X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Ed Reed: Bills should’ve won

“That’s a tough football team and a tough football game, and I take my hat off to the Buffalo Bills,” Suggs said. ”They came here to win, and there were times where they should’ve won. Remember, that’s the same team that put 30 up on New England. They’re a great offensive group. Those two backs (Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller), I wasn’t a believer coming into the game, but I’m a believer now. They made some plays and broke some tackles. I’ve never seen backs do it like that on us.”

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Ed Reed: Bills should’ve won

**** you, Ray Lewis!
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

easy to say after the game...wonder what the quotes would have been had they lost...

"we gave one away"..."we should have beaten a lesser foe"..."we made too many mistakes out there to win"....

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Better than the laughing at us quotes/.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          easy to say after the game...wonder what the quotes would have been had they lost...

"we gave one away"..."we should have beaten a lesser foe"..."we made too many mistakes out there to win"....
          Probably true. But they didn't have to say anything positive about us at all. You get douche comments much more frequently from players...be it in a win or loss, pre or post game (like the no name Jet that was talking out of his ass).

So it's refreshing to hear a couple of gentlemanly comments. (not that you ever hear Ed Reed talking smack...he lets his play do the talking for him)

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

The most promising quote...

Suggs: Those two backs (Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller), I wasn’t a believer coming into the game, but I’m a believer now. They made some plays and broke some tackles. I’ve never seen backs do it like that on us.”

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Basically what Reed and Suggs were saying was that they didn't even game plan, or much less practice this week.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by jamze132
                Basically what Reed and Suggs were saying was that they didn't even game plan, or much less practice this week.
                Sad their offense probably did the same thing but still put up 37 points on us.
                Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

really?
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    really?
                    He meant the players were just going through the motions and were looking past the Bills, which is probably true. They didn't even consider it a trap game, they were overlooking Buffalo so much. Really no other way to explain 500 yards of offense. Of course the Bills played nice and executed too, but it was a little bit of both.
                    Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 10-25-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
                      He meant the players were just going through the motions and were looking past the Bills, which is probably true. They didn't even consider it a trap game, they were overlooking Buffalo so much. Really no other way to explain 500 yards of offense. Of course the Bills played nice and executed too, but it was a little bit of both.
                      link?
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

it seems easier for the Bills to find ways to lose games than win them.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          link?
                          I'll give you a link to next week's box score in which the Bills don't have 500 yards of total offense, even against an inferior defense.

And a link to every Ravens game the rest of the year and I doubt they give up 500 yards.
                          Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 10-25-2010, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

bills offense got the ravens real good. you saw that huddle at the 3rd or fourth quarter where Ray lewis was rallying the team.

it showed me that it wasn't just a fluke. I think the ravens chalked up good luck and over acheiving during halftime, and when they still found themselves battling for the game in the second half, they knew that there is some talent on the bills offense that was finding ways to exploit them.

I don't think this was just the ravens playing poorly. I think the bills really did shock them with solid play.

As for what they would have said if they lost, of course they would have dogged us. It's the only way to keep it positive.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I don't believe that for a second. It may be that the players did not expect the kind of effort that the Bills put up on Sunday, but after losing in overtime to New England, the Ravens would have put in a full week of preparation versus a high school team.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X