PDA

View Full Version : Without O-line help

imbondz
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
without a solid O-line, it won't matter who our QB is. Franchise, Fritz, Brohm, Manning.

it seemed that Fritz was getting rid of the ball so quick yesterday, and that's the only reason the Ravens didn't get to him. It wasn't because of solid O-line play, because Fritz rarely had time to think once the ball was snapped.

I know our defense sucks, but if we don't upgrade our oline to protect our QB, it won't matter who we have back there. How's Cutler doing these days.

Anyone think our o-line was outstanding yesterday?

G Wolly
10-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Well, last year Aaron Rodgers had no line and he tore it up.

Nighthawk
10-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Yet again, this is not true at all. It's been proven time and time again and that franchise QB's make their OL's better.

G Wolly
10-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I think that he released it quickly not just because of poor protection, but if you give Ed Reed all day to sit back there and watch Fitz, he'll do something about it.

P.S. "FITZ" not "Fritz" :peace:

Jan Reimers
10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure that our O-line was outstanding, but I think it is young and improving. Bell seems to be getting progressively better, Howard is a big improvement over Green and should continue to develop, and the 2 young guards, Levitre and Wood, appear to be getting better after some rough games early.

I think the O-line is nowhere near the weakness it was at the beginning of the year.

Mahdi
10-25-2010, 01:00 PM
without a solid O-line, it won't matter who our QB is. Franchise, Fritz, Brohm, Manning.

it seemed that Fritz was getting rid of the ball so quick yesterday, and that's the only reason the Ravens didn't get to him. It wasn't because of solid O-line play, because Fritz rarely had time to think once the ball was snapped.

I know our defense sucks, but if we don't upgrade our oline to protect our QB, it won't matter who we have back there. How's Cutler doing these days.

Anyone think our o-line was outstanding yesterday?
I don't agree. A lot of those routes took time to develop and the OL held up every time. That throw to Nelson on 4th down and long required protection to hold up for a significant amount of time.

The OL was huge yesterday, there is no arguing with that.

Thief
10-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Anyone think our o-line was outstanding yesterday?This sounds like a contradiction. You say the QB won't make a difference, then you say Fitz was the difference. :headscrat

mayotm
10-25-2010, 01:24 PM

Anyone think our o-line was outstanding yesterday?The offensive line was good yesterday. I don't know how any logical person could dispute that.

HAMMER
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I was more than impressed with the O-Line and Fitz.

Dr. Lecter
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Another big difference yesterday was the RBs and TEs did quite will picking up the blitz and the receivers made the necessary pattern adjustments to the empty areas of the field.