PDA

View Full Version : Fitz is "fool's gold"

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Amazing to see how some around here are gushing over the performance of Fitz yesterday. Bottom line a loss is a loss is a loss. Fitz is 0-4 as a starter this season. Quit putting lipstick on a pig fellas.

Sorry the QB gets all the glory and all the blame, it just comes with the job.

Are you people telling Taylor that you prefer a whopping 7th rounder from Harvard on his third team as our next franchise QB? Please....:pimped:

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 03:43 PM
what does Dr. Zauis have to say? You might have to log off first.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-25-2010, 03:45 PM
what does Dr. Zauis have to say? You might have to log off first.

Sorry pal, Dr. Z and I are two seperate folks using two seperate usernames. Proof? We've had many an arguement on this forum. Look it up.

Absoultely foolish to accuse folks of being the same poster for simply agreeing. Cease your lie. You and your silly accusations are molecules in my grand unviverse. Fact. :chug:

cocamide
10-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Amazing to see how some around here are gushing over the performance of Fitz yesterday. Bottom line a loss is a loss is a loss. Fitz is 0-4 as a starter this season. Quit putting lipstick on a pig fellas.

Are you people telling Taylor that you prefer a whopping 7th rounder from Harvard on his third team as our next franchise QB? Please....:pimped:

You sure do have this 'trolling' thing figured out.

Pinkerton Security
10-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Sorry pal, Dr. Z and I are two seperate folks using two seperate usernames. Proof? We've had many an arguement on this forum. Look it.

Absoultely foolish to accuse folks of being the same poster for simply agreeing. Cease you rlie. You and your silly accusations are molecules in my grand unviverse. Fact. :chug:

Many any argument? you've both been posting for about a month..

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-25-2010, 03:48 PM
You sure do have this 'trolling' thing figured out.

:bs: So, anyone who doesnt tout the company line around here (i.e. homer speak) is a troll? Get real. How pathetic. Pound sand.

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2010, 03:50 PM
this thread needs to be deleted. what a waste product it is......

EricStratton
Does it matter what round a guy is drafted in or what college he went to if he can perform on the field.

I'm not saying Fitz is a QB to lead this team in the future but focusing on draft position and college is a mistake.

trapezeus
Dr. Zaius does say slightly different stuff. Namely *****. Other than that its the same stuff.

and is pound sand taking off here? I've seen this written like 4x in 3 different posts. I'm confused why this old-timers term is coming back.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-25-2010, 03:52 PM
this thread needs to be deleted. what a waste product it is......

Pound sand. This thread is perfectly legitimate it. Your commentary on posts that you disagree with needs to be flushed. :down:

Philagape
10-25-2010, 03:52 PM

Not all, just yours.

Mad Max
10-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Dr. Zaius does say slightly different stuff. Namely *****. Other than that its the same stuff.

and is pound sand taking off here? I've seen this written like 4x in 3 different posts. I'm confused why this old-timers term is coming back.

LOL, it's not taking off. Only one poster is using the term....repeatedly.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Doe sit matter what round a guy is drafted in or what college he went to if he can perform on the field.

I'm not saying Fitz is a QB to lead this team in the future but focusing on draft position and college is a mistake.

Admittably no. Romo was undrafted, Brady was a 7th rounder. However, given that Fitz is a bottom rounder and has been nothing more than a journeyman in this league, it is fairly to safe to say "he is what he is" - mediocre/middling at best. He is not our future. Fact. :duel:

Pinkerton Security
10-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Admittably no. Romo was undrafted, Brady was a 7th rounder. However, given that Fitz is a bottom rounder and has been nothing more than a journeyman in this league, it is fairly to safe to say "he is what he is" - mediocre/middling at best. He is not our future. Fact. :duel:

Opinion, not fact.

cocamide
10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
:bs: So, anyone who doesnt tout the company line around here (i.e. homer speak) is a troll? Get real. How pathetic. Pound sand.
There are many on here who bash the Bills daily, and their opinions are certainly justified. But, even they are able to give props when they're due, and in this case, Fitz deserves credit. You say that a QB should always get the glory or blame. Your opinion is too shortsighted. Hypothetically speaking, should a QB receive blame if he puts up 400+ passing yards and 5 TDs with no INTs, but loses 35 to 36?

