PDA

View Full Version : Bills Scouts to attend FL St vs. NC State - Ponder

homeslice5484
10-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Roughly three weeks ago, a report surfaced that the Buffalo Bills liked two college quarterback prospects more than other big names - Stanford's Andrew Luck and Florida State's Christian Ponder. The Bills - along with every other team in the NFL, according to Chris Steuber - will get to see Ponder in a live setting when Florida State travels to North Carolina State this Thursday night.

More:
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/10/27/1777385/bills-will-have-scouts-at-florida-state-vs-nc-state-contest

Coach Sal
10-27-2010, 10:43 AM
I would hope they'd look at any and every top QB prospect in person - at least as many as they possibly can. Especially if they are on their initial "like" list.

So, I don't read much into them going to see him.

That's their job.

DraftBoy
10-27-2010, 10:48 AM
No shock here, they've already seen Ponder before (BR missed that detail) along with seeing a number of other QB's.

Go to the scouting zone to see what other games the Bills scouts have been to.

Saratoga Slim
10-27-2010, 10:48 AM
I would hope they'd look at any and every top QB prospect in person - at least as many as they possibly can. Especially if they are on their initial "like" list.

So, I don't read much into them going to see him.

That's their job.

Yeah. What he said.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I'd rather have NC State QB Russell Wilson than Ponder.:bringit:

trapezeus
10-27-2010, 11:39 AM
DB, would you think that there is a better chance at getting a game changing NT/LB at #1 or getting a QB at #1.

from what i hear, ponder is good, but is more like a 2nd round projection. if the bills really like him, does it make sense to consider him a lock pick in the second round and focuse on the LB and NT positions?

DraftBoy
10-27-2010, 11:44 AM
DB, would you think that there is a better chance at getting a game changing NT/LB at #1 or getting a QB at #1.

from what i hear, ponder is good, but is more like a 2nd round projection. if the bills really like him, does it make sense to consider him a lock pick in the second round and focuse on the LB and NT positions?

Right now Im not sold on any of them being a #1 overall choice in all honesty. This draft is not top heavy, if anything its rather weak at the top. People are going to tell you guys like Mallett, Luck, and Locker should all go #1, and while I have Luck #1 amongst those three, he hasn't taken the step forward Ive been waiting for. If anything Mallett has been the most impressive of the bunch and I still dont think he's a top 15 pick right now, considering how poor plays under pressure.

There are no LB's or NT's right now Id take number 1.

trapezeus
10-27-2010, 12:13 PM
who's the top guy on your board then?

Nighthawk
10-27-2010, 12:13 PM
No shock here, they've already seen Ponder before (BR missed that detail) along with seeing a number of other QB's.

Go to the scouting zone to see what other games the Bills scouts have been to.

Everyone knows I'm not a big fan of "Buffalo Rubble", so I don't really give much attention to anything they write.

Nighthawk
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Right now Im not sold on any of them being a #1 overall choice in all honesty. This draft is not top heavy, if anything its rather weak at the top. People are going to tell you guys like Mallett, Luck, and Locker should all go #1, and while I have Luck #1 amongst those three, he hasn't taken the step forward Ive been waiting for. If anything Mallett has been the most impressive of the bunch and I still dont think he's a top 15 pick right now, considering how poor plays under pressure.

There are no LB's or NT's right now Id take number 1.

The funny thing is how people were talking up last year's draft as one of the best in recent memory, but there are not a ton of rookies really tearing it up right now. Scouting is funny, and can change by seasons end...we both know that.

DraftBoy
10-27-2010, 01:58 PM
who's the top guy on your board then?

Iowa DE Adrian Clayborn

DraftBoy
10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
The funny thing is how people were talking up last year's draft as one of the best in recent memory, but there are not a ton of rookies really tearing it up right now. Scouting is funny, and can change by seasons end...we both know that.

Let's be fair now NH,

Bradford
Best
Mike Williams
Bryant
Hernandez
Gresham
Moeaki
Suh
Misi
Deadrick
Ward
Verner
Washington
Thomas
Grimm
Allen

are all having fantastic rookie seasons.

Scouting is designed to change, that's how it works. People who expect it to stay static and use change as some kind of a flaw are failing to understand how the process works. Not saying you don't because I know you do.

nolimit
10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey DB...how does clayborn compare to mario williams when he was drafted number 1?