PDA

View Full Version : Luke Adam debuts tonight

RockStar36
10-26-2010, 10:48 AM
He will replace Rob Niedermayer, who stayed in Buffalo to be with his wife, who gave birth to a girl on Monday.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/typepad/buffalonews/sabres/~3/YRkiOavywpU/sabres-recall-adam.html

JD
10-26-2010, 05:34 PM
http://www.omgsoysauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/funny-stomach-face-photoshop.jpg

SkateZilla
10-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Congrats Neid, and Thank You for Giving Luke a chance.

OpIv37
10-26-2010, 09:14 PM
First, how did he look, and second, wtf is that ****ing picture and wtf does it have to do with this thread?

hydro
10-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Looked decent. Wouldn't mind him playing in place of Stafford. So sick of Stafford. Had a wide-open net and missed it though.

OpIv37
10-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Had a wide-open net and missed it though.

a perfect fit already!

OpIv37
10-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Maybe he can replace Vanek- I bet he misses the open net for a lot less than $6.5 mil a year.

Electrici
10-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Ya Adam had an open net but rang it off the post, would have made it 2-0 I believe and of course an entirely different game. He looked pretty strong otherwise though.

RockStar36
10-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Maybe he can replace Vanek- I bet he misses the open net for a lot less than $6.5 mil a year.

Eh, Vanek has 3 goals in the last 2 games.

You should really pick on Connolly. That guy is the Donte Whitner of the Sabres, except he was once a decent player.

OpIv37
10-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Eh, Vanek has 3 goals in the last 2 games.

You should really pick on Connolly. That guy is the Donte Whitner of the Sabres, except he was once a decent player.

I think it's partially about expectations.

Vanek was supposed to be the franchise- the next Drury or Briere or LaFontaine, the consistent 40-50 goal scorer. Instead, he goes to sleep. Where was he the first 6 games of the season?

With Connolly, he was always hurt and when he's healthy, his talent never seems to translate to points. He counts less against the cap and I just never expected much out of the guy.

RockStar36
10-27-2010, 07:54 AM
I think it's partially about expectations.

Vanek was supposed to be the franchise- the next Drury or Briere or LaFontaine, the consistent 40-50 goal scorer. Instead, he goes to sleep. Where was he the first 6 games of the season?

With Connolly, he was always hurt and when he's healthy, his talent never seems to translate to points. He counts less against the cap and I just never expected much out of the guy.

Connolly hasn't been hurt for almost 2 years now. Since that time he's been making 4.5 million to do nothing. At least with Vanek and his missed opportunities, you know he's on the ice trying and gives a damn. Connolly is completely invisible at this point.

I really wish they could just buy him out and be done with him. I don't want to wait till the end of the season.

OpIv37
10-27-2010, 07:58 AM
I really wish they could just buy him out and be done with him.

wait, are you talking about Pominville, Vanek, Stafford, Neidermeyer or Rivet? You need to be more specific when you make statements like that about a team like this.

RockStar36
10-27-2010, 08:36 AM
wait, are you talking about Pominville, Vanek, Stafford, Neidermeyer or Rivet? You need to be more specific when you make statements like that about a team like this.

Pominville fits that bill. The rest I'm fine with. For now.

OpIv37
10-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Pominville fits that bill. The rest I'm fine with. For now.

I've seen about 3 good offensive shifts out of Neidermeyer all season.

Rivet's age is catching up with him and it shows big time. From time to time he'll make an amazing play but generally he's average.

Stafford, like most of this team, shows flashes of brilliance between long periods of mediocrity.

I've already made my feelings on Vanek well-known.

RockStar36
10-27-2010, 08:58 AM
I've seen about 3 good offensive shifts out of Neidermeyer all season.

Rivet's age is catching up with him and it shows big time. From time to time he'll make an amazing play but generally he's average.

Stafford, like most of this team, shows flashes of brilliance between long periods of mediocrity.

I've already made my feelings on Vanek well-known.

Stafford, Rivet, Connolly, Neidermayer...all contract year. We're unfortunately stuck with them for this year or so it seems, but hopefully at least 3 of 4 take a walk in the summer.