You appear to post for no other reason than to get a rise out of people; hence, I said you were trolling.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Why do you say pound sand i just dont get it say **** off or something?

buffalobillsfan95
10-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Taylor is byrdistheword

trapezeus
10-25-2010, 04:00 PM
i just don't get where zaius/taylor are getting the "everyone is annointing him a starter"

i think the majority of this board is just excited that he's creating exciting games. and that he might just be able to provide 1 year of mentoring.

And we are all staying open minded that if he keeps it up, he will have earned the right to start. Banks aren't supposed to name lend just because institutions have a good name. Similarly, teams shouldn't just start qb's because of the round they were drafted in. Earn it.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-25-2010, 04:00 PM
There are many on here who bash the Bills daily, and their opinions are certainly justified. But, even they are able to give props when they're due. In this case, Fitz deserves credit. You say that a QB should always get the glory or blame. Your opinion is too shortsighted. Hypothetically speaking, should a QB receive blame if he puts up 400+ passing yards and 5 TDs with not INTs, but loses 35 to 36?

You appear to post for no other reason than to get a rise out of people; hence, I said you were trolling.

Once Fitz has a day with the stats you mentionabove, and still we lose, then lets talk. Until then, he is what his record is - a loser. :tip:

Sorry, I just call them like I see 'em. If that gets a "rise" out of the homer contingent around here, then so be it. Don't worry, I'll spread plenty of props around, once we start playing like we belong in this league.

TedMock
10-25-2010, 04:01 PM

I'm not sold on Fitz being the savior, but I honestly do not care whatsoever where the guy went to school or where he was drafted. I only care that he's a good player. Brady's and Bulgers were founded in the 6th. Romo's, Warners and Moons weren't drafted at all. We could also reach and end up a big time Notre Dame guy like Rick Mirer, or an SEC stud like JaMarcus Russell or Heath Shuler, or maybe the next big-armed Ryan Leaf, or the best ever - a great OH State product like Artie Schlichter.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but the player matters more than the school. I get the competition thing, of course, but it doesn't always translate. On the surface, if you have no names, would you prefer a guy from Stanford, Washington or Arkansas? In my opinion, if the Stanford guy doesn't come out, I would prefer to try like heck to drop down, or take the best defensive player on the board - who will most likely fall under the BPA at that point anyway.

G Wolly
10-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Once Fitz has a day with the stats you mentionabove, and still we lose, then lets talk. Until then, he is what his record is - a loser. :tip:

So 26 more yards and 1 more TD would change your opinion?

That's stupid.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2010, 04:02 PM

Kurt Warner was a UDFA from Northern Iowa via the Arena League and NFL Europe. Why does it matter where a guy was drafted or where he went to school, as long as he can play?

My guess right now, based on his history to date, is that Fitz is not our franchise QB. But he has played well in his 4 games so far, with a less than stellar cast, and I think we should see what he does over the last 10 games before we consign him to the loser bin.

We don't have to decide on the draft today.

TedMock
10-25-2010, 04:04 PM

Sorry, I just call them like I see 'em. If that gets a "rise" out of the homer contingent around here, then so be it. Don't worry, I'll spread plenty of props around, once we start playing like we belong in this league.

Horrible argument. He's not my favorite player on the team and he made a couple of bad mistakes, but he's not even on the top 10 reasons for why we lost yesterday. Archie Manning lost a lot. So did Steve Young in Tampa. Were they losers?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-25-2010, 04:06 PM
So 26 more yards and 1 more TD would change your opinion?

That's stupid.

