PDA

View Full Version : maybe Gailey actually knows what he's doing?

Mad Max
10-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Some people have been *****ing up a storm about Spiller not getting enough touches. Well Romo just got his clavicle fractured (who knows what that means for the Cowboys season) due to a rookie Fullback fing up his blocking assignment.

Maybe, just maybe there's a method to Gailey's madness in regards to Spiller and the team in general. He's slowly winning me over.

BillsWin
10-25-2010, 09:48 PM
I also think he wants to break him in slowly and then let him run wild next season behind a gelled and developed o-line and with a defense thats got his back.

mrbojanglezs
10-25-2010, 09:49 PM
he is a liability in pass coverage

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-25-2010, 09:56 PM
cowboys are farked

BidsJr
10-25-2010, 10:32 PM
I lost my Fantasy game by .69 points due to that missed blocking assingment

bf1
10-25-2010, 10:32 PM
0-6

justasportsfan
10-25-2010, 10:33 PM
haha! the miserable look on Jerry Jones is priceless!

Bangarang
10-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Looks like we have some competition for the #1 pick!

EricStratton
10-25-2010, 10:37 PM
That new building is sure making the Boys look good.

MikeInRoch
10-25-2010, 11:02 PM
When it comes to making the Cowboys look terrible in a nice looking stadium, I'm glad they have spared no expense!

big hock
10-25-2010, 11:25 PM
I love seeing Jerry Jones look of disappointment.
Wade may not make it the rest of the season.

Who knew that Dallas would be only 1 win above us at this point.

gggbills
10-25-2010, 11:58 PM
I lost my Fantasy game by .69 points due to that missed blocking assingment

I won my Fantasy game by 5 points due to that missed blocking assignment Smile

Mr. Pink
10-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Or maybe we drafted Reggie Bush 2.0

jamze132
10-26-2010, 12:36 AM
I highly doubt that Gailey is keeping Spiller off the field because Fitz might get injured.

djjimkelly
10-26-2010, 12:39 AM

what does that mean spiller gonna miss half the games and somehow we win in spite of him being on the roster? and we still have major need for a power back on team

Mr. Pink
10-26-2010, 01:14 AM
what does that mean spiller gonna miss half the games and somehow we win in spite of him being on the roster? and we still have major need for a power back on team

We don't need an every down back, we have one. Spiller is a kick returner who should touch the ball about 10 on offense every game. It means we spent or wasted, depending on your perspective, a high pick on an explosive game changer who'll never be a workhorse.

EDS
10-26-2010, 07:57 AM
I highly doubt that Gailey is keeping Spiller off the field because Fitz might get injured.

Gailey is trying to protect the franchise.

TacklingDummy
10-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Spiller is a Fullback :huh:

Bills Juggernaut
10-26-2010, 08:35 AM
I think Gailey knows that RB's have a short shelf life. He knows that Spiller will be his featured back, but not now. Why let him take a beating now when as a rookie on a really bad team it would be a waste of a productive year. Let's prolong his best years to when this team is ready to win.

Let him get his feet wet, get up to the speed of the game. Next year you will see a lot more of him and finally in year three, with our franchise QB in his second year and a defense that is finally on the rise with fresh talent, then you will see Spiller become our Chris Johnson.

OpIv37
10-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Some people have been *****ing up a storm about Spiller not getting enough touches. Well Romo just got his clavicle fractured (who knows what that means for the Cowboys season) due to a rookie Fullback fing up his blocking assignment.

Maybe, just maybe there's a method to Gailey's madness in regards to Spiller and the team in general. He's slowly winning me over.

What difference does it make? We're not winning with Spiller/Fitz and we're not going to win if they get injured.

Your theory might make sense if we were trying to protect the QB for a playoff run, but since that's already out of the question, there is simply no point in keeping such a good player off the field.

Extremebillsfan247
10-26-2010, 01:01 PM

Maybe, just maybe there's a method to Gailey's madness in regards to Spiller and the team in general. He's slowly winning me over. When Gailey fires George Edwards and gets a more competent DC as a replacement, then I think we can say he knows what he is doing. So far, that seems to be the biggest problem on this team is on defense. It's anything but whether or not CJ Spiller can block. JMO

Mad Max
10-26-2010, 02:09 PM
What difference does it make? We're not winning with Spiller/Fitz and we're not going to win if they get injured.

Your theory might make sense if we were trying to protect the QB for a playoff run, but since that's already out of the question, there is simply no point in keeping such a good player off the field.

I agree that he needs to see the field, I'm not of the mind of "saving" a guy. Having said that, blocking is a big part of the game, when on offense you're already outmanned 11 vs. 10, now throw in a guy you can't rely on to block and you're 11-9, not good odds.

It's easy to say we aren't going to win either way, BUT we have a much better chance of winning with FItz most likely than with Brohm or Brown.

So for all intents and purposes Fitz IS the Franchise for now and therefore has to stay upright, because if he goes down, and you got either of the two other guys who may not be able to actually throw the ball...then what happens to Spiller/Frejack when you got 10 in the box?

EDS
10-26-2010, 02:14 PM
I agree that he needs to see the field, I'm not of the mind of "saving" a guy. Having said that, blocking is a big part of the game, when on offense you're already outmanned 11 vs. 10, now throw in a guy you can't rely on to block and you're 11-9, not good odds.

It's easy to say we aren't going to win either way, BUT we have a much better chance of winning with FItz most likely than with Brohm or Brown.

So for all intents and purposes Fitz IS the Franchise for now and therefore has to stay upright, because if he goes down, and you got either of the two other guys who may not be able to actually throw the ball...then what happens to Spiller/Frejack when you got 10 in the box?

Jackson did all right last year without any semblance of a passing game.

Mad Max
10-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Jackson did all right last year without any semblance of a passing game.

Spiller is not Jackson. Jackson can make his own holes, Spiller can't.

trapezeus
10-26-2010, 02:22 PM
i don't mind limiting the wear on spiller. Jackson is doing good, he got a big payday. Let him pound it out.

If the line really is ready to roll now with howard and they can open up holes against good teams, then putting spiller in next year will be ideal.

If we were a team that was in the middle of the AFC East hunt, and Jackson was ineffective, i'd be angry. but that's just not the case.

hydro
10-26-2010, 03:48 PM

Everyone loves to make that comparison. I would actually see it more as Fred Jones 2.0.