• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

What do you think happens to Maybin?

Saw this topic on a different site, wanted to bring the discussion here. What's your prediction for Maybin in the short-run and long?

My thought:
    I believe Bills coaching is pretty much done with Maybin for this season. The coaches are not going to give him any breaks in practice and more likely than not, he stays where he's at, a fringe guy for Sundays.

He gets one more offseason, one more spring, one more summer to show significant improvement or he will miss the 53-man roster come September. Contract numbers are low so that won't be much of a consideration a la Edwards.
    Last edited by Oaf; 10-25-2010, 02:42 PM.

• Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: What do you think happens to Maybin?

I agree.

he won't be cut this season, and baring injury he also won;t see the filed. He will be at training camp next year for his final chance to porve himself

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

If only we hadn't drafted another one-hit wonder...

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
        • Aug 2008

If the coaches don't think he's improved, he'll get cut in camp next year.
        Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
          Saw this topic on a different site, wanted to bring the discussion here. What's your prediction for Maybin in the short-run and long?

My thought:
          I believe Bills coaching is pretty much done with Maybin for this season. The coaches are not going to give him any breaks in practice and more likely than not, he stays where he's at, a fringe guy for Sundays.

He gets one more offseason, one more spring, one more summer to show significant improvement or he will miss the 53-man roster come September. Contract numbers are low so that won't be much of a consideration a la Edwards.
          "He Gone".

So far, say what you will about Gailey, he's evaluated talent VERY well. So when he healthy scratches Maybin, that is a very bad omen for him. He'll likely get one more training camp, but that's it.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

I think he will be motivated to improve himself. He is still a young kid and there is definitely room for him to get better.

Overall he needs to get stronger, particularly in his base, that is what is keeping him from being effective right now.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by madmaxwell
              So far, say what you will about Gailey, he's evaluated talent VERY well.
              WHAT?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Cut him now, blame the last GM.

Comment

• Dujek
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2008

Yeah, he gets until next August to prove he can be of use.

He won't though, and he'll be cut.

Comment

• Mad Max
                    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
                    WHAT?
                    Ya I read what I wrote and saw how it could easily be misunderstood, lol.

I meant he has found the guys that can play within our team, guys like Roscoe and Fitz who weren't even after thoughts in the previous. And he's gotten rid of or benched guys that clearly couldn't play.

Kelsay, although none of us know for sure, smells like a Wilson call all the way. That leaves Edwards as the main head scratcher.....although he certainly appeared to all interested parties to be the tallest midget.

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

I think Maybin being inactive was more of the coach sending a message that he needs to start making the most of every opportunity and showing some improvement. I expect him to be on the active roster for most of our remaining games. I mean it's not like we have anyone in front of him on the DL or at LB that's playing really well. At 0-6 and with how bad our D is playing, they need to at least give him a little more playing time to fairly evaluate him. So I expect to see him on the field again this year unless he's just totally stinking it up in practice.

As for next year, I think he gets another training camp to show something, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the team. Or maybe they try to trade him for a mid-round pick.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Maybin's two weeks of practice must have been straight up garbage for him to get the hook after a bye. I can see him getting one last shot, still pretty young. Can easily be dumped before the start of OTAs as well.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

We should call Jauron over at Philly and see if he wants to make a trade.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I don't know how far from being productive he really is. If it's simply a matter of his getting bigger and stronger, I'd say keep him around, and make it clear that he really needs to spend lots of time in the weight room and stay in OP for our offseason conditioning program. Then make a decision next summer.

If it's more than that - if besides being too skinny, he lacks the basic football skills necessary to succeed in the NFL - we should cut our losses and cut his ass RIGHT NOW.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Maybin being a healthy scratch in his hometown sends a strong statement. i wonder how many tickets he bought for his family.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X