You failed to mention the 2 interceptions. Failing to mention this factoid is just plain "stupid". Fitz is what he is. An 0-4 QB. :brace:

G Wolly
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
You failed to mention the 2 interceptions. Failing to mention this factoid is just plain "stupid". Fitz is what he is. An 0-4 QB. :brace:

He's an accurate QB, at least to our standards.

One pick was tipped and the other was overthrown because the pressure got to him.

Perhaps you should look at his accuracy on the TD throws. They look pretty spot-on.

Gimme a break.

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
When do they teach you what a fact is in school? I think I learned it pretty early on... I would suggest it to your teacher.

elltrain22
10-25-2010, 04:30 PM
I think that is a bit harsh, but, IMO, he's not a franchise type QB. I still think, wholeheartedly, we gotta draft a franchise-type QB w/ the 1st pick.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I think that is a bit harsh, but, IMO, he's not a franchise type QB. I still think, wholeheartedly, we gotta draft a franchise-type QB w/ the 1st pick.
I've been all over the place today on this issue. I really like what Fitz has done in his 4 starts this season, and want to give him a chance to show what he can do in the last 10 games. But deep down, I really don't think he's a franchise QB, and if we get the first pick in the draft, we better take a QB.

kingJofNYC
10-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Taylor's the same guy who ball washed Moats earlier in the year for doing absolutely nothing. Tell us again why he's the second coming. Glass houses and all that.

No rational fan believes Fitz is the solution, but he's playing some good ball and can be a decent stop gap until we land a franchise QB via the draft.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Taylor's the same guy who ball washed Moats earlier in the year for doing absolutely nothing. Tell us again why he's the second coming. Glass houses and all that.

No rational fan believes Fitz is the solution, but he's playing some good ball and can be a decent stop gap until we land a franchise QB via the draft.

Moats is a daimond in the rough guy. He's raw. A kid. Fitz has been around the track, and still is what he is, mediocre. Sure he shows flashes, as he did against the Ravens. Hence, the reason I am calling him "fool's gold". :angel:

cocamide
10-25-2010, 05:10 PM

Now I'm curious. In the same thread, you use Romo as an example of a good QB, but state that Fitz is a mediocre loser. Why does Romo get a pass but Fitz doesn't?

more cowbell
10-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Hasn't anyone learned that the QB is always the source of the problem on this board?

The reason we lost yesterday is ALL Fitzpatrick's fault...it has nothing to do with

"Golden Boy" CJ Spillers fumble before halftime

Whitner getting embarassed in coverage 3 times for touchdowns...again

No pass rush...again

Couldn't stop the run...again

Obviously it's all the QB's fault...he's absolutely terrible getting the ball to our top 3 WR's and putting up the most points and yards we've seen on offense in YEARS against one of the best defenses in the league.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss...but give me a break.

Not saying Fitzpatrick is the next franchise QB but give credit where credit is due...just because he isn't the flashy 1st rd pick from a top college doesn't mean he wasn't a good QB yesterday (and in every game he has played this year so far)

imbondz
10-25-2010, 05:24 PM

you are such a realist! I on the other hand prefer to think that Fitz will take us to the Promised Land solely based on his performance yesterday! lol

I understand what you're saying, but most of us are just a little bit hopeful. I don't really care who our QB is, as long as he's good for a long period of time. If it's Fitz, i'm in.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Hasn't anyone learned that the QB is always the source of the problem on this board?

The reason we lost yesterday is ALL Fitzpatrick's fault...it has nothing to do with

"Golden Boy" CJ Spillers fumble before halftime

Whitner getting embarassed in coverage 3 times for touchdowns...again

No pass rush...again

Couldn't stop the run...again

Obviously it's all the QB's fault...he's absolutely terrible getting the ball to our top 3 WR's and putting up the most points and yards we've seen on offense in YEARS against one of the best defenses in the league.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss...but give me a break.

