. if you think you are getting production from your starter, you'll pass on available QB talent in drafts and free agency.

I think there is talent out there higher than fitz's level. Therefore he is more of a stopgap, but he could be a really good stopgap.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
                      We must still find a franchise QB. I can't believe what I'm reading on this site that some feel that Fitz can be our solution at quarterback. You people are either blind or don't know football. Fact.

I completely agree that he's not our franchise QB and I think that you are lumping too many people in with the few that actually think he is/could be.

The general consensus which I'm getting is that the guy could start for a couple years while we groom our top pick next year. No one wants to throw a rookie into the fire right off the bat, but teams like the rams, lions, etc had no choice. They had NOTHING.

If, and it is a big if, Fitz stayed on track where he is now and throws for 25-30 tds and 3500 yds can you honestly bench that guy for a rookie??

I'm not saying he is the answer....He's still got 10 games to prove consistency; but if he can string together a solid finish of this year you absolutely have to start the guy next year.

Comment

• G Wolly
                        • Mar 2004

Like I said yesterday, I don't wanna get ahead of myself, but at least for today, we had a quarterback again and it felt good.

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

I actually had total confidence we were going to come back being down 34-24.

Comment

• G Wolly
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by imbondz
                            I actually had total confidence we were going to come back being down 34-24.
                            And it made the game more enjoyable.

I'd take an OT loss over a blowout, especially against the Ravens, anyday

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

I always think of Trent Dilfer regarding QBs winning SBs. He was hardly regarded as a great QB, but took a team w/ a great Defense to the SB. And so far, Fritz is a better QB than Trent ever was. If we could find some playmakers on D, upgrade our Oline, I don't think we're as far as we think. But that's all because of yesterdays game.

Next week I could totally take this all back.

Comment

Working...
                              X