PDA

View Full Version : Linemen protect well, but they tip cap to Fitz

justasportsfan
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Good read. Fitz seem to be surprising everyone especially when most of us thought he was the one who was gonna be cut .

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Linemen-protect-well-but-they-tip-cap-to-Fitz/03198867-371a-4181-9dc4-bb8bc338c48a

“He’s the one that’s really in charge,” said Bills center Geoff Hangartner. “I can’t take a whole lot of credit. He’s the one who tells us who to go to and I just try to coordinate it with the line to make sure we’re going to the people he wants us to go block. He’s the one running the ship.”

“We’ll have a protection called and then we give him an opportunity to see the defense and say where he wants us to go,” said Fred Jackson. “We give him that leverage and he’s good at dissecting what’s going on and putting us in the right spots.”

Thief
10-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Fitzpatrick said. “I think the communication, at least since I stepped in, has been better every week and we’re just going to continue to build on that.”

“We want to keep him completely clean,” said Hangartner. “Hopefully we can build on that (performance) and just keep getting better.”

I think Fitz was kinda hinting here, and I am glad Hang is setting the bar even higher.

cocamide
10-27-2010, 12:44 PM
How many times on the game-tying drive were any of you yelling "Throw the ball!" as a defender came barrelling in towards Fitz? I know I did many times. Each time, though, he got rid of the ball just in time and ended up making a nice pass. It's interesting how a smart QB makes the O-Line look better. With Edwards or Losman back there, those would definitely have been sacks and we'd be yelling about how crappy the O-Line is.

justasportsfan
10-27-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think the communication was weak under Trent. It's was so good that everyone from the OL, wr ,fans and even he opponents D knew were were dinking . Communication doesn't get better than that.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Its like I read somewhere, idk if it was on here or somewhere in fantasy football...in the NFL, its better to have an extremely smart QB with limited physical tools than it is to have a combine hero who has limited mental capacity (cough*JP*cough)