PDA

View Full Version : I'm telling you right now.

Forward_Lateral
10-26-2010, 07:58 PM
If the Bills take a QB with the 1st overall pick in the 2011 draft, this franchise will be doomed for 5 more years.

Locker is garbage. Mallett is Drew Bledsoe, he'll get killed behind this line.

Luck appears to be staying put.

All of you who want a QB with the 1st overall pick are nuts.

Buffalo Thriller
10-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Locker will shine in 2011.

Buffalo Thriller
10-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Althought an OL pick would suffice.

Bangarang
10-26-2010, 08:03 PM
This is not my mock draft, I just thought it was pretty good. This is if Luck does not come out. I also wouldn't be against taking Blaine Gabbert with our 2nd round pick.

1. Adrian Clayborn DE, Iowa, 6-4 286 (Or take whoever the best DE/DT is)
2. Mason Foster OLB Washington 6-2 240
3. Nate Irving ILB North Carolina St. 6-1 235
4(a). Marcus Gilbert OT Florida, 6-5 320
4(b). Charlie Gantt TE, Michigan ST. 6-5 255
5. Rick Stanzi QB Iowa 6-4 230
6. Quentin Davie OLB Northwestern, 6-4 230
7. Kyle Hix OT Texas, 6-7 320

Forward_Lateral
10-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I'd go Defense, Defense, Defense, Defense, Defense, Defense, Defense, Defense, and Defense.

Chan has shown that his offense can work with a mediocre QB. With Peyton Manning at QB, this team wouldn't win with a D that gives up 35 a game.

Mindbender
10-26-2010, 08:26 PM
The draft is just educated guessing. I mean, no one truly knows how someone is going to do in the NFL until they get there.

justasportsfan
10-26-2010, 09:20 PM
it will all depend on what the coaching staff thinks of both Brohm and Browns progress or lack thereof

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-26-2010, 09:25 PM
what makes you think luck is staying put?

OpIv37
10-26-2010, 09:26 PM
The draft is just educated guessing. I mean, no one truly knows how someone is going to do in the NFL until they get there.

yeah, well, this isn't entirely true. In reality, some guesses are a lot more educated than others. There is no other way to explain the way some teams consistently draft better than others. It may not be a perfect science, but there is a science to it.

Commissioner
10-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Luck will come out ....

BidsJr
10-26-2010, 10:09 PM
This is not my mock draft, I just thought it was pretty good. This is if Luck does not come out. I also wouldn't be against taking Blaine Gabbert with our 2nd round pick.

1. Adrian Clayborn DE, Iowa, 6-4 286 (Or take whoever the best DE/DT is)
2. Mason Foster OLB Washington 6-2 240
3. Nate Irving ILB North Carolina St. 6-1 235
4(a). Marcus Gilbert OT Florida, 6-5 320
4(b). Charlie Gantt TE, Michigan ST. 6-5 255
5. Rick Stanzi QB Iowa 6-4 230
6. Quentin Davie OLB Northwestern, 6-4 230
7. Kyle Hix OT Texas, 6-7 320

Stanzi has 0% chance of lasting till RD5.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-26-2010, 10:32 PM
i want marcel dareus!

Nighthawk
10-26-2010, 10:42 PM
I have no clue who will be worthy of the #1 pick in the draft, but I can tell you that if there is a QB worthy of the pick and the Bills don't pick them, then they will continue to be the laughingstock of the NFL. Anybody who doesn't feel we need to upgrade the QB position is completely fooling themselves.

Bangarang
10-26-2010, 10:43 PM
I have no clue who will be worthy of the #1 pick in the draft, but I can tell you that if there is a QB worthy of the pick and the Bills don't pick them, then they will continue to be the laughingstock of the NFL. Anybody who doesn't feel we need to upgrade the QB position is completely fooling themselves.

Unless Luck comes out I don't see any QB in the draft being worthy of the #1 pick though. :sigh:

Nighthawk
10-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Unless Luck comes out I don't see any QB in the draft being worthy of the #1 pick though. :sigh:

I hear ya, but you never know. Nobody thought Flacco or even Rivers was a high draft pick until closer to the draft itself. The only time we'll truly know is after the combine...until then it's pretty much a crapshoot.

Oaf
10-26-2010, 10:47 PM
In our case then, we should just grab a copy of Draft Weekly and be done with it.

Oaf
10-26-2010, 10:48 PM
IF Luck comes out, is he a consensus #1? Just wondering..