Not saying Fitzpatrick is the next franchise QB but give credit where credit is due...just because he isn't the flashy 1st rd pick from a top college doesn't mean he wasn't a good QB yesterday (and in every game he has played this year so far)

Sorry, no "style" points are tabulated for a loss. He played better yesterday, but really, the guy couldnt even beat out Edwards...given a couple of chances. Nuff said. :darth:

Jan Reimers
10-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Two things: Brady was a 6th rounder. That's a fact.
"He is not our future" is an opinion.

You really need to learn the difference.

cocamide
10-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Sorry, no "style" points are tabulated for a loss. He played better yesterday, but really, the guy couldnt even beat out Edwards...given a couple of chances. Nuff said. :darth:

Actually, he did end up beating out Edwards. If you haven't noticed, Edwards isn't on the Bills any more and Fitz is their starting QB.

Mad Bomber
10-25-2010, 05:46 PM

Sorry, I just call them like I see 'em. If that gets a "rise" out of the homer contingent around here, then so be it. Don't worry, I'll spread plenty of props around, once we start playing like we belong in this league. The Bills did not lose because of Fitz's play. To hang this loss on him is unfounded and ignorant. I don't want to waste keystrokes expounding on it, but he had nothing to do with our defense giving up over 34 points per game for the past 5 weeks.

Mad Bomber
10-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Couldn't beat out Edwards...that was a plain and simple miscalculation on the part of our coaching staff based on practice and preseason. When we got to the regular season and the bullets started flying, the coaching staff realized that Edwards does not have the stuff to play in the real world of the NFL. They cut him.

Look at how this team has performed offensively under Fitz compared to under Edwards. This "couldn't even beat out Edwards" is meaningless now that we are in the regular season.

Extremebillsfan247
10-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm all for going after a QB with our first pick next year. But that doesn't mean I should sit here and knock Fitzpatrick down because of that. In my opinion he deserves his props for how he played yesterday against one of the top defenses in the league. He was fantastic. It's been quite awhile since we've seen a performance like that from a Bills QB. It was nice for a change, why can't we just enjoy that since we may not have much to enjoy at all this year? Let a Bills fan be a Bills fan for awhile while we can.

thebuffalobills4
10-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Wow... Your just annoying me with the "are you telling Taylor" thing already. Get a life dude and stop acting like you are some philosopher at football. People have a right to speak their opinions on certain issues pertaining to the Bills or other teams in general. You are not a dictator nor are you going to change people's opinions with your fancy words or phrases. Seriously.:loser:

SabreEleven
10-25-2010, 06:21 PM

Taylor, you are the man. You know what you are talking about. :hi5:

Zero
10-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Please don't feed the troll....

imbondz
10-25-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't know, I enjoyed the 3rd person. made me laugh.

JCBills
10-25-2010, 09:21 PM
I can't believe people even respond to this goon anymore.

PromoTheRobot
10-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Everyone knows great QBs come with the word "FRANCHISE" stamped on their foreheads. That's how you know.

PTR

TMu11
10-26-2010, 04:57 AM

**** This post is utterly annoying... fact. ****

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-26-2010, 05:26 AM
you are such a realist! I on the other hand prefer to think that Fitz will take us to the Promised Land solely based on his performance yesterday! lol

I understand what you're saying, but most of us are just a little bit hopeful. I don't really care who our QB is, as long as he's good for a long period of time. If it's Fitz, i'm in.

I respect your optimism. :dolfan:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-26-2010, 05:29 AM
The Bills did not lose because of Fitz's play. To hang this loss on him is unfounded and ignorant. I don't want to waste keystrokes expounding on it, but he had nothing to do with our defense giving up over 34 points per game for the past 5 weeks.

I never did pin the loss squarely on him pal. I simply stated he is "fool's gold". 0-4 as a starter. Journeyman QB talent at best. Sorry those are the facts.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-26-2010, 05:31 AM

Thanks buddy. It warms my heart to read your kind words. :air:

seanbillsfan
10-26-2010, 06:06 AM
This is the best qb play we've had since bledsoes first year here. Jesus we've had nothing to cheer about this year and now we have a player who shows a little heart and some balls and people still want to *****. It's unreal. Maybe he is "fools gold" but I'll take that over Edwards, Losman, Holcomb, Mathews, Nall, etc any day of the week.

