PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed: Bills should’ve won

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 02:18 PM
“That’s a tough football team and a tough football game, and I take my hat off to the Buffalo Bills,” Suggs said. ”They came here to win, and there were times where they should’ve won. Remember, that’s the same team that put 30 up on New England. They’re a great offensive group. Those two backs (Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller), I wasn’t a believer coming into the game, but I’m a believer now. They made some plays and broke some tackles. I’ve never seen backs do it like that on us.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/10/25/ed-reed-bills-shouldve-won/

YardRat
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
**** you, Ray Lewis!

Ebenezer
10-25-2010, 02:22 PM
easy to say after the game...wonder what the quotes would have been had they lost...

"we gave one away"..."we should have beaten a lesser foe"..."we made too many mistakes out there to win"....

The King
10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Better than the laughing at us quotes/.

Mad Max
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
easy to say after the game...wonder what the quotes would have been had they lost...

"we gave one away"..."we should have beaten a lesser foe"..."we made too many mistakes out there to win"....

Probably true. But they didn't have to say anything positive about us at all. You get douche comments much more frequently from players...be it in a win or loss, pre or post game (like the no name Jet that was talking out of his ass).

So it's refreshing to hear a couple of gentlemanly comments. (not that you ever hear Ed Reed talking smack...he lets his play do the talking for him)

madness
10-25-2010, 02:43 PM
The most promising quote...

Suggs: Those two backs (Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller), I wasn’t a believer coming into the game, but I’m a believer now. They made some plays and broke some tackles. I’ve never seen backs do it like that on us.”

jamze132
10-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Basically what Reed and Suggs were saying was that they didn't even game plan, or much less practice this week.

RoscoeMagic
10-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Basically what Reed and Suggs were saying was that they didn't even game plan, or much less practice this week.

Sad their offense probably did the same thing but still put up 37 points on us.

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 03:00 PM

really?

RoscoeMagic
10-25-2010, 03:12 PM
really?
He meant the players were just going through the motions and were looking past the Bills, which is probably true. They didn't even consider it a trap game, they were overlooking Buffalo so much. Really no other way to explain 500 yards of offense. Of course the Bills played nice and executed too, but it was a little bit of both.

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 03:16 PM
He meant the players were just going through the motions and were looking past the Bills, which is probably true. They didn't even consider it a trap game, they were overlooking Buffalo so much. Really no other way to explain 500 yards of offense. Of course the Bills played nice and executed too, but it was a little bit of both.
link?

SABURZFAN
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
it seems easier for the Bills to find ways to lose games than win them.

RoscoeMagic
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM
link?
I'll give you a link to next week's box score in which the Bills don't have 500 yards of total offense, even against an inferior defense.

And a link to every Ravens game the rest of the year and I doubt they give up 500 yards.

trapezeus
10-25-2010, 03:30 PM
bills offense got the ravens real good. you saw that huddle at the 3rd or fourth quarter where Ray lewis was rallying the team.

it showed me that it wasn't just a fluke. I think the ravens chalked up good luck and over acheiving during halftime, and when they still found themselves battling for the game in the second half, they knew that there is some talent on the bills offense that was finding ways to exploit them.

I don't think this was just the ravens playing poorly. I think the bills really did shock them with solid play.

As for what they would have said if they lost, of course they would have dogged us. It's the only way to keep it positive.

TigerJ
10-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Basically what Reed and Suggs were saying was that they didn't even game plan, or much less practice this week.I don't believe that for a second. It may be that the players did not expect the kind of effort that the Bills put up on Sunday, but after losing in overtime to New England, the Ravens would have put in a full week of preparation versus a high school team.

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 03:34 PM
I'll give you a link to next week's box score in which the Bills don't have 500 yards of total offense, even against an inferior defense.

And a link to every Ravens game the rest of the year and I doubt they give up 500 yards.
could it be that the bills was able to make those yards because they had 2 weeks to practice and not because of what you think happened? :idunno:

trapezeus
10-25-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't believe that for a second. It may be that the players did not expect the kind of effort that the Bills put up on Sunday, but after losing in overtime to New England, the Ravens would have put in a full week of preparation versus a high school team.