Bangarang
10-26-2010, 10:53 PM
IF Luck comes out, is he a consensus #1? Just wondering..

Pretty much yeah.

TacklingDummy
10-26-2010, 11:18 PM
If Luck comes out, I am praying Buffalo doesn't have the #1 pick.

Defense is the way to go with the first 2 picks.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-27-2010, 04:28 AM
Those of you that actually think people are nuts for their opinion are nuts. It doesn't matter if this entire board wanted to draft a kicker with the number one pick, at the end of the day, our opinion doesn't matter to OBD. This team is going to take who they take regardless of what we think.

tampabay25690
10-27-2010, 06:20 AM
what makes you think luck is staying put?

This is what Im hearing as well on all National publications.

X-Era
10-27-2010, 06:24 AM
This is what Im hearing as well on all National publications.I think it may be interesting to see the effect of Luck declaring or not declaring on the other underclassmen.

If Luck doesn't declare, what would someone like Gabbert do? I mean if he stays, he probably wont overtake Luck as the top QB and if he goes, he may have moved into the 1st round since Luck won't be there.

And the reverse may also be true. If Luck declares, Gabbert could stay in school and be in the mix for the top QB prospect next year.

tampabay25690
10-27-2010, 06:28 AM
I think it may be interesting to see the effect of Luck declaring or not declaring on the other underclassmen.

If Luck doesn't declare, what would someone like Gabbert do? I mean if he stays, he probably wont overtake Luck as the top QB and if he goes, he may have moved into the 1st round since Luck won't be there.

And the reverse may also be true. If Luck declares, Gabbert could stay in school and be in the mix for the top QB prospect next year.

I think all underclassmen will be stuck what to do because of the NFL and the new deal. I would be scared too if I was a JR or Redshirt Soph........

If Luck stays in school guys like Gabbert, and Ponder will definitely make out moving up in the draft. That makes Locker the #1 QB in the draft...

tampabay25690
10-27-2010, 06:30 AM
X-Era this will be a exciting time for us College junkies going up to the NFL draft....
The Bills could do so many thing sna di think we will grab a very good player weather it be a QB or defensive prospect like a Claybourne.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Just remember one thing... 2006:

The Texans had pick #1. They went against the grain and picked Mario Williams. The Saints had #2 and picked Reggie Bush.

The Saints just won the Super Bowl.

The Texans haven't even made the playoffs yet.

malvado78
10-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Just remember one thing... 2006:

The Texans had pick #1. They went against the grain and picked Mario Williams. The Saints had #2 and picked Reggie Bush.

The Saints just won the Super Bowl.

The Texans haven't even made the playoffs yet.
I would argue the Saints winning the Superbowl had very little to do with Reggie Bush...

DraftBoy
10-27-2010, 07:47 AM
The new CBA deal and in particular the rookie cap with have far more of an affect on who leaves early than anything else right now. With no deal in place by the deadline Id expect a very low amount of juniors to declare early.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2010, 07:51 AM
The new CBA deal and in particular the rookie cap with have far more of an affect on who leaves early than anything else right now. With no deal in place by the deadline Id expect a very low amount of juniors to declare early.
I would think otherwise. I would think that juniors would declare sooner so that they can beat any rookie cap that comes into place.

ChristopherWalken
10-27-2010, 07:52 AM
I haven't really checked, are there any worthy offensive lineman to be had with a top 5 pick?

Considering the defense is now the weak link, do the Bills use the 1st pick for some defensive help?

With too many holes to fill, I have to agree with FL on this one. Reeling in a franchise QB could equate to putting the cart before the horse.

T-Long
10-27-2010, 07:53 AM
But shouldn't this be the biggest year for juniors to come out if a deal isn't reached? I would think that this is the last year for rookies to be paid big money in the 1st round because no rookie cap will be in place. If you are projected as a third rounder or later though as a Junior, I would think it would be best to go back to school for your senior year to improve your stock, but the top Juniors should definitely come out this season if they want paid well.

dannyek71
10-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Without a franchise QB, this team is doomed for 5 years.

T-Long
10-27-2010, 08:07 AM
I haven't really checked, are there any worthy offensive lineman to be had with a top 5 pick?

Considering the defense is now the weak link, do the Bills use the 1st pick for some defensive help?