TMu11
10-26-2010, 06:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT4IMWzRvsk

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-26-2010, 06:48 AM
This is the best qb play we've had since bledsoes first year here. Jesus we've had nothing to cheer about this year and now we have a player who shows a little heart and some balls and people still want to *****. It's unreal. Maybe he is "fools gold" but I'll take that over Edwards, Losman, Holcomb, Mathews, Nall, etc any day of the week.

Comparing Fitz against the other clowns you mention is hardly a ringing endorsement. Look, the guy is mediocre at best. Period. End of discussion

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-26-2010, 06:51 AM

This coming from a guy who has a picture of a man in a skirt as his avator. LOL. :coocoo:

Mahdi
10-26-2010, 08:03 AM

So I guess Fred Jackson and Lee and Stevie are also Fool's gold. I mean we didn't win right?

Weak analysis.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-26-2010, 08:46 AM
So I guess Fred Jackson and Lee and Stevie are also Fool's gold. I mean we didn't win right?

Weak analysis.

Actually a very strong analysis.
Fair or not, the QB gets the glory as well as the blame. Fitz is 0-4. If Fitz is so great, then why did he have to wait for Edwards to implode (twice) before seeing the field? For that matter why has he been a cast off for other teams. Look, I'm sure he is a swell guy, along with being a medicore QB who will occassionally play above (and below) his potential. Point being, our QB position is still in dire straits, thanks to Nix and Gailey. :couch:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-26-2010, 10:02 AM
This is uncalled for. Pound sand :loser:

Mahdi
10-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Fair or not, the QB gets the glory as well as the blame. Fitz is 0-4. If Fitz is so great, then why did he have to wait for Edwards to implode (twice) before seeing the field? For that matter why has he been a cast off for other teams. Look, I'm sure he is a swell guy, along with being a medicore QB who will occassionally play above (and below) his potential. Point being, our QB position is still in dire straits, thanks to Nix and Gailey. :couch:
Maybe cause our offensive system sucked last year. Fitz is in a real offense with a real playcaller right now. That is the difference.

And Fitz is doing his part. He is leading the offense to 26+ points per game. To win you need defense too.

The reason I don't agree with your analysis is because you are not realizing where people are coming from here. Fans are not talking about Fitz as the possible solution at QB based only on the last few games, they are basing it on the notion of him continuing to play at a high level throughout the season.
If he does that, then he will not be fool's gold. He will have proven that he is a starting QB in the NFL.

cocamide
10-26-2010, 10:28 AM

Who should Nix and Gailey have taken in the draft or signed in free agency?

Also, you haven't answered my question. You mention Romo as being a good QB, but then also say Fitz is a mediocre loser. Why does Romo get a pass?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Who should Nix and Gailey have taken in the draft or signed in free agency?

Also, you haven't answered my question. You mention Romo as being a good QB, but then also say Fitz is a mediocre loser. Why does Romo get a pass?

Oh please, a trade or free agent QB - most any of them would have been better than what we have. Nix did nothing to address our two biggest needs, the OL and QB.

Dallas stuck with Romo, obviously seeing something in the guy - and getting it right. Fitz has been looked over by many teams, and couldn't even beat out Edwards (twice). Comparing apples to oranges my man. :limpclap:

G Wolly
10-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh please, a trade or free agent QB - most any of them would have been better than what we have. Nix did nothing to address our two biggest needs, the OL and QB.

Do you ever get sick of repeating the same thing in every post?