Ray Lewis even said as much last week. he said they were pissed about NE and wanted to make the bills pay.

as much as i dislike Ray lewis as a human being, i assume when he says he's going to make another team pay, it means he puts his full attention towards that game.

I really hope the bills can keep this level of offensive play up. it will really help in the rebuild for next year if everything can be about defense and getting personnel in. if we only have to take a QB to sit the bench in round 1 and then just pick LB after LB, the bills have a shot and being a .500 next year.

I know, it's just sunday talking.

RoscoeMagic
10-25-2010, 03:37 PM
could it be that the bills was able to make those yards because they had 2 weeks to practice and not because of what you think happened? :idunno:

I said it was a combination of both Bills executing and Ravens overlooking. Read my posts :idunno:

Bye week helped, but you can't pin everything on one factor. :idunno:

TigerJ
10-25-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree that the bye week was a factor, but I also believe that the offense is beginning to jel, and the offensive line in particular may have found the right combination of players that will lend itself both to productivity and stability.

ParanoidAndroid
10-25-2010, 04:49 PM

That's proof they didn't game plan? :bs:

The offense executed. They threw the ball downfield and that is what no defense has been respecting. If we had been doing that for 6 straight weeks, I bet we would not be winless.

500 yards is an aberration, perhaps. But if we put up 350 on them, it's still impressive.

It was a pleasure to be at that game and see how impressed some of the Ravens fans were. I was around some really nice fans (and one idiot drunk woman who thought she knew what she was talking about). They were all looking at eachother and saying, "Damn. Where did these guys come from?"

ParanoidAndroid
10-25-2010, 04:51 PM
I said it was a combination of both Bills executing and Ravens overlooking. Read my posts :idunno:

Bye week helped, but you can't pin everything on one factor. :idunno:

You made it sound like it was much moreso that the Ravens "overlooked" which is something that no team in their right mind would ever do. Especially a team that just lost and was hot about it.

Don't Panic
10-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Bottom line: Ravens are suspect, and they got shown as such yesterday. No one should take anything away from the effort the Bills showed yesterday though... I haven't been this "happy" with a loss in a long time. Finally gave us a game worth watching.

jamze132
10-26-2010, 12:34 AM
I don't believe that for a second. It may be that the players did not expect the kind of effort that the Bills put up on Sunday, but after losing in overtime to New England, the Ravens would have put in a full week of preparation versus a high school team.
If Fitz throws for 300+ again this year, I will eat crow.

Mindbender
10-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Shoulda woulda coulda.

madness
10-26-2010, 09:50 AM

I hope you are ready sooner rather than later. It might just happen Sunday. KC is pretty stout against the run but their pass rush and pass defense are suspect.

Beebe's Kid
10-26-2010, 10:19 AM

Well..it looks like you already stopped calling him "Fitzdouchetrick," which is a step in the right direction.

Don't eat any crow, bro, just enjoy the laser show.

ChristopherWalken
10-26-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't by the "didn't gameplan theory". The Ravens were coming off a OT loss with NE and were out for blood. The Bills played a hard fought game and it all nearly paid off.

If they had a slightly better defense, I believe the Bills win that game before it even hits OT.

Throne Logic
10-26-2010, 12:11 PM

Fitz played out of his mind most of that game. He threaded passes and dropped precission bombs that had me staring dumbly at my TV doubting that I was still watching the Bills.

Too bad he can't do that all the time.

jamze132
10-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Well..it looks like you already stopped calling him "Fitzdouchetrick," which is a step in the right direction.

Don't eat any crow, bro, just enjoy the laser show.
Yeah, for the most part I have stopped calling him Fitzdouchetrick. I made a post the other day about how I might have to stop calling him that. he really has impressed me. Who knows, maybe the game is starting to click for him at the NFL level. :idunno: