PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Comes Up Short, But Finds An Offensive Pulse: Week 7 Grades

Michael82
10-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Offense: Wow! Where did that come from? The Buffalo Bills put up 34 points and over 500 yards against the Baltimore Ravens. They came out swinging right away, scoring 17-points in the first 20 minutes. Ryan Fitzpatrick had the Bills' first 300-yard game in 59 games. He did an excellent job leading the offense up and down the field and showed remarkable poise. The Bills had two 100-yard receivers. Steve Johnson led the team with 8 receptions for 158 yards and 1 touchdown. Lee Evans caught 6 passes for 105 yards and 3 touchdowns, tying a career high for TDs. Roscoe Parrish continued to be a part of the offense, catching 8 balls for 49-yards.

The Bills also chose to stick with the run more than usual. Fred Jackson had 23 carries for 73 yards, while CJ Spiller ran 7 times for 33 yards. This was all possible thanks to the offensive line. They gave Fitzpatrick plenty of time in the pocket and did a nice job picking up the blitz. Overall, it was a great day for the Bills offense! The only negative was the tight ends. Shawn Nelson saw his first action this year and caught 2 passes for 16 yards, but he also fumbled the ball in overtime after Ray Lewis and the Ravens ripped it out of his hands. Grade: B+.................

http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/entry/buffalo_comes_up_short_but

:feedback:

Michael82
10-25-2010, 05:43 PM
If you guys got any comments, post them here. I wrote the article and tried to be fair in my grades. I might have been a bit too rough on the defense though.

big hock
10-25-2010, 11:27 PM
The offense showed that they weren't going to lay down and die.......the D didn't get the memo.

ParanoidAndroid
10-26-2010, 05:39 AM
The defense had a few critical stops including the one in overtime and got off the field on 3rd down. The Ravens converted only 2 out of 11 3rd downs. The defense easily had its best day so far.

Michael82
10-26-2010, 09:02 AM
The defense had a few critical stops including the one in overtime and got off the field on 3rd down. The Ravens converted only 2 out of 11 3rd downs. The defense easily had its best day so far.
Wow...I didn't realize that. I forgot about how the Ravens got the ball first in OT too. :doh: I was originally going to give them a C-, maybe I should have kept that...

Novacane
10-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Wow...I didn't realize that. I forgot about how the Ravens got the ball first in OT too. :doh: I was originally going to give them a C-, maybe I should have kept that...

Your D was fair. They gave up 34 regulation points to an average offense. If that is our best day so far it's still pathetic.