"Pound Sand"

Extremebillsfan247
10-26-2010, 12:41 PM
I think the ex Edwards, and Losman fans are just upset that Fitzpatrick in the span of just a few games managed to play better than both of them combined. lol

cocamide
10-26-2010, 12:43 PM

Dallas stuck with Romo, obviously seeing something in the guy - and getting it right. Fitz has been looked over by many teams, and couldn't even beat out Edwards (twice). Comparing apples to oranges my man. :limpclap:

I asked a simple question, I wasn't trying to be a smartass or anything. I'll ask it again but phrase it differently: Which QB should Nix and Gailey have drafted, traded for, or picked up in free agency?

Also, how did Dallas end up "getting it right"? The Cowboys are 1-5, and have won one playoff game in Romo's career.

And once again, Fitz beat out Edwards when it mattered. Look who's starting for the Bills and look who got cut. Edwards seems to be a great preseason and practice QB, but in the regular season (where it matters), Fitz beat out Edwards twice; once last year where he ended up starting against the Jets and leading us to a win, and this year where he reignited our offense. I'm not trying to say he's the second coming of Jim Kelly or that we don't need to draft a franchise QB, but the guy is playing extremely well and deserves credit.

justasportsfan
10-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Also, how did Dallas end up "getting it right"? The Cowboys are 1-5, .

I other words Dr. Zauis means Romo is a slighty better loser than Fitz.

JCBills
10-26-2010, 05:40 PM
This coming from a guy who has a picture of a man in a skirt as his avator. LOL. :coocoo:

Ah yes, Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura is completely relevant to this conversation. Funny to see you respond to my post twice. What's uncalled for is you stating your opinion as fact, which is laughable really.

thebuffalobills4
10-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Actually I'm spot on here. Played the game through college. Been a fan since the Ferguson days. Not sure of what you are attempting to say when you say, I did not quote your previous response???? Fix your horrid grammar please. :confused:
Really dude. Gonna pull the grammar card on me? Pathetic. Bro, i got a 4.0 every semester in college while receiving an A in English Comp. Get on my level. By the way, since you want to call me out on grammar, i found a few grammar errors in your response to me. For instance, "Actually I'm spot on here", there is supposed to be a comma after "Actually" and "I'm" is supposed to be "i am on the spot here." In addition, when you quoted me, "I did not quote your previous response," you forgot to put down quotation marks for that part of the sentence. So, do not talk a big game when you cannot back it up dude.
Oh and another thing, Fitz is not "fool's gold" and he is a very good backup and reliable quarterback. In fact, he reminds me of Frank Reich and he is a capable starter. You know why? Take a look at his stats against the Ravens D and also, he has shown leadership and motivation among his teammates on offense. Even through the losses the Bills have endured, the offense under Fitz has put up points and moved the ball. Seriously, your ignorance is unbreakable.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Really dude. Gonna pull the grammar card on me? Pathetic. Bro, i got a 4.0 every semester in college while receiving an A in English Comp. Get on my level. By the way, since you want to call me out on grammar, i found a few grammar errors in your response to me. For instance, "Actually I'm spot on here", there is supposed to be a comma after "Actually" and "I'm" is supposed to be "i am on the spot here." In addition, when you quoted me, "I did not quote your previous response," you forgot to put down quotation marks for that part of the sentence. So, do not talk a big game when you cannot back it up dude.
Oh and another thing, Fitz is not "fool's gold" and he is a very good backup and reliable quarterback. In fact, he reminds me of Frank Reich and he is a capable starter. You know why? Take a look at his stats against the Ravens D and also, he has shown leadership and motivation among his teammates on offense. Even through the losses the Bills have endured, the offense under Fitz has put up points and moved the ball. Seriously, your ignorance is unbreakable.

Well "dude", seeing I could not decipher your sentence, I could only assume that reading and writing were not too high on your priority list. LOL. :pimped:

Fitz has had one decent game. He is no Frank Reich, to claim so is foolish. Are you even old enough to have remembered seeing Reich played? Fitz is nothing special, a slight upgrade over Edwards. Nothing more. Enough of the gushing and slubbering over him already. Sheesh.