With too many holes to fill, I have to agree with FL on this one. Reeling in a franchise QB could equate to putting the cart before the horse.
If your team doesn't have a quarterback to build around, then you will not be successful. Although I love how Fitz has been playing, but we all know he is not the future of this team. The Bills need to get a QB first, and then build a team around him. I think they go QB in the 1st, then heavily on defense.

ChristopherWalken
10-27-2010, 08:59 AM
If your team doesn't have a quarterback to build around, then you will not be successful. Although I love how Fitz has been playing, but we all know he is not the future of this team. The Bills need to get a QB first, and then build a team around him. I think they go QB in the 1st, then heavily on defense.

I'm not suggesting Fitz is the answer either. But he seems extremely servicable for at least a year or two as you build the line to were it's experienced and laced in better depth.

Bring in the "future" of the team once you've accomplished this task.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Without a franchise QB, this team is doomed for 5 years.

Agreed, but, why reach for a QB that isn't there?

Ed
10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Agreed, but, why reach for a QB that isn't there?
Exactly. This team would be even more doomed if it used the top pick in the draft on a qb that turns out to be a bust. I think the mentality of having to try to draft a franchise qb no matter what leads to picks like Tim Couch, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith...the list goes on and on. If you don't fix the D and they continue to give up 30+ points a game, thats a huge amount of pressure for a rookie qb to overcome.

I think it's still way too early though to have any strong opinions about what we should be doing with our first pick. We still have 10 games to play, we don't know what juniors will declare, we don't know what's going to happen in free agency, and we don't even know if there will be football in 2011. If there's a lockout next year then we can draft whoever we want. There may even be better qb prospects in 2011.

DraftBoy
10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I would think otherwise. I would think that juniors would declare sooner so that they can beat any rookie cap that comes into place.

The rookie cap will likely be a gradual thing, not an immediate hard cap.

If a junior declares early and loses his eligibility then the NFL locks out he loses a year of playing. His value is decreased and if you were an owner would you give a rookie as much as you had in previous years with the uncertainty of if they were even going to play?

DraftBoy
10-27-2010, 11:27 AM
But shouldn't this be the biggest year for juniors to come out if a deal isn't reached? I would think that this is the last year for rookies to be paid big money in the 1st round because no rookie cap will be in place. If you are projected as a third rounder or later though as a Junior, I would think it would be best to go back to school for your senior year to improve your stock, but the top Juniors should definitely come out this season if they want paid well.

If we aren't guaranteed football, why would any owner or GM even be in a rush to sign their rookies to any contract? What's the incentive to sign these kids? You still would have their rights after a new CBA is reached.

Bangarang
10-27-2010, 11:37 AM

The only QB worthy of a #1 pick right now is Luck. Locker and Mallett don't deserve a #1 pick imo.

T-Long
10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
The only QB worthy of a #1 pick right now is Luck. Locker and Mallett don't deserve a #1 pick imo.
I agree, but that's right now in October. Wait for after the season, combine, personal workouts. Their stocks will rise like you wouldn't believe. That's what always happens with highly touted QB's.

Ed
10-27-2010, 11:44 AM
The rookie cap will likely be a gradual thing, not an immediate hard cap.

If a junior declares early and loses his eligibility then the NFL locks out he loses a year of playing. His value is decreased and if you were an owner would you give a rookie as much as you had in previous years with the uncertainty of if they were even going to play?
Yeah I can't really see a lot of juniors intentionally skipping their senior year of football if they know there won't be an NFL season either. Especially if they love the game. And if a junior did come out early because they were more concerned about the financial implications, I might question their motivation and desire to be great at the next level.

T-Long
10-27-2010, 11:44 AM
If we aren't guaranteed football, why would any owner or GM even be in a rush to sign their rookies to any contract? What's the incentive to sign these kids? You still would have their rights after a new CBA is reached.
Well if they can hold their rights till 2012, then yeah, there definitely wouldn't be a rush. I didn't realize they didn't have to have them signed by a certain time in a lockout.

DraftBoy
10-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Well if they can hold their rights till 2012, then yeah, there definitely wouldn't be a rush. I didn't realize they didn't have to have them signed by a certain time in a lockout.

Im no CBA expert but I dont believe they have the same deadline as they would in a regular season.

Buffalo Thriller
10-27-2010, 05:16 PM
I would argue the Saints winning the Superbowl had very little to do with Reggie Bush...

Yeah, Aaron Brooks was there when Reggie was drafted. Drew Brees os what made the Saints.